Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't see to get band fill right!

I have had the band since June 09 and have had a lot of issues finding my sweet spot. At one point I had 8cc in a 10cc band and it felt ok on day 1-3 but then kept feeling tighter. I had to go back and get the 1/2cc she put in removed. I was fine with that for another few weeks then got supper tight again. Another 1cc was removed by my doctors partner which I thought was too much to take out.

Well needless to say I was wide open then and feeling like I could eat anything. Weird how 1cc can do that. I waited about 3 weeks then went in for 1/2cc fill. I was tight but ok with this for about a week and now I am so tight I can't keep anything down and have terrible back pain. The doc took out 1/4 of a cc today and I feel a little better.

Why is my band so fickle? I am either too loose or too tight with now in between. :frown: I know things change with your body monthly but it is frustrating. I have been on a weight plateu for 3 months and want to get the weight off. Anyone else riding the fill rollercoaster?

Jenny:confused:

Jenny,

I know how you feel. Maybe our band came from the same batch! LOL I got my band March 09 and I have had to have two total unfills because my band gets irritated when I get close to my sweet spot. I was at 5.5cc's and could eat anything and everything but bread and pork. At 6cc's I had to get unfilled because of irritation. My doctor has gone as far as taking and putting in as little as .10cc (yes, a tenth) then taking out half of a tenth.I go through what I call the every other day syndrome...it's where I'm fine one day and the next I can't keep down anything but Water. Good luck and hope things get better with you and your band!

I think we did get the same batch! LOL My doctor seems to think my stomach/ band is ultra sensative to soduim, stress, hormones (the list goes on and on). I hope I get this dialed in so I can enjoy life and have the band be the tool I know it can be (without causing pain & discomfort). I know a few of my friends are questioning me if I still think it is worth it and I say to them YES! I could have never lost 55 pounds and maintained it on my own. I have 30 more to go and I hope to be there by the end of summer or early fall. Good luck to you too.

Jenny:thumbup:

Mine is fickle to stress and hormones too! I had acid reflux so bad with this last episode that on day 2 after being completely unfilled, I still had burning in my throat from it being so raw from vomiting. I had xrays and the band is still in perfect position, just too tight and irritated. I have lost 70lbs and I want to lose about 30 more and I am so glad that I have my lapband too! If - had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat!

Yes! I have been struggling with this same issue for a while now. If I get tight enough that I feel good restriction, I get terrible, terrible acid reflux. I will even cough all night these acid coughs. It's really frustrating. When I get a little taken out the acid reflux goes away but then I am wide open and eat too much. Very Frustrating. I am going this Friday for a much needed fill but am very afraid that the horrible acid will return. Up til now my dr has had this attitude of, "well, this is it. deal with it".I am ticked off to say the least. I've lost 110 lbs but have another 100 lbs to go.

i feel the same way, seems that as soon as i have good restriction so i dont feel the need to eat the house, i end up getting sick and getting reflux from everything..i am hoping that being on liquids for a few days will allow the irritation to settle. i swear i am my worst enemy lol