Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friends,

I was banded on 1/27, about 6 1/2 weeks ago and am happy with my 27 pound weightloss.My Dr. Didn't give me a fill since I'm losing at a good pace and I get full pretty quickly.strangely, for the past few days I haven't been hungry at all.I thought it was a reaction to some wine that I drank on Saturday (which gave me reflux all night), but it has been 2 days and I'm still not wanting anything to eat. Up to this point I'd feel some what hungry and have something to eat every 3 hours or so. But it took all I had to drink a yogurt and fruit smoothie this morning. Is this just the way that life rolls with the band? I'm trying to focus on drinking Water so at least I stay hydrated. Any thoughts/comments? Best, Loryn

I was banded on 1/28 and had my first fill on 3/8. My doc said that everyone is different and some people may need multiple fills while others only 1 or 2. I've been very surprised how much restriction I've gotten with only 1 fill. I'm scheduled for another one on 4/7. I have a 10cc band with 1cc fill so far. Good luck on what you're doing, it seems to be working!

Are you vomiting at all? If you can't keep food down for more than a few days I would call your doc. If you can't even keep fluids down, I would call asap. Have you tried protien shakes?

I was banded in NYC on 9-5-2008. Went for check-ups with surgeon, but he refused to give me a fill until the six-months point, because I was losing weight so beautifully! LapBand surgery has indeed been a blessing and "the answer" for me. BUT LET's STICK WITH YOUR CONCERN: yes indeed, The LapBand can be a bit fickle... there are indeed days-on-end that I have zero-nada-zilch-zippo-NO APPETITE WHATSOEVER, but I make 101% certain to have at l-e-a-s-t three (3) lower sugar shakes (I personally like the Carnation Instant Breakfast Lower Sugar in Rich Milk Chocolate). Keeps your Proteins and other needed nutrients in check! YOU HAVE TO BE KEENLY AWARE that if you doNOT give your body the nutrients it needs, you'll feel sluggish, your hair will start to fall out, and and and... ALSO: if you can't cut up and swallow a daily Multivitamin, go to a quality health food store to buy liquid daily-multi Vitamins, or, I sometimes buy Flintstones chewables (with a coupon!), to get some additional vitamins in... muchoMUCHO important... The first time I started to notice a complete and utter LACK of appetite, I had a mini-freak-out!!!, but a good one nonetheless... pre-LapBand, NOTHING EVER made me feel "full" and I was ccccconstantly preoccupied with food! Now?? Nope... Since 9-5-2008, I'm down 105 lbs... UNREAL to me... HappyHAPPY being LapBanded, and wishing you the same in your journey! Aunt Suzie

Aunt Susie you are an inspiration to me! I am being banded on April 7 and I am getting very anxious about whether or not it will work for me and if I have the fortitude to not eat a lot during bandster hell. I obsess about food and if I could experience not thinking about food all the time, I would be the happiest person in the world!

Hi Froggie D: Aunt Suzie here... there are THOUSANDS of LapBandsters on this resourceful website who can validate every emotion and angst you might be having, and that's a large part of the reason you (and we all) are here... there's strength in numbers!:wub:

I used to email my husband at his job at 9:30 a.m. and ask him what he wanted for dinner?... we'd sometimes go out occasionally with other couples to get pizza for dinner: I'd eat three slices and STILL not feel full... did WW more times than I can count, had a personal trainer, had a nutritionist, I've got a very physically demanding job... I did every thing modern medical conventional medicine tells you to do, but I got heavier and heavier... I n-e-v-e-r, and I mean NEVER felt full pre-LapBanding.... never. Felt like I was always "at war" with my body and it's seemingly never-ending appetite.:laugh:

LapBanding was my last hope!... and quite frankly, whilst I 101% TOTALLY understand your angst, I, personally, (and again, everyone's experience is different), on the morning of my surgery, felt a great sense of calm and Zen, like, I worked HARD to get to this point: my last tool of weight loss success was awaiting me... it's like that old saying "If you want to cross the bridge, you have to pay the toll...." and having LapBanding Surgery was the toll I had to pay to FINALLY have the tool to a healthy and permanent weight loss... :smile2:

You ABSOLUTELY can expect-the-unexpected... KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE Froggie D! :tongue2: There are over 20 decades of documented guidelines and pointers available to make it do-able FOR LIFE. RRRRRReallyREALLY glad we have a comfy recliner chair at home, because I, personally, could NOT sleep in our bed post-surgery... incisions oooooooouched: since I'm a "side sleeper", it was impossible to sleep in bed... but after that first week of sleeping in the recliner, I returned to bed and slept just fine... and here I am, 18-months-post-surgery: my husband tells everyone that I'm "the cheapest date in town..." (ha!!!), because if we have enough $$$ to go out to dinner somewhere, I'll have a cup of Soup, plus an appetizer, and I'm sssssssso STUFFED!, and my tastebuds are happy too!

If your doctor hasn't already told you, you will learn from here (especially from me!) that it reallyREALLY IS TRUE that "it takes a full year for you and your LapBanding to get acquainted with each other"... this tool will work for you if you give it the time... EYE ON THE PRIZE!! :thumbup: Keep me in-the-loop and if I can assist you at all, I absolutely will!

TAKE A DEEP BREATH and think good thoughts!

Wishing you the bestest,

Aunt Suzie

p.s.: I'm so NOT AT ALL "TECHIE", so I hope I posted/responded correctly to you!

Aunt Susie you are an inspiration to me! I am being banded on April 7 and I am getting very anxious about whether or not it will work for me and if I have the fortitude to not eat a lot during bandster hell. I obsess about food and if I could experience not thinking about food all the time, I would be the happiest person in the world!

Hi Froggie D: Aunt Suzie here... there are THOUSANDS of LapBandsters on this resourceful website who can validate every emotion and angst you might be having, and that's a large part of the reason you (and we all) are here... there's strength in numbers!:scared2:

I used to email my husband at his job at 9:30 a.m. and ask him what he wanted for dinner?... we'd sometimes go out occasionally with other couples to get pizza for dinner: I'd eat three slices and STILL not feel full... did WW more times than I can count, had a personal trainer, had a nutritionist, I've got a very physically demanding job... I did every thing modern medical conventional medicine tells you to do, but I got heavier and heavier... I n-e-v-e-r, and I mean NEVER felt full pre-LapBanding.... never. Felt like I was always "at war" with my body and it's seemingly never-ending appetite.:w00t:

LapBanding was my last hope!... and quite frankly, whilst I 101% TOTALLY understand your angst, I, personally, (and again, everyone's experience is different), on the morning of my surgery, felt a great sense of calm and Zen, like, I worked HARD to get to this point: my last tool of weight loss success was awaiting me... it's like that old saying "If you want to cross the bridge, you have to pay the toll...." and having LapBanding Surgery was the toll I had to pay to FINALLY have the tool to a healthy and permanent weight loss... :cool2:

You ABSOLUTELY can expect-the-unexpected... KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE Froggie D! :thumbup: There are over 20 decades of documented guidelines and pointers available to make it do-able FOR LIFE. RRRRRReallyREALLY glad we have a comfy recliner chair at home, because I, personally, could NOT sleep in our bed post-surgery... incisions oooooooouched: since I'm a "side sleeper", it was impossible to sleep in bed... but after that first week of sleeping in the recliner, I returned to bed and slept just fine... and here I am, 18-months-post-surgery: my husband tells everyone that I'm "the cheapest date in town..." (ha!!!), because if we have enough $$$ to go out to dinner somewhere, I'll have a cup of Soup, plus an appetizer, and I'm sssssssso STUFFED!, and my tastebuds are happy too!

If your doctor hasn't already told you, you will learn from here (especially from me!) that it reallyREALLY IS TRUE that "it takes a full year for you and your LapBanding to get acquainted with each other"... this tool will work for you if you give it the time... EYE ON THE PRIZE!! :cool2: Keep me in-the-loop and if I can assist you at all, I absolutely will!

TAKE A DEEP BREATH and think good thoughts!

Wishing you the bestest,

Aunt Suzie

p.s.: I'm so NOT AT ALL "TECHIE", so I hope I posted/responded correctly to you!

Wow, thanks for the wonderful post. I have been working for a year and half to get to this point. I get banded April 7. I have been fat for 48 years, starting at age 10 and I wish I had had this option years ago.

I do not have a preop diet, except for liquids two days before, so I have started dieting a month out. I am worried about my liver being too big and I was eating terrible before, including candy and ice cream nearly daily.

I am eating two Protein shakes, breakfast and lunch, and eating lean meat and veggies at dinner. I just can't stick with 3 oz and 1/2 cup, but my extras are cauliflower, cucumbers, yellow squash, avocado, and chicken breast and shrimp. I have lost 10 pounds so far. I have stopped drinking diet pop, am drinking at least 60 oz of Water a day.

I have not gotten myself to get out and walk yet, I am not eating slowly, I am not chewing enough, so many things to work on. I feel guilty because I have not done it all yet. I am afraid I will fail.

I want to succeed and I think I can do it, but I have failed at losing weight for 40+ years, so it is hard to believe things will be different this time. Funny, though, I have succeeded at most everything else in my life - two grown, happy children, a pretty good marriage, a college degree and two advanced degrees, a good job, a wonderful grandaughter. So why does my weight make me feel like such a failure?

Sorry I am so long winded, but it really reacted to your post. You seemed to understand. Thanks again! I would love to continue to talk with you. I would like to know about your surgery experience, your time up to your first fill, how many fills, etc.

Froggie D:rolleyes2: