Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

kinda rough question here...

i havent gone to the little boys room and drop the duece in 4 days, i tried tonight but it just hurts way to much to even try to push, i do not believe i am constapated, just that im under so much pain i can manage to do it...

any suggestions?

I found that the liquid diet had the adverse affect on me. I couldn't stop! Now that I'm 2 weeks post surgery and I get to add a few more solids into my diet, I have found that things are binding up. Either call your family physician or your surgeon. They are trained professionals and won't think anything of a question of this nature. That's what we pay them the big bucks for. Good luck!

Deena

Westfield, WI

Surgery Date: Oct. 25, 2005

I didn't have to go for a while. The liquid diet should produce SOME residue, however. If you're not miserable about it right now then call someone tomorrow.

Trust me you don't want that stuff backing up your pipes!!!

It was a year ago but I don't remember going much. I had to take this laxtive from Hell the day before surgery. When it was done with me I was a hollow bag of skin.

It might be that you're just not getting enough solids in for proper "output". No straining with new surgery, eh? Don't do it.

But it's always best to ask you're doc. Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.

Some gentle nonmedication stool softeners we use pretty often at work are warm apple juice, a cup of coffee on an empty stomach, or prune juice. Some people say they eat raisins, craisins, dates or prunes. Stay away from cheeses, and bananas for now, they are constipating. You shouldn't have to push, if you do, it's Constipation. You're Fluid intake is probably on the lower side right now, so less Water in the bowel combined with strong pain medications slows the bowel. The above juices/fruits draw water into the bowel so your stools will flow with gravity.

stool softeners are avalable at any drug store and they will work. they call for 2 i think in your case id go for 3 to get things moving, dont try and force anything whatever you do.

Get something to fix that as soon as possible lol - even if its just juices (pear, prune, etc). Seriously, the drugs you're on right after surgery can stop ya up (they did me for sure!) and it hurts like heck if ya let it go longer than you should. My poor coworker did that (even though I told him lol) and ended up impacted, in the hospital, getting a soap suds enema. He wasn't a happy camper for quite sometime *nods*...

Yeeow. Yes, call your doctor on Monday. See what they recommend. I know that pain meds can totally back some folks up and you don't want that. I had the opposite problem, I was only taking in liquids so I was only producing liquids. It was pretty terrible. Only cleared up after I went on mushies, and that was SIX WEEKS after surgery.

Not being able to drop the deuce is a pretty common side effect. I'd bet your dr's office has a protocol they want you to follow to get things moving, so to speak.

Hang in there.

I haven't been banded yet, but I did stay with my daughter for 2 weeks after her gastric bypass surgery and she had the same problems as you with terrible gas the first day or so and not being able to go to the bathroom. We did get ahold of what they call "Ask A Nurse" in our city. They are available 24/7 and seem to be well informed. She suggested because of the gas that my daughter not take a laxative by mouth but use adult sized glycerine suppositories, which can be found at Walmart or any store for that matter. My daughter used them and had relief within 1/2 an hr. She continued to use them on as an need basis for a couple weeks. She managed to get rid of a lot of gas that way too.

I hope this helps you in some way and you get feeling better really soon.

I used to always have the runs (well not hard at all)... many many times a day, for many years.

I would be on the pot so much I would cry about it and its uselessness and waste of my life..

NOW... the band has made that HELL, gone

I am a normal pooper now..lol

Once a day and its hard now (yeah)

Lots of band benefits huh.. lol

BUT I still cant hold my pee

Its called stess incontinence I guess

I dont take nothing for it, but its embarrssing

though no one knows (but you and my kids)

I cant hold it is the problem.. if I try it leaks out as I walk to the toilet

OR I pee while I sleep and wake up during and cant stop it.

this happened last night and like once a week (always my fault for holding it in, but its hard to beleive even to yourself that pee will just run out with no control)

THIS is obese related and I cant wait to not have this problem