Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and Confused and thinking....

Good Morning All

My name is Tammara and I am a mother of 2 here in the ATL (Atlanta, GA for those who don’t know...LOL!). I have been overweight for almost 18 years now. I have gone on diet after diet only to gain the weight back. I will say that over the past few years after I found out that I have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) I have been confused about how to lose weight. So I really have not tried like I should to.

Like everyone else, when I am told that I cant have something it make me want it more and now time is not my friend in the journey for weight loss. So I decided to get WLS. I decided on the Lap Band procedure as I did not want anything too invasive to my body. I just need a little bit of help as I know I need to do the work.

I am on a diet from my nutritionist and my surgeon where I have to eat of get in 70 grams of Protein a day. I am having a hell of a time getting to that number. I really don’t know what to eat to get that amount in. I am not a milk drinker...I don’t like oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese, brain cereal...LOL!!! I know it is a lot. But I just need to know what I need to do to get this amount in. I want the surgery will all my heart and I don’t want to do anything that might get me turned down. I just need a little help.

If all goes well I should be scheduled for sometime in June and I will like to lose 20lbs before that time.

Any bit will help...Thanks everyone....

Tammara!!!

:thumbup:

Hey girl! Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

I, too, have PCOS and am actually not doing too bad getting in my Protein. I think when you're poly-cystic, lower carbs and higher Protein is better for you and it's the type of "diet" that works.

I'm like you - I HATE yogurt, oatmeal, etc. I do like milk, but hate the taste of a lot of protein powders so I have to get creative. I do supplement my diet with a lot of low-fat cheese. I love LF string cheese as well as some of the low-fat cheeses that you can get - look for Sargento's, etc. They will have slices in a variety that are reduced fat.

Truthfully - to get my protein in pre-band (and post-band once I go to more "solid" foods) I'll be eating a LOT of turkey and chicken. I even ate a number of just turkey slices. If you look on the package and get ones without fillers (I used Sara Lee) I think 4 slices of turkey was only 50 calories but almost 7 or 10 grams of protein. It's a quick way to get the protein in and if you savor the slices, it will hold you over for a while. :) (I like to eat them with a slice of low-fat provolone)

There are also some flavorless protein powders that you can add to a lot of food. I found some at GNC and add it to a number of things. You can't taste it in Spaghetti sauce when you blend it in and I believe it's Ronzoni Smart Taste has about 10 grams of protein per serving.

Hope those ideas help! I have more if you want, just let me know!

Ginger