Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saline Removal on Request

Guest BigFatLoser

Guest BigFatLoser

Has anyone here had their saline removed by their request? Will a surgeon generally do it if asked? I am losing weight well, but am sick of my band. I would rather have it removed, but doubt they would do it.

BFL

I heard they take all your fill out before putting a new fill in (or at least that's what they are supposed to do ) so I would think you could easily get an unfill. Also, they unfill you if you get pregnant I've heard. Why are you sick of your band?

Yep, all ya gotta do is ask. I'm sorry you are sick of your band. Tell us more! I'm interested in knowing, really!

You may have to be prepared to tell your doc all the scoop on why...but I can't imagine why your doc wouldn't oblige.

Yes do tell! Curious minds want to know why are you sick of your band? How much weight have you lost and how long have you had your band? This is the first I've heard of anyone WANTING their band removed - please give us your insight :)

Yup, from what I've heard they'll do it if asked.

I too, am curious to know all the details of your band. When you were banded, how you've done and why you're sick of it?

If we're not being too nosey hehe :)

I am losing weight well, but am sick of my band.

I'm condused ..you are losing weight well with your band right and because you have saline in it right?

Well, seems to me the band is doing it's job..once you have thesalineremoved you may find you are not losing weight. I had my band unfilled for 2 months and believe me when I tel lyou, it's a whole different world with no saline..thank god it is only unfilled for 2 months or I could of been in some serious trouble with weight gain. If you do not want your band any longer, do not get it removed, get it unfilled, then see how you do, that is the great thing aboutthe band, if you start to gain you can always get it filled again...a question though...why are you sick of your band if it is working for you? How much fill do you have? Have you considered getting a partial unfill?

OK BFL, you've got your answer--of course the doctor will remove your saline if you want them to. We're all curious as to why you're "sick" of your band, though. Or maybe it was a momentary emotion? I'm sure we can all relate to that.

Please come back and share more information. We're very interested!

Maybe you just need a tiny unfill to give you more comfort with your band. As a supportive thought, I hope you will consider a slight unfill as opposed to a completely empty band.

It sounds like you just need a little break from the band, I wish you well.

I'm kinda mad at you for wanting your fill removed, to be honest. My anger has NOTHING to do with you, actually...but everything to do with the fact that it's hard for me to lose weight- even with the band...so anyone who is actually losing and doesn't want to...well, kinda ticks me off.

So, fill us in, for pete's sake!

Megan

Guest BigFatLoser

Or maybe it was a momentary emotion? I'm sure we can all relate to that.

I'm sorry to pull the board down with this. I think Alexandra hit it on the head, yesterday was a horrible day for me emotionally and I could no longer turn to my old friend food, the one who even though she always did me wrong I always turned to.

Thanks for the support, all I can do at this point is start with a clean slate today and try to have a better day w/o *trying* to eat my problems away.

I'm sure you all know the frustration (all you emotional eaters anyways).

Thanks for the support, she (the band) and I are getting along better today.

Yes, it can get very fustrating. Im always fighting with my band.. but overall its best thing for me and I know that. You will have bad days we all do but thank God for the band and it being there to help us not turn to food even when we think that will make everything better. Im glad to hear you and your band are getting along better today :)

We certainly CAN all relate to the frustration of being forced to eat less when we want to eat more, no question. It's probably the single hardest thing about banding.

Coming here and posting about the emotions can help, and there are lots of other tricks people use to get through those hard times. Good luck, and we're all here for you!

I'm kinda mad at you for wanting your fill removed, to be honest. My anger has NOTHING to do with you, actually...but everything to do with the fact that it's hard for me to lose weight- even with the band...so anyone who is actually losing and doesn't want to...well, kinda ticks me off.

So, fill us in, for pete's sake!

Megan

Megan , Girlfriend u just crack me up! I love your energy and you ain't done to shabby yourself with the weightloss! Way to go girl.