Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OFF THE TOPIC.....Any Avid Readers out there..???

I am a avid reader and wondered if anyone here had read my favorite series (Author)

The Crosstitch /Outlander series ....

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/diana-gabaldon/

Its tha absolute BEST ..

I have just finished re reading it before I read the latest book Echo in The Bone.....

My next Favorite Author and series is..

Sara Donati`s

The Wilderness series ..

http://www.saralaughs.com/

I am going to re read the complete series before I read her new book in the collection ...The Endless Forest....

I am off to my sons to have a BBQ (or not to have a BBQ but thats what everyone else will be doing ) I will play with my 2 grand-daughters and eat yogurt..:frown:

Have a great weekend all..............:frown:

Edited by Majj

Yes am a big fan of her books as well.....it's called the "Outlander" series here in the US. I have been in love with Jamie and Claire for years! It's a guilty pleasure...boarder-lining on "cultish" I'm afraid....

Cindy if you love the Outlander you will Love

Sara Donati`s Into The Wilderness series ...very much the same style ................

I too am in Love with Jamie...have you read the last book ??? So many Cliff hangers I hate to think of waiting years for the next one.... :frown:

I read quite a bit. It relaxes my mind and takes me to another place. I like romance novels the best.

Well both those series have PLENTY of ROMANCE and adventure , you won`t be able to put them down.....

Visited my Grandkids Yesterday.......

Had a wonderful Day everyone enjoyed the BBQ and I enjoyed my Yogart and playing with the girls....

Madelyn...

Maddy.jpg

Genevieve..

JaJa.jpg

and both of them with their neighbour friend Roselee...

photo1-1.jpg

Theyare growing up fast.....

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend ...

I am off to play with my fids (Feathered Kids) this Sunday afternoon....

You have beautiful grandchildren!

Majj - they are adorable. Enjoy them and now you will be very healthy to run after them too.

Joyce in KC

Thankyou , yes they are very cute girls and I will love to be able to do more with them as the weight comes off...

Bed time here our weekend is over , just having a quick look before I head off to catch some Zzzzzzzz`s....

Enjoy your Sunday ...

Marion

I am glad I found this thread. I love to read and I will have to check these authors out. I read each night before I go to bed and all summer long while school is out. I read Deveraux, Lindsey, Garwood, and I love the Janet Evanovich: Stephanie Plum series. I have also read all of Charlaine Harris' books. I have ebooks on my little pda and I love to read in bed. :thumbup:

I love to read. I HAVE to read. I read everything and anything. I actually get paid to red (it's part of my job to stay up to date with certain material - and then to write about it - another of my passions).

I love to escape into the Disc World. I personally think that Terry Pratchett should run for World Peace Ambassador. I think I have read everything he has ever written. Sadly the Dark Lord of Sardonic Wit now has Alzheimers and may not be producing many more tomes so I treasure every copy I have - you can never get secondhand copies cos everyone reads and re-reads his books. They are fabulous.

I also love the Alexander McCall-Smith books about Precious Ramotswe and the Ladies No.1 Detective Agency. They are deceptively simple stories and aboslutely charming. Delightful.

But to be honest, if I have nothing else to read I will read the back of Cereal packets, junk mail, even freebie local newspapers. I read, therefore I am.

I remember loving the "Berek Halfhand" character and lots of sci-fi when I was a teenager.

I loved Wilbur Smith when I lived in Africa.

These days I mostly read technical stuff, but I love my Pratchett. Is he popular across the pond?

Hi there ladies. My name is Michele. I too and a huge Gabaldon Fan. Have been for about six years. I've lots of friends who have read the Dante books and have enjoyed them as well. Romance is the best! I'm actually a member of the RWA, Romance Writers of America and have attended two conferences with many of the best writers in the genre. I have on completed manuscript and am working on my second at the moment. It's great to meet you all. I'm super new to all of this. Just had my surgery last Monday and am doing fab. Maybe you all can help me navigate around here. It's soooo big. I hope I'm doing some of this posting stuff correctly. LOL