Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd Fill - Swollen or Restricted or Too Restricted?

3rd fill on Tuesday (3/9), did the Water test

in front of the doc...went down no problem.

Did make a gurgling sound when it went through.

Nurse says, watch out later for issues

because it can sneak up on you...post fill swelling, I guess?

Because of my vomit session I had due to eating

something naughty a day after the fill (see other post - esp.

if you love vomit stories, lol) I'm not able to

keep down even 2 sips of Carnation.

:thumbup:

It felt like I had something stuck right at

the back of my throat, just begging to come out.

So I obliged...because it hurt, too.

Like being stuck but more like constant waves of contractions.

:ohmy:

I figured, after the first time I threw up,

I would be swollen, so go to full liquids.

So now when I sip Water, it also feels like

it sits there...right at the back of my throat.

(I know that it isn't, but it's uncomfortable and annoying.)

:ohmy:

Oh, experts...do chime in.

Was I initially too tight, hence the gurgle?

Or have I exasperated an already

delicate situation and swollen shut (or mostly shut)?

Is this what NORMAL restriction feels like?

I really hope not because I don't like

feeling my food once it's passed the

back of my tongue...know what I mean?

I AM calling the doc today, but I want to guage what's normal.

Thanks!

P.S. Lost 5 pounds in 2 days. Can't (too afraid) to take meds. This isn't good.

Okay, skip the Instant Breakfast for now, and focus on Clear Liquids. Are you able to tolerate sips of clear liquid (for me, warm works best).

If so, I'd give it a couple of days---just sipping away at Clear Liquids to stay hydrated---to see whether some loosening occurs.

If you can't get liquids in, I'd recommend a trip for a little unfill---sooner rather than later. You don't want to risk dehydration.

But if you can tolerate them, even with a bit of difficulty---hang in there. You might loosen up a bit over the next week or so.

(A good gauge of whether you are getting enough Fluid is the color of your urine. It should be pale yellow. If it's dark, you need more Fluid. If it's clear, you can ease off a little. If you find that you're veering toward dark urine, and can't get enough liquid in to remedy this, call the doctor.)

Do you have a tightness in your chest?

Yes, and the feeling that something was sitting at the back of my throat.

I say WAS because as soon as I called the doctor, he was like, "Come in NOW."

I got an unfill.

ALL Better!

Alright check this out. Your story is exactly my story! (with the exception of the hot wing story posted earlier) LOL

Here we go.. It has been exactly 10 days since my 4th fill.

I too, did the Water drinking test right after, and same thing.. went down, with a gurgle.. kind of like a clogged drain..draining slowly. The nurse was like are you okay and I was like Yeah Im good.. Of course I wanted that restriction..badly..But in my head I was like...Am I really okay?

Did the liquids for 24hrs..Even Water was going down slowly.. but it was going down. I managed 64 oz's of water.

24 hrs later started reg Protein.. I actually had some boiled chicken.. which I thought would be safe since it is soft. I immediatly became stuck.. badly.. same sliming..pb..story you posted earlier. Except I was at home thank GOD! And not in the car. Brutal!

The next couple of days i stuck to soft Soups (cream) and mushies.. mashed potatoes..and let me tell you, I even had a hard time with those. Any meat I tried to eat got stuck.. hurt like hell.

Finally.. yesterday 9 days later... I was able to eat some protein..I actually choked down 1 whole cup! I just took small, tiny bites, and chewed the hell out of my meat.< /p>

So I guess my advice to you is.. Hang in there kiddo... If you can drink water even if it takes a while..You should be okay. Just take it super easy.. Eat softer foods, but try to get in some Protein. Eventually it will loosen up.

I hope this helps you.

Alright check this out. Your story is exactly my story! (with the exception of the hot wing story posted earlier) LOL

Here we go.. It has been exactly 10 days since my 4th fill.

I too, did the Water drinking test right after, and same thing.. went down, with a gurgle.. kind of like a clogged drain..draining slowly. The nurse was like are you okay and I was like Yeah Im good.. Of course I wanted that restriction..badly..But in my head I was like...Am I really okay?

Did the liquids for 24hrs..Even Water was going down slowly.. but it was going down. I managed 64 oz's of water.

24 hrs later started reg Protein.. I actually had some boiled chicken.. which I thought would be safe since it is soft. I immediatly became stuck.. badly.. same sliming..pb..story you posted earlier. Except I was at home thank GOD! And not in the car. Brutal!

The next couple of days i stuck to soft Soups (cream) and mushies.. mashed potatoes..and let me tell you, I even had a hard time with those. Any meat I tried to eat got stuck.. hurt like hell.

Finally.. yesterday 9 days later... I was able to eat some protein..I actually choked down 1 whole cup! I just took small, tiny bites, and chewed the hell out of my meat.< /p>

So I guess my advice to you is.. Hang in there kiddo... If you can drink water even if it takes a while..You should be okay. Just take it super easy.. Eat softer foods, but try to get in some Protein. Eventually it will loosen up.

I hope this helps you.

Oh, man!

I'm glad you pulled through it.

After trying to get 2 sips of water down this morning

and it not working, my Doc told me to come in.

I wanted to just work it out like you,

but I was worried that any more puking

would cause some damage (expensive damage).

But I am back to normal (post unfill).

Doctor told me to do only water,

broth, and Jello for 48 hours.

Then take it real slow on the mushies.

I was really close to getting some Fluid taken out of my band too!

I hope you start feeling better soon.

PS: I need to update my ticker but I am down to 180 now, so it works... but YOWZA, this journey can be brutal sometimes!