Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in six hours!!!!

:rolleyes: My surgery is in six hours and I cannot sleep!!!!!!! Thought I would get on here for some support (I'm a little scared). I look forward to tommorrow evening, when everything is done.

Girl, I am SO going to be in ur shoes in about a month! I know JUST how you feel! I can't sleep for NUTTIN when I'm going to have surgery! And that makes it even worse the next day! Ill be praying for you to get some RnR! You can IM me on yahoo if you'd like to talk to someone...

feistytxgin yahoo ID

Good Luck and I am SO happy for ya!:Bunny

Hang in there, you'll be home before you know it !

GOOD LUCK !!!!! Let us know how you are doing when you can. HUGS

Hey, your going to do great.A whole new you.I do not like having surgery either.

But somethings we gatta do to get healthy.Consider this a special gift from GOD.

My surgery is the 30th.

I have decided to make today my day. Even though I am three weeks away from surgery, today is the day I have decided to apply the "mental band." Ever since I scheduled my surgery I have been eating everything I want, whenever I want it. It should make me feel great, right? I finally gave myself permission to eat all of the "no no" foods. Instead I am miserable. I hate the fact that my shirts are riding up and my pants are rolling down...I feel sooooo out of control. One of my biggest problems is the fact that my classroom is across from the cafeteria. Does everyone remember cafeteria food? Grilled cheese and Tomato Soup Fridays? When my room was upstairs I never even looked at the cafeteria. Now I am eager for that first lunch bell. Today I just decided "enough is enough." I started weaning myself off the diet cokes--one caffeine free for one regular. Tomorrow I am even going to add water! I am feeling so depressed right now because I have a MAJOR function this weekend in NYC and I hate how I look. To make matters worse, my husband's first wife will be there, and she is a size 0. My sister in law is also a size 2 or 4, and my mother-in-law. I feel like a Viking around these people. My husband doesn't make me feel bad-I do it to myself. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom to get me through this weekend?

DiSanders -

my bit of wisdom for your weekend....

You are a gem in your own rite...no one can be as beautiful as the precious gems that are your eyes - the sweetest spirit that is your soul. In the eyes of your beloved...you are the sun and the moon and the streams of the earth. Beauty is knowing that someone looks upon you and sighs with love. Beauty is how we conduct ourselves - with pride and self esteem. Know that you are so uniquely special - that you will feel like the gem that you are. There is no size that replaces self-esteem. Love yourself enough to feel for yourself the way you would feel for your best friend if she was in your shoes. Take care Diane -

My Genre - Hope all goes well with your surgery - you will be fine - and we will be thinking about you and waiting for you to check in and give us an update. Take care - Nancy