Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am miserable, hungry, hurting, itching! Please help!

I'm sorry ya'll are feeling bad. I didn't feel like eating for at least two weeks after surgery so I cannot help there. I started getting a little hungry after I started soft foods, but it hasn't been bad. The worse was probably the morning after my first fill. I was used to eating real food for the past week, and I had to go back on full liquids after the fill. It does get better though.

Yahoo, I am not alone. Just apologized to my wife for being crabby this afternoon - as I was sufferring from some serious hunger pains. I had not drank enough Water or Protein shakes, so I guess from reading the above posts that was to be expected - crabbiness.

I feel like at times I have "buyer's remorse" and hope I did the right thing. I start to dream about eating big meals and wonder if I was sane making this change. I need to focus on my health, feeling good, looking better...etc, but it sure is hard right now.

Thanks for the posts, they helped a lot...

Banded 3/15....and wishing for a miracle by 3/18!

Hang in there guys! As a food addict I realized that most of it was in my head. I think about food 24/7 and therefore I'm hungry "mentally" all the time. I drank lots and lots of tea/crystal light and Water to hold me over from the hunger pains. I repeatedly tell myself that it's only food, I'm the boss here and I can do anything for a couple of weeks. I wrapped my Capricorn brain around the first few weeks as a challenge. Stay strong, the time will pass....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

well, the suppositories really did help some but i'm still having a lot of gas pains and stuff. it sucks. i'm still feeling hungry, too. and no, i'm not getting all my Protein in and i know that's prolly part of the problem with me feeling so sluggish and etc. but i can't stomach the ones i've been using and so i've been doing carnation instant Breakfast. it's only 15 grams of protein per 8oz shake which is hardly anything i know. some new shakes are supposed to be coming in tomorrow though and hopfeully those will be helpful and something i can stomach. i'm nervous about calling my doctor's office and asking if i can move onto other foods. i mean, i don't know why i'm nervous i just am. has anyone actually called thier doc and said "i need to know if i can move onto mushies. i can't handle these shakes anymore!!!!" and if you did, what was the outcome? i feel like i'd be doing better if i were getting more protein. this is soooo hard. i'm constantly debating if i've done the right thing and thinking of all the food i could be eating right now if i hadn't done this. i sure hope i get past this phase.and soon.

Hi,

I was banded on March 8th. I can relate to the gas pains and itching. However, what has really helped me with the hunger is plenty of Water and herbal teas and lots of Protein. I've been eating the following daily: I've been mixing a 1/4 cup cottage cheese with a 1/4 cup nf greek yogurt for breakfast. lunch is a Protein shake, with 1/3 of a banana, (I really like the unjury advertised on this site) and dinner is a cream based Soup (about a half cup or so).

I'm eating three times a days and if I feel hungery inbetween I take in liquids.

Again

The first days after surgery can be really hard, y'all, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel soon.

There are other Protein supplementation products besides milky shakes that you might like better...the Bariatric Eating website lists some of these. I was tired of sweets, and needed some savory stuff...so I bought a bunch of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein to add to broth and whatnot, which worked out great. The Allergan Lap Band site had a recipe for Hot and Sour broth that was so good, I'm STILL using it!

Hang in there- you will get past this time successfully!

Best wishes,

Christine