Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems after first fill :(

Just curious how did your fill feel after you had it done. Did you feel tight? Did you Doctor give you more of a fill under fluro? I get mine next Monday and I wasn't sure if they give you a little more of a fill under fluro. I have to leave town about 5 hour after so I'm hoping I'll do o.k.

Hi Becky,

I felt fine after my first fill..and it was great not to feel hungry all the time. This feeling lasted for only two weeks though..then I felt like I was too loose again. but I certainly have an idea how it feels to be near the "sweet spot"...After the surgery did you feel restricted..because of the swelling???

Its the second fill I got that was too much and I really think it was the fact that I hadnt ate all day..and he had me drink Water ..and kept adjusting till two swallows would go down good...which it did. It was the next day that I started feeling too tight and at first just thought it was swelling..then after four days..and it was getting worse I called and he had me come in on that Saturday too unfill a bit and took out some...what I meant by knowing I was too tight...is that Water even hurt when it was going down and could barely get it down ..just with little sips....food was even worse...I ate small bites..of mushies..having to wait a long time between bites...it was worse in the morning and evenings than at noon for some reason for me...

I feel super now and have lost a couple of pounds this month already but feel like he might of taken too much out now. I am hoping to be filled comfortabally...and be restricted enough to be able to lose 1-2 lbs every week..this has been sooooooooo slow...but its been steady...I guess which is better than I can say Ive done on dieting anyother time without the band...

After the scare though, I wanted to stay with this amount till I wasnt so sore..I plan on going back about the middle of April to get another fill..but not sure I want to ever have the amount that I had before...somewhere in between seems to be where I need to be...

Im not sure what you mean fill under fluro??? Is this your first fill you are going to have? I wouldnt worry too much about getting overfilled... Im sure he will have you drink water to see what you can tolerate and still have good liquid flow...Hope this helps!

POPPYRed

I had my first fill on Wednesday this week. Yesterday when I was taking my morning med it got stuck and bad. Four hours of pain before i think it went down and I've been miserable since. I can hardly get down Water. I hear girggling and feels like things are backing up. I'm sure I irritated the area but was a little over 2cc too much for a first fill on a 10cc band?

I was going to call this morning but I am pretty sure they will say just stick to clear liquid till the swelling goes down. Anyway, was wondering if any of you had this after and how long did it take to get used to that first fill.

Hi,

I had 4cc my first fill and felt fine..but everyone is so different...you may be too tight... I was told swelling shouldnt last more than a few days...I waited almost four and knew something was wrong after the second fill. I would definitely meantion the backing up..feeling. The backing up....I didnt have that...the nurse told me you dont want to be too tight as that is what causes slippage...and she asked me if it hurt worse if I laid down..it didnt...so they didnt Xray for slippage.

I know the nurse told me if you didnt eat for at least four hours before a fill that you get a "better" fill ..meaning tighter..more restrictive..but I honestly think me waiting 8 hours before getting filled caused me to be overfilled. I plan on eating a light lunch next time before my fill and I think it will be fine..

Dont be afraid to call your doctor..that is why he is there..to take care of you..good luck and let me know what happens..

POPPYRED