Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi all i am new to this and only signed up today but i have been reading for a few years now. i really need some advice basicly im classed as morbidly obese and i have tried all diets and nothing works

me and my husband long to have a baby but im too big to conceive and its causing my manic depressent and i suffer from anxiety not to mentioned all the other problems assosiated with obesity

i am also a asthmatic

anyway my BMI is 71.1 which i know is very bad but when i go to the doctors all they give me is orlistat i really want to have surgery as im 33 years old and my time is running out to have a family is there any advice anyone can give me and which type of surgery would best suit me???

Orlistat - Help With Weight Loss | Health | Patient UK

thanks

Edited by bigshell
spelling mistakes

Hi big shell,

Welcome to this site. My first suggestion would be to visit a bariatric surgeon and discuss your choices with him/her. Your surgeon will let you know which route they feel will work best for you but the decision is yours. They will also talk to you about which option will be best if your are hoping for a pregnancy. With the band I know they ask you to wait about 12-18 months, when you become pregnant they open the band up fully, you eat normally but healthy!! then after the baby is born, when you are healed and ready, they will start again slowly with fills to get you back on track.

I had 100lbs to lose and after visiting a few seminars in my area I chose my surgeon. During my initial consultation we discussed the options. I decided on the lap band because I was afraid of the permanent alteration to my body. I have had good success so far, a friend of mine went the gastric bypass route and while her weight has come off faster, my food tolerence and side effects have been better. Either way is a big step, but it's the first step in changing your life dramatically for the better!!

I always remeber my band is only a tool in helping me lose weight, it's not a magic bullet. I get out of it what I put into it. By thinking this way I am never disapointed and don't get discouraged. My surgery was easy, recovery was fast and I was back to a normal life in a shorter time then if I had bypass. Every one is different and healing, pain etc will vary but I have been happy with my lap band choice.

good luck and let me know how you are doing.

G'Ma

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches