Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried about my big thighs pre-surgery...

I have not been banded yet.

I have my psych consult next Tuesday and then all is done and I have to wait 60-70 days for insurance to approve.

I have really big thighs even had them before I became so obese.

My thighs are the size of some peoples waists, 31-32 inches each.

I'm already worried that once I reach goal I will still not be able to wear jeans because then my thighs will be smaller I know but flabby and looking like a wrinkled Shar-pei.

Is there anyone else that has been banded and had humongous thighs? What were your results after hitting goal?

I know I'll never be a swimsuit model but....:frown:

Short of a surgical thigh lift and becoming a marathoner can anyone give me some insight on results after weight loss.

Hi

I think like, the rest of us, you will just have to wait and see what happens.

Make sure your food contains a good mix of Vitamins and Protein for your body to use to repair the damage done whilst overweight and see what happens when you get to where you want to be weight-wise.

Deal with the walking before you start planning the running...

Good luck

Edited by jalomum
Grammar!!

I've heard a good pair of Spanx does help a bit to keep the skin in order while it's shrinking. Unfortunately there isn't a cure-all for it and you may have to treat yourself to some plastics afterward. On the upside, the people I know who've had tummy lifts did get a bit of the thigh problem taken care of merely by doing the panni.

I have the biggest thighs I have ever seen :wink2: I have lost 65 lbs but my legs are the same size

Don't worry, you will be in jeans. I am the queen of thunder thighs! Over the past 20 years I have yo-yo'd up and down and in my down times, my legs slimmed down too. After menopause kicked in, I am at my all time highest weight now though, and also because of my age, I am worried about excess skin --- but believe me, anything has to be better than this. My legs were never perfect, but they were nice! I am hoping to see them again over the next couple years. My surgery date is April 27th but I have started to watch what I am eating now, before my 2 wk pre-surgery diet starts.:thumbup:

I genetically have a larger frame. So my thighs will always be bigger than other's. My real problem is extra skin.

I was bending forward doing some cleaning the other day and was rudely said hello to by the enormous amount of extra skin on my thighs... I knew it was there, but had only seen it in the standing position. It is hideous in this new position I have found.

Still, anything is better than still having the fat that used to be underneath it.

I have decided to consider my extra skin my battle wounds from the last 30 years of dieting. Someday I will be able to afford to remake my skin through plastics, but until then I am going to learn to love what I have.

By the way... on surgery day I was in a 30/32, tight. I am now in a 12, loose. Jeans fit fine, and clothes do wonders for hiding the extra skin.

I, like you, will just have to wait and see what is in store for my ginormous thighs... when I did my measurements before starting my pre-op diet, each of my thighs were 34 inches! I plan on using lots of lotion, Vitamins, spandex, and exercise... But "thunder thighs" run in my family; even in the super-skinny people.

I empathize with your anxieties, but would like to gently suggest that you take things one step at a time.

Your loss will reduce the size of your thighs; it's impossible to say what the end result will be, other than that you will weigh lots less and be healthier.

You can tackle the jeans issue as it arises--there are so many ways to conquer the problem. Many companies offer reasonably priced custom jeans, and you can never underestimate the value of a great pair of Spanx.

Good luck! You're doing something wonderful for your body--thighs and all.

I empathize with your anxieties, but would like to gently suggest that you take things one step at a time.

Your loss will reduce the size of your thighs; it's impossible to say what the end result will be, other than that you will weigh lots less and be healthier.

You can tackle the jeans issue as it arises--there are so many ways to conquer the problem. Many companies offer reasonably priced custom jeans, and you can never underestimate the value of a great pair of Spanx.

Good luck! You're doing something wonderful for your body--thighs and all.

BestyB always has such kind and insightful things to say... thank you for contributing!!!!

Just wanted to say thanx for the responses.

I have visitors from out of town so I have not had a chance to get back online but I have been reading the responses.

I know it is a wait and see thing but I am just anxious and ready to get rid of the thunder thighs. :scared2:

Thanx again everyone.

PS: I hate when someone starts a thread and then you never hear from them again.

Edited by msdv

I have hugh thighs was banded 12/08.my thighs are smaller yet bigger than i want them.i was in a size 16 now in a 10 goal an 8.i havent measured my hugh thighs b/c i hate them so.to me i look like the backmof a hippopotomus a$$ by the thighs and butt. But!!!!!!i'm working on them daily my goal is to do 10-miles a on the machines in the gym.this is my 3rd week. Daily i feel the soreness and tiredness in my legs and thighs so eventually something has to happen