Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everybody, I was banded in Derby uk in April 2009 since then i havent lost anything!!!! honestly i could cry and feel like giving up the band obviously dosent work for me

I have had 3 fills total of 6.5cc in 10cc band. Although there are certain foods which i struggle with (chicken, fish, thick bread) the rest goes down fine with small bites..However i never feel satisfied i could just carry on eating, i eat the same size portion as my other half.

Im due to see the nurse next week (have already cancelled one appointment as i am sure she wont beleive me) i really dont know what to say to her im eating the things they tell me and although i have never put anything on there is nothing coming off. I just want to not feel hungry anymore :confused:

Oh Shell1, don't lose hope! I think you're still not "tight" enough. I see how much fill you have in your 10cc band, but you may very well still need more liquid in your band. I was banded 7/4/09 in Mexico (with an AWESOME SURGEON) but I couldn't afford to go back to him for th fills - I live about 2,200 miles from him. So, I used Fill Centers USA (which I love) but it still took 4 fills and a total of 6 months before I got ANY restriction. I gained back all of the weight I lost pre-surgically before getting restriction. I felt like such a failure. But, I too was SO HUNGRY - because I didn't have any restriction.

Please speak to your nurse and tell her exactly what's happened and how you feel. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!! :confused:

I agree that it sounds as though you need a fill. But I also think it's time to examine what you're eating.

Just because you can eat as much as your partner doesn't mean you should.

Yes, it's difficult to lose before appropriate restriction is achieved. But it is possible. Why not make good use of the time? Research how others who've had success eat--and make some changes.

Are you getting enough Water, 64oz is the norm reccomended. Are you excersising, if not that would help a lot. There are too many great benefits to working out I can't even list them. Also, you might want to examine your portions. Maybe it's the right food but just too much of it. Are you getting at least 60g of protien? Do you write down what you eat? I do that and count the calories and protien. Hope all this helps. Don't give up! You can do it!

Thanks for the replies, guess im just feelin sorry for myself and ive got pmt lol

I will deffinitely talk to the nurse next week and tell her whats happening, thanks tish

Betsy B thanks for the advice i have been looking through what other people are eating and picked up some ideas

Vlp i know i really dont drink much at all so will deffinitely up that and start and write down what i eat: im sure this will help and work on eating more Protein. Thanks

I really think i should of researched more before the band as i was so eager to get it done i must admit a really didnt know anything about it oops:rolleyes2:

I will keep looking at everyones advice thanks all