Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay Crystal--Start TODAY?!

So, starting today right?

Everyone know about the Crystal/Kare Turtle challenge?

Anyone else wanna join?

The challenge is MINIMUM 1 hour of AEROBIC workout--5 days per week (minimum) for 4 weeks and keeping under 1200. (Right, Vines?)

My dad goes in for cardiac surgery tomorrow. I think I'm going to need the inspiration of ya'll this week and I'm gonna need something to think about and log in for. There's nothing so encouraging as sharing our inspiration & success.

Wow... I love the idea of joining an exercise challenge, but I think I'd have a coronary if I tried to do an hour of aerobic activity five days a week. I have a very expensive elliptical machine collecting dust upstairs that I've been meaning to break in for about a year now... :)

My goal is to do 30 minutes on the elliptical 4 days this week. That'll be more exercise than this body has seen in a loooong time. I'm not a turtle and I don't meet your criteria, but I'm going to pretend I do and challenge myself anyways. :)

Good luck breaking your plateau Crystal!!

I'll join this challenge. I'm already bowling 1 night a week for 2 1/2 hrs. as well as taking a Krav Maga class 1 night a week for 1 hour. I'm sure I can add 3 more days of aerobics into my schedule. I'm already under 1200 calories per day so that won't be a problem.

Are we tracking our progress somewhere/somehow?

o0o good luck ladies!! I'm not quite ready to join this one, as my lil girl is leaving me next Monday to go to the states for a month. I'm a big ball of stress (or so my chiro says) at the moment LOL. Going to spend this week spoiling her rotten so that when I hand her over to the grandparents, they'll know what it feels like *grin*

But after she's gone, I fully intend to get to the gym more, as I've been slack the past two weeks. So save me a space, please :)

Right Kare <3 Bear. I started today. I ended up walking 2 sets of 40 minute walkies.

I am not counting calories Kare. I can't. I make myself insane when I count calories. (an once of nuts has about 170 calories (depending on the nut) and is about 28 nuts. I had 1/2 ounce of nuts for Breakfast with 1 tablespoon of dried fruit for Breakfast, which is about 25 calories. I had a cup of tea, with 2 oz of milk, for an extra 33 calories. See, it makes me nuts...)

Oh, and the week where I went wild with my food and ate 1600 calories one day... that's the week I actually lost 4 pounds.

Ok, I just returned home from a 2 mile walk and will be going bowling tonight for 2 1/2 hours (minimum)....I'm doing ok for the week. :)

Right Kare <3 Bear. I started today. I ended up walking 2 sets of 40 minute walkies.

I am not counting calories Kare. I can't. I make myself insane when I count calories.

Well, I agree. I don't count calories on a daily basis. Certainly I've done it enough to know my range tho. Every now and then I sit down and add up a day just to see where I am. I tend to eat pretty boring so it's easy to remember the cal count of the same things.

Just try to stay in a range. It's good to check yourself now and then, but you know my biggest motto is, DO WHAT WORKS--for YOU.

The thing about exercising for me on a 5 day (minimum) basis is that I so often find once I start that I go longer than the time I intended. The hardest part always is getting out the door. Oh--and I absolutely walk longer and faster when I have music so I do suggest you use your walkman, or Ipod, or whatever.

But, don't sweat the calories. Stay reasonable. Stay sane. I don't think the world is ready for an insane Vinesqueen.

Okay, I won't sweat the calories, but I sure do sweat the dance! In a good way of course! Dancing and walking. And not freaking out about calories

Agreed, a mentally unstable Vinesqueen would just not be a good thing... not good at all.

Okay, 1/2 hour on Wednesday, and an hour yesterday. I was going to hit the gym after work today, but lunch ended up being a major dry-heave session, I'm not sure that I'll feel up to working out this evening.

Stupid turkey mole.

Here's my tally for the week:

Tuesday 11/8

2 mile walk - 40 minutes

Bowling - 2 1/2 hours

Thursday 11/10

Krav Maga - 1 hour

I have a little less than 1 hour to complete for the week.

I'm also trying to stay under 1000 calories per day. I just joined fitday.com today. Here's the link for my stats.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Tricia+K%2E

Okay, 1/2 hour on Wednesday, and an hour yesterday. I was going to hit the gym after work today, but lunch ended up being a major dry-heave session, I'm not sure that I'll feel up to working out this evening.

Stupid turkey mole.

Well, as you know, I had my first fill on Monday. *Whew* so THIS is what REEEESTRICTION is! How do you dry heave w/ all that slime? This sliming stuf is BIZzare! My barf bowl lives on my passenger seat now.

Dr O gave me 2cc's right off the bat. I think I would have been happy w/ 1.5, but there's no doubt I'll lose faster w/ this.

You know walking counts Crystal. And it seems to be good for PBing. Walking is my main exercise. I guess I should get myself out to the gym just for a little variety.

Anyway, I'm sorry about your "session." Those are a bitch. Are your eyes all red?

No, no red eyes, but definately feeling flushed. I don't have any idea how I dry heave with slimes, but slimes aren't retching and heaves are wretched. I rarely do this, but when I do, man is it a doosey.

I'll only get in about 1/2 hour walking.

First week down. Yesterday I was at the gym and when I stepped on the scales I was down 10 whole freaking pounds! I was so elated! Woot! 10 freaking pounds! Then of course, I realized that was WAY too good to be true so I asked someone about the scales...

They are broken. Everyone one weighs 10-15 pounds less on that set. I was crushed.

Just more proof that the scales lie!

After 1 week, I'm actually up a pound, but I think it's muscle from the Krav Maga classes. We'll see what happens after this week. :)