Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So this morning I had an 8 ounce yogurt, cheese stick and small banana. Normally, I'm satisfied with that and it holds me about 4 hours or so until lunch. For some reason, I totally could have kept eating! I seem to be REALLY hungry today. Could it be that my fill from 2/25 has worn off already or is it because I have been exercising a lot more?

I am so tight in the mornings that I can't even eat anything until about 11:30 am, so I know if I go in for another fill, the doc is going to see that again on the screen (no getting around it when they do it in radiology). I can eat over 8 ounces anytime and it seems like things go down a lot easier in the afternoon/evening.

I definitely do not want to have issues eating certain foods because of too much restriction (my first day back on solids, I had some egg beaters on toast and it got stuck), but I don't want to be starving all the time either like I was during bandster hell. When I went in for my 2nd fill, the doc told me I already had restriction and I had to beg him to give me a tiny bit more!!!

Of course, this is the first time I have felt this hungry since getting the fill (.8 ccs making a total of 4.2 in a 14 cc band), so maybe I'm just being psychotic and just having a 'hungry' day LOL.

Any thoughts?

For me exercise definitely increases appetite. Also, some days, I just have "hungry" days. No idea why, but when it happens to me, I eat more but try to keep it low carb.

I definatly have days where I am just hungrier then other days. And yes exercising can increase your appetite. 4.2 in a 14. band does not seem like an awful lot, but as you know we are all different. I have only had 1 fill so far, 4.6 in a 10. band, I can't eat as much as pre-banding, but I know I have not hit my sweet spot yet either. Anyway you are doing great :)

So this morning I had an 8 ounce yogurt, cheese stick and small banana. Normally, I'm satisfied with that and it holds me about 4 hours or so until lunch. For some reason, I totally could have kept eating! I seem to be REALLY hungry today. Could it be that my fill from 2/25 has worn off already or is it because I have been exercising a lot more?

I am so tight in the mornings that I can't even eat anything until about 11:30 am, so I know if I go in for another fill, the doc is going to see that again on the screen (no getting around it when they do it in radiology). I can eat over 8 ounces anytime and it seems like things go down a lot easier in the afternoon/evening.

I definitely do not want to have issues eating certain foods because of too much restriction (my first day back on solids, I had some egg beaters on toast and it got stuck), but I don't want to be starving all the time either like I was during bandster hell. When I went in for my 2nd fill, the doc told me I already had restriction and I had to beg him to give me a tiny bit more!!!

Of course, this is the first time I have felt this hungry since getting the fill (.8 ccs making a total of 4.2 in a 14 cc band), so maybe I'm just being psychotic and just having a 'hungry' day LOL.

Any thoughts?

I find that each day can be different for me. I've tried to analyze why and I cannot explain it. Exercise doesn't seem to be that much of a factor for me. My period was defintely a factor, and the closer I got my ideal weight the more atttention I needed to pay to really working my tool. Looking at your ticker, I think we may have a lot in common I started at 232, my goal was 150, which would get me to a normal BMI, and I've now settled into about 145. I had to work a lot hard for my last 25 lbs, than for my first 65. ( I think you were following my blog - I talked about that phenomenon in my results not typical blog entry Transforming #002, Maintaining #003, My Lap-Band® Journey: RESULTS NOT TYPICAL

Anyway it will be really interesting to see if this is a one day event (hopefully), or a new pattern. I was also someone who was always tighter in the morning. I do add a mid-morning dense snack like 1/2 and apple and a slice of turkey - to give me that sensation of fullness, which for me leads to satiety. Have you tried adding more dense foods to your am routine? I am also someone who can feel a big difference by adding a few drops of Fluid to my band. Please let me know if I can help (or at least listen).

I am with you girl! I am hungry today too. I am just going to wait it out. It beats being hungry every day like I was before the band.

Are you making sure to get your 80g of Protein? My nutritionist said it definitely helps to front-load your protein in the morning (have 40g by lunch!). Maybe you can have a protein shot if you are having trouble meeting the protein guideline. I'm still in bandster hell, and it's a lot better when I make sure I have my protein...otherwise I'm starving all the time.

Are you making sure to get your 80g of Protein? My nutritionist said it definitely helps to front-load your Protein in the morning (have 40g by lunch!). Maybe you can have a protein shot if you are having trouble meeting the protein guideline. I'm still in bandster hell, and it's a lot better when I make sure I have my protein...otherwise I'm starving all the time.

Oh yes, I get in anywhere from 90 to 100 g of protein on an average day, which is why I'm so confused about this hunger. It literally came out of nowhere!! :sad:

I am with you girl! I am hungry today too. I am just going to wait it out. It beats being hungry every day like I was before the band.

Let's hope it's a better day for both of us, chickie:smile2:!

I find that each day can be different for me. I've tried to analyze why and I cannot explain it. Exercise doesn't seem to be that much of a factor for me. My period was defintely a factor, and the closer I got my ideal weight the more atttention I needed to pay to really working my tool. Looking at your ticker, I think we may have a lot in common I started at 232, my goal was 150, which would get me to a normal BMI, and I've now settled into about 145. I had to work a lot hard for my last 25 lbs, than for my first 65. ( I think you were following my blog - I talked about that phenomenon in my results not typical blog entry Transforming #002, Maintaining #003, My Lap-Band®® Journey: RESULTS NOT TYPICAL

Anyway it will be really interesting to see if this is a one day event (hopefully), or a new pattern. I was also someone who was always tighter in the morning. I do add a mid-morning dense snack like 1/2 and apple and a slice of turkey - to give me that sensation of fullness, which for me leads to satiety. Have you tried adding more dense foods to your am routine? I am also someone who can feel a big difference by adding a few drops of Fluid to my band. Please let me know if I can help (or at least listen).

I too hope yesterday was an isolated day in the life. I may trade out the yogurt for some Special K or some oatmeal. It's weird--I was always full before on a yogurt, and cheese stick and adding the banana didn't even keep me full.

Hoping that today is a better day. Just eating Breakfast now. Don't want to agitate anything by trying to eat any earlier because I'm so tight. I may just add a muscle milk in between meals to keep the portions under control.

Thanks for your insight!

Have you lost a couple pounds recently? If so, I bet you are losing some of the fat around where the band is placed, lessening your restriction. In which case, since you are already more than two weeks out from your fill, it may be time for another!

I'll be two weeks out tomorrow. I think I've lost about 6 lbs since that fill now that I think about it.

The thing is, I am worried I may end up too tight. I just had my yogurt for Breakfast and it almost started to come back up (started sliming). My doc told me two weeks ago that I had restriction even before I got him to agree to the other .8 ccs, but if he gave me any more than that, I would have issues swallowing my own saliva from being too tight in the mornings.

I am thinking I need to restructure my eating to include Snacks, but it stinks because that will make getting all the Water in an even bigger challenge. Here is an example of a typical day for me (weekday):

Morning (9-11 or 11:15)

1 medium coffee w/ 2 tsp non-dairy Creamer

24-32 oz Water

Breakfast (11:30): 6 oz Dannon Light N Fit Yogurt, Frigo Light cheese stick (I add a small banana if I'm still hungry)

(24 to 32 ounces of water in between)

lunch (3:30): Left over dinner (chicken or beef) from the night before- 6 oz, a small side of green Beans or carrots and a frigo light cheese stick

(24 to 32 ounces of water in between)

Dinner (7 or 7:30): chicken or beef (6 ounces), 1/3 cup veggies

Evening snack (optional--maybe 2 or 3 days/week): Skinny cow ice cream bar or sugar free pudding with one scoop of Protein powder

Am I expecting too much from my band by expecting to go so long in between meals? I thought we should be satisfied for 3 to 4 hours..... Should I try to break up my meals? I can try to eat earlier, but it is VERY hard to get anything to go down except liquid.

Again, my yogurt had a rough time of going down just now, so I'm going to bag the cheese stick and banana and just wait to eat again--if my band is cranky today, I don't want to piss it off by trying to eat any more for Breakfast, and for some reason I'm not really hungry anymore.

I am a MESS! I know! Thanks for listening and for your advice!!!

Edited by juliansmom2003