Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay Crystal--Start TODAY?!

After 1 week, I'm actually up a pound, but I think it's muscle from the Krav Maga classes. We'll see what happens after this week. :)

To be EXPECTED!! Please! Give it 3-4 weeks. Your body WILL put on muscle--and likely RETAIN FLUIDS when first starting or upping exercise. Really. Please Tricia, don't get discouraged about it. You have to take the overall LOSS in a month--not what happens the first week.

Crystal--that's just downright MEAN! Why didn't someone put a sign or something on the scales? Personally, I think it's grounds for a "pain & suffering" lawsuit! :)

As for me... I've been getting used to severe restriction this week and cosumed way more liquid calories than usual (because they go down!), it's really a whole new thing for me. With all the stuff going on w/ my dad I didn't work out anymore than walking the dog minimally each night (prolly 1/2 hour) and--as I suspected!--this behavior has me UP 5#!!!

But am I stressed? Nooooo....well, not as much about the pounds as about my dad recouperating, my brother extending his honeymoon (leaving me w/ the business), and my 17-year-old son DRIVING TO SANTA CRUZ to visit his big brother and GETTING IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN OAKLAND ON SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!! (Yes, both boys are okay--however I'm about to throttle them...the car is in a tow yard outside of Oakland & I just had to pay for a plane ticket home to get Arthur back to school and Lord only knows when the car will be fixed and how the hell we'll get it back to SoCal...)

Omilord. Added pounds are the least of my worries right now!

(Sorry for the RANT. Do I ever EMPATHIZE w/ parents of teens everywhere!!)

Oh, I'm not discouraged....just making an observation. I was expecting that I might gain a few muscle pounds with this new workout.

I'm happy to hear that both of your boys are ok but I'm sorry that you're going through such a rough time right now. Remember, it always gets worse before it gets better. Keep your chin up!!!

Crystal - I agree with Kare. How dare they not warn people in advance. Poor thing...what a let down.

Oh Kare, I'm sooo sorry to hear about your boy-ohs! That must have been beyond hard. You poor thing, your family is really putting you through the wringer lately! You need to schedule something nice for yourself, like a facial or a pedicure or a facial and a pedicure.

Okay, it's Thursday, and I've gotten in an hour Monday, 45 minutes hour on Tuesday (we didn't dance much in my dance class, what with our "cultural" presentations) and an hour yesterday. I took the extra long way home after math class. I was ever so happy that I had my long silk undies on, as well as my way too big winter coat. It was coooold last night.

Other than the 2 hours of bowling on Tuesday night, I haven't really completed a full hour of aerobic exercise any other day this week. Tonight I have 1 hour of Krav Maga, which will total 3. I still have a few days left in the week and need some encouragement.

I have a feeling that my lack of motivation stems from the fact that even after having my 1st fill on 11-3, I hadn't lost any weight. Instead, I went up a pound. Well, I went in for a 2nd fill on Tuesday, the 15th, and now I feel restriction. I have even lost 2 lbs. since Tuesday, so now I'm at 248.

Okay, I didn't get in any aerobic excersize tht I would care to list in public because I flew home on Thursday. (boy were my arms tired. :))

Friday and Saturday I got plenty of excersize between walking and yard work. We have a big backyard and big broad leaf maples. We also have lots of rain, so a yard full of soggy leaves takes several days to rake. :) Today I ended up with 5 large piles, each big enough to hide one of us under... DH asked boy-oh what has gotten into me...

wow, we are down two weeks into this challenge Kare! Yesterday I walked and danced for myself.

I'm up 5 pounds, so I'm back where I was in July. My body fat percentage meter is back in ID, so I don't know if I've put on muscle or gained back fat.

I don't know what the heck is going on with me because, last Friday, I was down 5 lbs. from having my fill the Tuesday prior. But, now I'm back up 4 lbs. I don't get it. Below are my daily calorie totals from Friday until yesterday. I just don't understand why I'm back up 4 lbs. UGH! frown.gif

Friday 11/18 - 1027

Saturday 11/19 - 1096

Sunday 11/20 - 822

Monday 11/21 - 683

Any ideas/suggestions??

Well....... if you guys are up it's probably MY FAULT because the stars are obviously aligned against me this month!!

I just won't even go into what a disaster November has been for me. I'm just firmly holding on to my belief that for every yin there's a yang and good intentions and hard work will win the day in the end!! Please keep the faith and don't give up! The bastian of fat cells WILL surrender eventually. Don't forget how EFFICIENT our bodies' are at gaining and keeping weight. Those fat cells have their own strategies. They're just trying to psych you out to give up exercise and EAT EAT EAT!

DON'T DO IT! PERSEVERE!

And

wait for the cosmos to realign. Because ultimately hope wins out.

Anyway... I hope so.

Well, I'm home again, home again, jigatiy jig. I didn't post regular updates because I wasn't home and couldn't get my laptop to store my password to LBT and it was a major hastle.

Okay, walked everyday I was home, except yesterday because we drove up to visit my family, and a long trip that is. I raked leaves and did yard work and cleaned up dog bombs ... Lots of work, no weight lost. However, I seem to have shrunk a couple of inches because now all my pants drag on the ground. So apperently, excersize, walking and raking leaves and yard work and cleaning up dog bombs makes one inches shorter. :)

Today I wasn't really expecting to get in any excersize, being a travel day (spent 4 hours waiting for my flight that ended up being canceled... ) but I wound up shoveling snow and digging out a car, so undoubtably that is going to have a negative effect on my height too. :)

I didn't get much exercise this week but I also noticed that my pants are fitting much looser than they were last week. :)

Tomorrow is the start of another week. It's time for me to get cracking!! Woo hoo!!

Don't catch cold! A scarf... gosh, doncha have earmuffs and a HOOD?

17 degrees, are you kidding me? I was chatterin when I jumped on the elliptical this morning at 61 degrees!

Nope, no ear muffs or hood, but I do have a very nice wool hat that I spun "in the grease" which means that when I spun the yarn I didn't wash all the lanolin out of the fleese when I worked with it.

I find my ears stay toasty warm with my head phones on, given the amount of hair I have :D

Yup, it has been cold here! We got another inch of snow last night too. The sidewalks are very tretcherous with all the ice.

Yesterday I walked for an hour in that weather, plus I danced for about 20 minutes. It was snowing plus there was blowing snow too! BRRRRR! So, are you keeping your elipical outside or was that the room temp? 61 degrees says it's time to turn up the heat.