Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To unfill or not to unfill, that is the question...

So here is my story: I had my last fill about a month ago. Immediately, the amount I could eat was greatly restricted. That's a good thing. However, I soon started PBing quite often--like almost every day.

In the morning, I usually can't handle anything, even liquid. By about ten or so, I am starving. At this time I can handle yogurt usually. My lunch is at 11:25. At lunch I can usually eat a few bites of solid food. Then I am starving again by like 3:30. At supper (which is about 4:30 at my house) I can eat a little more solid food, between a 1/2 a cup and a cup. If I were to eat later than that, say 9 or 10, I could eat substantially more. I usually don't though. What I eat at 4:30 usually keeps me from being hungry for the rest of the night. It doesn't keep me from wanted to eat, but it does keep me from being hungry. I do have to try really hard to get all my Protein in, but I usually do. Now, if this were all of the story, I wouldn't be worried.

I also have a hard time drinking throughout the day. When I can drink (not too soon before or after meals), I have to sip which makes it hard to get all my fluids in.

Well, today, I woke up with a fever of 101.6 and very bad pain in my lower back. My mother-in-law who is a nurse said I am probably dehydrated. So, I have stayed home, rested, and tried to drink today. Since 7 AM I have drunk 32 ounces of tea. At about 1 PM, I drank a Protein Drink (about 12 ounces). I had a hard time getting that down. So, I called and made an appointment to see my doctor on Monday. At about 6 PM, I ate the inside of a frozen burrito (I know it's not the greatest choice, but it was the softest Protein source other than a shake I have at home) and got that down. It amounted to probably less than a quarter of a cup of meat and Beans.

So, here is my question: Is this normal? Do others have days like this or do you think something is wrong? I had been at a plateau for quite some time, and I am just now breaking that. Now, I am wavering on whether I should keep my appointment or not. I have lost five pounds since my last fill and prior to that I had lost five pounds in about three months. I hesitate to get an unfill, but I definitely want to be healthy.

Any opinions, comment, and personal experience would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

sounds like you are eating though and not upchucking. I wouldn't get unfilled and would sip on liquids all day long if necessary to keep fluids up edxcept during or after eating.

You only have 20 more pounds to goal? I would keep that in mind and the fact that weightloss will be slower toward the end of your weightloss phase. I would keep the appointment so you can talk with your doc about everything. You don't have to get a fill or an unfill, just maybe check in and make sure you and the doc are on the same page. I do have days when I can not eat much at all. If I've been stuck or had an issue like that I usually have to go with liquids or something like yogurt for the rest of the day or the day after. I think it is pretty normal to be tight in the mornings. I usually drink a Protein Shake for Breakfast.< /p>

Thanks, folks. Actually, the goal in my ticker is my first goal which is to get under 200. I actually have 79 pounds to be at my final goal.

I think I will keep my appointment and talk to him. I just want to make SURE everything is okay...

Also, I have been PBing a lot...almost every day...another reason to talk to him, I suppose!

Thanks...sometimes I just need reassurance. I don't have anyone else to talk to about it since no one close to me has had the band.