Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded around 10-14-09?

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who was banded at the same time I was. How are you doing? How has your loss been? How much do you have in your band?

I was 10/20. I have lost 41 pounds and 24 to go! I have been singing the blues for a 10 day plateau, but I guess I am just being a crybaby since I can't bully my body into doing what I want. I started working out 3 weeks ago and I don't think I have been getting enough calories so I have committed to getting more, today is my 3rd day of trying to get 950-1000 net calories. My band was 5.1 but I was too tight and I had .3 removed so I am 4.8 in a 10 band. How are you doing?

I am doing pretty good. I am at 6.25cc in a 9cc band. I have lost 42.6 lbs and have 48.4 to go. I average around 1000 a day, more on some less on others. My eating has not been great lately, no enough Protein. So I am working on that. Glad you are doing so great and you are so close to goal!

Hi there, banded on 10/21/09. Lost 17 pre-op, almost 40 post-op with 25 to go until goal.

I have 4.2 ccs in a 14 cc band. Doc says I'm restricted--in the mornings I believe him. At lunch and dinner time, I beg to differ, as I am still starving after 6 to 8 ounces. I can't complain about the weight loss, but most days I am pulling my own weight (no pun intended) in my efforts.

Last week I was very optimistic about my restriction level, this week not so much. It truly isn't head hunger either. Wondering what to do. I just ate lunch from 3 to 4 pm and here it is 5:15 and I just had to have a cheese stick.

Congrats to both of you on your great weight loss, ladies!!!

I use 3 things to get my Protein in,

1) Greek yogurt from Sam's Club called Chobani, has fruit and tastes good, 140 cal, 14g Protein.< /p>

2) EAS carb advantEDGE Protein Drink, tastes OK, 110 cal, 17g protein.

3) unjury chicken Soup flavor powder, mix with 1 cup of Water, tastes like chicken broth, 90 cal, 21g protein.

Julliansmom, I don't care how tight I am, I have to have a snack in the afternoon, period. But I can use one of the above and not hurt my plan. Some people cant go 6 hours without eating (me) I ate lunch around 2:30 today and I just had a yogurt.

I use 3 things to get my Protein in,

1) Greek yogurt from Sam's Club called Chobani, has fruit and tastes good, 140 cal, 14g Protein.< /p>

2) EAS carb advantEDGE Protein Drink, tastes OK, 110 cal, 17g protein.

3) unjury chicken Soup flavor powder, mix with 1 cup of Water, tastes like chicken broth, 90 cal, 21g protein.

Julliansmom, I don't care how tight I am, I have to have a snack in the afternoon, period. But I can use one of the above and not hurt my plan. Some people cant go 6 hours without eating (me) I ate lunch around 2:30 today and I just had a yogurt.

Thanks, Leigha. I'm just so frustrated right now because I'm getting in 90-100 grams of protein every day and still dealing with hunger. It's the worst. I just was so upset that I needed to eat a freaking cheese stick an hour after I had eaten a bowl of chili. Thank God I'm already 64 ounces of Water in today :-(

juliansmom, you are doing awesome! I am feeling kinda bad right now about all the crappy food choices I make sometimes, you guys are kicking my butt in weight loss! I do really well with my Water intake (over 100oz a day) I normally get around 40 grams of Protein in too. I just eat what I want though, not really treating this like a diet. Maybe that is why I am losing a little slower...

juliansmom, you are doing awesome! I am feeling kinda bad right now about all the crappy food choices I make sometimes, you guys are kicking my butt in weight loss! I do really well with my Water intake (over 100oz a day) I normally get around 40 grams of Protein in too. I just eat what I want though, not really treating this like a diet. Maybe that is why I am losing a little slower...

I think that's awesome!!!! Honestly, I have heard many people haven't really changed their eating too drastically, but the band helps them to eat less. I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I know I have been eating more than I should be for lunch and dinners, but it's all protein-rich type stuff (yogurt, Protein Powder in pudding, cheese sticks, LOTS of chicken....) Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the weight loss, but I am worried I'm doing it the wrong way and my pouch is stretching. Or I could just be completely paranoid.

Thanks to this whole board for listening to my himming and hawing this week. Going to go home and dance out my frustration on the Wii ;-)!

I think everyone should use their band in the way that suits them, if you want to keep eating what you want, you will lose slower but you know what? To each his own! Whats wrong with that? If that makes you happy that is what you should do. I think its so easy to make this a race, as a matter of fact I decided earlier in the week that I was being too aggressive in this thing and I decided to relax a little. I have been trying to bully my body into losing faster and faster until it has finally told me to "stop or else".

And by the way, I don't know that you are losing slower. Your ticker says 42, mine is 41 and JM's is 56 but she told me part of that was pre-op, I think she is about 42 or 43, too.

You are right Leigha. I have lost 39 lbs post op (17 was before surgery). We're all tracking basically the same, proving Leigha's point that we are all doing what works for us! Kudos, chicas;-)!!!

You guys are right and I appreciate the comments. I have set my goal super low too, honestly I don't really care what my final weight is as long as I'm in a size 8!! But right now my goal weight is 135. My doctor didn't set a goal weight for me so I just chose one that sounded good. I will have to see how I feel about that the closer I get. I was hoping for 10 lbs a month weight loss but I am not seeing that. It averages out to around 8, I guess if I get my butt in gear and get back in the gym it might pick up a little bit. Congrats to both of you doing so well.

I was banded Nov 4th.... to date for my weight loss see my ticker at the bottom. That weight is since about Aug when I got real about this journey. I don't remember surgery day weight i would guess I have lost 30 since surgery.

I try to do only 800-1200 cal a day. Trying to yo yo on the number so my body doesn't get used to one number...I do a lot of walking, not an insane amout but a bunch. I like to sprint and chase my kids too but nothing big...

I just started taking a Massage Tech class which includes doing an amount of stretching and tai chi in class I find it challenging enough but not discouraging ;o) I feel the change in myself as a result... I am going to join the gym soon to help strengthen my arms and help get rid of this tire around my middle. Posture is a big challenge for me.

I am comfortably in a size 10 jean, and new bras today! Now to tackle the tire so my body is more even.

I feel really good. I am working to a vegan or vegetarian life. I have over the last year gently switched my family over to whole grains taking them off most everything that is white. training my kids to read packages and noting serving sizes. They have always been healthy and perfect weight for their heights.

I am still so happy I have taken this step for myself... although challenging it has been very rewarding!

HI Guys, - I was banded 10/13 - I am down 46lbs from surgery date and down 57 from the beginning of the whole process.. .. I have 5cc in a 10 cc every meal is a challenge for me, what i could eat yesterday i may not be able to eat today - I work 8 hrs a day and go to the gym 5 days a week of 1.5-2 hrs. I know im not getting enough Protein and I sure dont get in enough Water.. but Im working on both. as for cals for the day.. i know this is bad but i dont really count,, i figure if the scale is moving im ok- if it stops then i would start counting more, but i honestly dont want to spend the rest of my life counting...

Nice to have a little group of us going on who were all banded at the same time.. we should email or Facebook or something lol

Hi everyone..I was banded on 11/23/9 as of this morning I was down 63 lbs (15 lbs of that was pre-op) although my tickler isn't updated. For dinner I kind of eat whatever..we do family meals however since I have been banded those meals have been a lot more healthier. My mom keeps bringing pizza on her night to cook (my parents live with us) and I keep trying to remind her pizza isn't all that great for me so we kind of argue over that so I eat a couple bites of it and a salad..so i don't deprive myself of anything that might cause a craving but for Breakfast and lunch I am very good and very strict. I also cannot live without an afternoon snack. My exercise is walking and chasing a 2 year old.

Also, just FYI for anyone who might have noticed that Yoplait just came out with Greek yogurt...if you try Chobani..you cannot switch to Yoplait, I actually had to throw it out. Chobani is awesome!!!

I was banded on 10-14-09 too. I have lost 40 lbs. I am very happy that I did this. The weight coming off is a little slower than I would like sometimes but I realize that it is in my control. If I eat the right things and exercise, I do great. I love having this band as a tool to help me with my weight which has been a lifetime struggle.