Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do good all day but.....

Almost every day I do good w/ eating Protein Shake for Breakfast or eggs...light lunch very few carbs usually.Then I get home from work eat dinner again not real heavy eating finish up no later than 6:30 which is good cause i TRY not to eat after 7:00.Once 8-8:30 hits boom hit up the kiddie Snacks cheeze nips,teddy grams whatever it may be.How do u shut that off its slowin me up,not gainin but not losin as quick as I want:thumbdown:

You sound just like me! I'm a night feeder LOL! I'm barely hungry all day (and eat very healthy), but as soon as I get home--the bad things call my name. Usually I am very tight in the morning too, so I don't eat until the afternoon, but in the evening I am actually able to eat. I am usually really good about making a healthy dinner, but there are times when the kids are eating things that I might want a taste of. Since I consume so little calories during the day, I figure a taste of it won't kill me, as long as it's not every night and it's definitely a bite or two. We are human after all. Try to allow yourself a treat every now and then, but don't make it too much of a habit. When I'm having a really hard time staying away, I just go exercise or clean the house--ANYTHING to get snacking out of my head!

Good luck!

Almost every day I do good w/ eating Protein shake for breakfast or eggs...light lunch very few carbs usually.Then I get home from work eat dinner again not real heavy eating finish up no later than 6:30 which is good cause i TRY not to eat after 7:00.Once 8-8:30 hits boom hit up the kiddie Snacks cheeze nips,teddy grams whatever it may be.How do u shut that off its slowin me up,not gainin but not losin as quick as I want:thumbdown:

It sounds a little like you aren't really getting quite enough calories and Protein. Do you eat regular eggs? If so, have you considered trying the egg beaters that are made from mostly whites. I buy costco brand. They are 30 cal serv with 6g protein. A serving is = to 1 egg. I make mine with about a Tbs of finely chopped onion and green pepper if I have some, 1/2 small can drained mushrooms and a tsp of grated parm cheese. I use 3 portions of egg beater and scramble it in a non-stick pan with cooking spray. That is 18 g of protein. This seems to stick to my ribs quite well. Also the egg beaters are cholesterol free, unlike regular eggs.

How about a 100 calories of some sort of high protein as a snack when your kids are snacking in front of you? There are some protein powders or drinks that would give you 15-20 or so g's of protein for around 100-150 calories.

Just a thought. Good Luck. :frown:

My food is perfection ... DURING THE DAY! At night ... not so much! In the morning I have a Protein shake - can't stomach food in the morning (I've tried) and my lunch is between 220 - 320 calories everyday. I can barely get my lunch down, some days I can only eat half of it. But in the evening I not only am able to eat more physically -- mentally the stresses of my day sit around a table in my mind and remind me that "FOOD IS THE ANSWER!" LOL Fortunately, my last fill (about 3 weeks ago) has me much, much tighter; making nigth eating uncomfortable, but I still try -- and regret it every time. It is the mental part that gives me the most problems. I must admit it was getting better, but recently I have been assigned new responsibilities at work that are very stressful, and I am worried about one of my kids that is away at school (about to start her last quarter) and is overwhelmed and calling me in tears. Whew! I'm just a little stressed. So, when I get home instead of relaxing I am a little more tense that I should be. :frown: Oh, and I'm taking a class on Wednesday nights that ends at 10 p.m.! OMG! I am too old for this! LOL

Anyway, I understand about the night eating and I am working with my therapist to find ways to channel my stress so that my old "food is the answer to all my problems" voice doesn't takeover.

Good luck to us all!

My food is perfection ... DURING THE DAY! At night ... not so much! In the morning I have a Protein shake - can't stomach food in the morning (I've tried) and my lunch is between 220 - 320 calories everyday. I can barely get my lunch down, some days I can only eat half of it. But in the evening I not only am able to eat more physically -- mentally the stresses of my day sit around a table in my mind and remind me that "FOOD IS THE ANSWER!" LOL Fortunately, my last fill (about 3 weeks ago) has me much, much tighter; making nigth eating uncomfortable, but I still try -- and regret it every time. It is the mental part that gives me the most problems. I must admit it was getting better, but recently I have been assigned new responsibilities at work that are very stressful, and I am worried about one of my kids that is away at school (about to start her last quarter) and is overwhelmed and calling me in tears. Whew! I'm just a little stressed. So, when I get home instead of relaxing I am a little more tense that I should be. :frown: Oh, and I'm taking a class on Wednesday nights that ends at 10 p.m.! OMG! I am too old for this! LOL

Anyway, I understand about the night eating and I am working with my therapist to find ways to channel my stress so that my old "food is the answer to all my problems" voice doesn't takeover.

Good luck to us all!

I think its more habit than anything w/ eating like that at nite.I tell my self i did good all day i deserve a snack but that snowballs and I agree food is the answer after a stressful day which is a terrible way to look at it.Also I have that if a tree falls in the woods nobody hears it attitude w/ eating,u know like it doesnt count if nobody sees u eat what ever ur stuffing in your face.Thanks for the feedback..good luck w/ your job and your kid..I guess its true what my parents say about how u never stop worrying abput ypur kid no matter what age..thanks

Sounds like you're not getting enough calories during the day. A Protein Shake for breakfast and a 220-320 cal lunch that you may eat only half of is not enough..of course you're hungry at night. Try eatting a bigger lunch and a nice dinner and then you will know it head hunger..which is a whole other talk show! LOL Also try having some prepared Snacks in the fridge that you can grab easily or have another Protein shake at night if you have to have something. Getting enough Water in through the day is huge...sometimes we think we are hungry and we are dehydrated.

I found I was eating a lot junk food late afternoon and evening so I have made a conscious effort to eat a healthy snack when I get home from work and then have dinner a bit late - it has really helped me to stop picking at bad stuff late in the evening. Good luck finding what works for you