Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Odd Shoulder Pain

First off I need a fill BAD!!!! I have been able to eat way to much. Anyway last few days when I eat my shoulders start to hurt.. Like they get sore, a feeling like the gas pains maybe or even a feeling like a chest cold is coming on. Well it ONLY happens when when I eat. Plus it cant be a cold, Im on 875mg of Amoxicillin (sp) twice a day. Well Im off them now but I was on them two days ago. Anyway Im not sure what it could be. Im going to see my Band Dr. on the 18th so I am hoping he could tell what it is. Im going for a fill and he is going to check my stomach since I have been in much pain from it for a while now. I just wanted to see if any of you had pain in your shoulder when you ate.

Thanks for any info.

~Trish

Trish, I notice if I eat a tad too much that I get a shoulder pain directly under my shoulder blade. It is just a sign I use to stop eating right then.

Everyone is different and it very well could be that yours is a gas pain. Maybe someone else who has had it will post soon.

Trish, I notice if I eat a tad too much that I get a shoulder pain directly under my shoulder blade. It is just a sign I use to stop eating right then.

Everyone is different and it very well could be that yours is a gas pain. Maybe someone else who has had it will post soon.

I would think that it was because I was eating to much.. but it happens on the 1st or 2nd bite. So thats why I am a bit lost.

WOW That shoulder pain is crazy. I had it for weeks 2 days after surgery. So many people had it and for most of us it is related to be banded and gas. Gas X helped me tremendously.

WOW That shoulder pain is crazy. I had it for weeks 2 days after surgery. So many people had it and for most of us it is related to be banded and gas. Gas X helped me tremendously.

I have been banded for 6 months now.. and its only when I eat something.. So I dont think it is the same shoulder pain I had when I was first banded.

Trish,

Its so good to see you around! Weve missed you, girl!

Regarding your shoulder pain, this IS odd. Do you think it could have something to do with the position you are seated in while you are eating?

Maybe eat standing and see if it helps... ??? (I hope no one is laughing at me, cause Im being very serious here!) How long has this been going on?

Trish I'm so sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with the pain... Sounds odd... I hope you get to the bottom of the problem and FAST. Is there not any way you can see your Dr. before the 18th??? If so you should. This pain has been going on a long time and you really are starting to worry me girl. (((HUGS)))

Trish,

Its so good to see you around! Weve missed you, girl!

Regarding your shoulder pain, this IS odd. Do you think it could have something to do with the position you are seated in while you are eating?

Maybe eat standing and see if it helps... ??? (I hope no one is laughing at me, cause Im being very serious here!) How long has this been going on?

OMG Paula I was actually just thinking that.. then I was thinking what I have been doing while eating.. and its sitting on the couch with one leg under me... It just didnt seem realistic that, that could be the problem.. but now Im thinking it is. Thanks

Trish I'm so sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with the pain... Sounds odd... I hope you get to the bottom of the problem and FAST. Is there not any way you can see your Dr. before the 18th??? If so you should. This pain has been going on a long time and you really are starting to worry me girl. (((HUGS)))

Jaime my shoulder pain just started a week ago.. but I think its because the way I am sitting while I eat.. belive me im more worried about my stomach. but between school and money for travel the 18th is the only time I can make it up to CO. I will let you know how it goes.

Trish your shoulder pain is most likely your signal to stop eating, we all get a "soft stop" signal..this is very likely yours, I have heard many others tell me they get the shoulder pain also. You say you are eating way too much so it makes perfect sense since we no longer get that "full" feeling anylonger. My soft stop signal is an ice cream headache, try eating less at each meal and see if it helps. Others get a runny nose or a hiccup or a cough

Trish, I'm 16 months out and I still get this on and off. I actually haven't figured out what it is. Sometimes I get it when I'm really hungry and it's been too long since my last meal, I always get it if I eat too much, and sometimes I get it for what seems like no apparent reason. I believe that I get this pain when my stomach churns for whatever reason. I've been told that this is referred pain from the diaphragm. So if my stomach churns, it effects the diaphagm, which bugs my shoulder... I guess. :)

If this continues, I would recommend you speak to Nicci (Nicci6) on wlsforum.org, which is where most of the people went when spotlighthealth went down. She suffered with this for a long time, I believe her surgeon ~thought~ her Vegus (sp?) nerve had been nicked during surgery. That's an extreme, I know, and it may just be something simple. But, if it continues, catch up with her and she may have some info for you.

Rachele

8/2002

Revision to DS 11/17/05

Jaime my shoulder pain just started a week ago.. but I think its because the way I am sitting while I eat.. belive me im more worried about my stomach. but between school and money for travel the 18th is the only time I can make it up to CO. I will let you know how it goes.

well your worrying me about all the problems...stomach and shoulder pains are not good! I thought you meant you had been haveing the shoulder pains along with the stomach pains... Either way you are worrying me girl. get to the dr!!!!

I don't have any sage advice to offer, I just wanted to say that I'm happy to see you, I'm worried for you, and I hope that you get better VERY soon.

I'm here if you need me girl.