Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hey everyone. i need a little advice, i had a fill last monday i went from 6.5 to 7 cc in my 10 cc lapband ap. I have this tight feeling in my chest area, and can not eat till around 6 or 7 at night. when i eat i can eat about five small bites and then i feel like its if i eat anymore its gonna come back up, it feels like its just sitting at the bottom of my throat. during the day time i drink a protien smoothie (tcby with my own Protein add 36grams) but it takes me forever to drink it. i am not hungery at all and feel fine not weak or anything. i have dropped seven pounds in this week time frame. do you think i am to tight or is this the way it is suppose to feel? i dont want to get any taken out becuase after not losing for several months, i am finally moving agian. but with that said i dont want to hurt myself or the band. so what do you guys think?

Sounds like you could be too tight.

Have you tried drinking Hot tea or coffee in the morning. At the moment I am drinking a Protein Shake this morning and having a hard time as I am tight in the mornings.

5 bites of food is not enough to keep your strength up. If after drinking hot liquids in the morning if you are still having issues have it checked out.

I also had a fill last Monday and I also am very tight. Not quite as tight as you are, but I also don't want to get any taken out. I was very tight after my last fill too but after I lost 20lbs or so, I loosened up. That is what I am keeping in mind now. I know I will loosen up and then I will appreciate all the restriction I can get. If you stop losing, you may want to get it loosened up a tiny bit to keep you out of "famine control"!! Just one thought to consider!!!

Be careful. I got a super tight fill. I was happy that I was losing weight, 10 pounds in a week. I knew in the back of my head that it was wrong. I got to the point that I was scared to eat. I prolapsed, had a complete unfill and then proceeded to GAIN 15 pounds in the 2 weeks that I had nothing in my band. If you prolapse once you have a great chance of doing it again. I am struggling to even find the restriction I had before that fill that derailed me.

Don't think that things will get better, if you have any doubt in your mind that you are too full please dry the hot liquids in the morning, try cutting food a little smaller, if those things don't work get a miniscule unfill, it will make a world of difference!

Yes I have to agree with these replies. Too tight is horrible...and dangerous. Talk to your doctor and get a little bit taken out, you will feel so much better. I don't know what the "sweet spot" is that I read so much about in relation to the lap band (mine is definitely located elsewhere!), but I suppose that when you get there you will know it. I started excercising a couple of months ago and it has made all the difference. I'm losing again! I was banded in 8/07 and have only lost 59 lbs. But I'm losing again and working out is definitely a part of my life now. I don't hate it nearly as much as I remember...

i dont think it's too tight! i think you are little swollen and besides, it is good that you stay full for a long time and can't eat too much. just be safe when eating and keep it up! if you can drink Water and Protein, but stay full off of very little food, that sounds PERFECT!

I had the same experience last week, but could not even sip Water without severe discomfort - went back the next day, had .5 cc removed and instant relief! It is still tight enough to restrict most foods, but I can drink liquids without a problem :>)

7 pounds in one week for someone your weight is a lot of weight.

Also, if cannot eat solids, you are too tight, in my opinion.

You can get half what you had put in taken out. If things go well, you can get it put back in later. That is what I did when I was overfilled.

thanks everyone. today i was able to eat about 1/2 a cup tonight at dinner. i had a protien smoothie at about one. my i dont get up till around 11 am so that my breakfast/lunch. my sch. is gonna change in a few month and i will be getting up alot earlier. anyways i think its getting better and i am gonna wait till monday and if i can keep eating like today then i will take it that i'vw hit that sweat spot. thanks agian