Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just wondering...not successful at this point

just wanting to know exactly at what point can you tell you have had enough to eat? I have recently changed doctors and have had my 2nd port put in.

I still believe I am able to eat too much and sometimes I am hungry shortly after eating?!

I am also still drinking wine..please give me some advice!!!

Many thanks

If you've just had a port put in, does that mean you currently have a band with no fill?

When I had no restriction at all, I felt satisfied only very briefly, and had to very carefully listen to my body's signals for that. And I had to tell myself, "No!" a good deal--because I, too, was very hungry shortly after eating. Thankfully, approaching restriction solves that nicely.

Instead of relying on that, I weighed and measured my food. I still do, because I'm just shy of restriction. (I probably will continue to do so long-term--just because I'm not a good judge of quantity and need a reminder.)

As for the wine--well, lots of people would tell you that there's room for that in the bandster's life. I'm really not among them--at least not when there's still weight to be lost. An occasional glass, sure--but routinely drinking it offers your body nothing it requires, and also causes disinhibition that can make it difficult to put the brakes on eating.

Sometimes it is the very small changes that you make that can create the biggest differences.

The wine might be "it", or at least part of it.

There has been a lot of discussion on this board on the subject of alcohol and weight loss, and there are lots of opinions on both sides of the issue.

MOST Doctors will tell you that it is beneficial to lay off the booze while you are losing weight. I would agree with that very strongly.....I have seen the elimination of alcohol make a huge difference in the rate that some people lose.

Why did you have your port replaced?

THANKS for your reply..I am going to leave the wine off and see if I don't have better success.

My port was leaking; therefore I had to have it replaced!

Mary, I do think that is a wise choice.

I would also suggest that you see a nutritionist that has a background in working with Bariatric Surgery patients. They can help you with the portion issue, and give you other advice.

It's not always a matter of stopping when you feel full....sometimes you have to wait a little after you eat, and then you will feel full. The lap band does not always keep you from being hungry. That is one of the myths about it. It happens in some people, but not all.

It does sound like you have not received very good aftercare or nutritional counseling from your orginal surgeon. It would really be in your best interests to seek out some additional resources, such as a Nutritionist and perhaps a Pyschotherapist that has a background in dealing with weight issues. There are many pieces to this weight loss surgery "puzzle" and SO often many of these pieces are neglected either by the Doctor or the patient. Sometimes you have to be a little more proactive to be able to get the most out of your Lap Band experience.

Keep us posted on your progess.