Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting a little frustrated on my weight loss. I was banded on March 9th and lost 6 pounds right away. Now it has been almost 3 weeks and only lost 2 pounds since then.

I know that this time is for healing but I have been working out and not eating a lot and the scale is just not moving.

I have my first fill on April 22nd and I hope I can start losing again. :)

You said it yourself, but I guess maybe you don't actually believe it. This time is for healing not losing-it TRULY is, focus only on that for the time being and you will be successful mentally and physically

I am so in the same boat! I was banded on March 10th and I lost 14 pounds in the beginning but then over the past week i GAINED 5 pounds! i've been working out and eating perfectly. Our bodies are undergoing alot of changes! As easy as it is to get discouraged, try not to. I'm trying to work on not being so focused on numbers and just getting healthier. if not, i might go crazy! just know you aren't alone! :)

At least you dont have to wait for 3 months to get a fill!:o

My surgery was Feb. 24 and my first fill is may 24th, just be patient the weight will start to fall off. I am almost 5 weeks post op and I am down 35lbs, I am a male so I know we lose faster but the first couple of weeks I really didnt lose but 10-12 lbs but the last few weeks I have seen it come off fairly good, and my band is EMPTY with no fill in it at all. I just keep telling myself I didnt gain it all in a couple months I will not lose it all either. Good luck the hard part is over(waiting) and it is time to get your mind in the right place as far as food goes, eat good and excercise will get you there alot faster!

I'm a 3/9 gal too. I lost 10 pounds the first two weeks and the scale hasn't budged this week. On the plus side, I feel like myself again physically and am able to do everything I used to do BUT...I am starving and so bored with pureed poop I ate half a burger my husband grilled. You can guess what came back to visit shortly. I'm finding the most I can managed in the morning is a shake but by dinner I can easily eat a cup + of pureed veggies, chicken and potatoes. Well, at least I'm not gaining! First fill is 4/14 - Keep me posted on how you're doing!

Hi

From UK had my surgery 27/1/10 10 days after op i had lost 26 pounds.

Had first fill 23/3/10 i had put on 8 pounds!!, i am back to eating normally.......and cant help myself!!

People say round about your 3rd fill it will kick in and you will get restriction.

tommorrow is another day and i am going to attempt pre-op diet this week!! to get me back in the zone......:o

I had my surgery in October 2009 and haven't lost anything either. I'm still having troubles getting to proper restriction. This is not a quick fix. Yes, I am starting to get really frustrated over this, but it is far too early for you to panic.