Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 of liquid diet is HARD. Need encouragement and IDEAS pleaseeeee!

Day 1 of liquid diet is HARD. I need some encouragement,some answers, and some IDEAS please :thumbup:

I am on just a liquid diet for a few days and then go to a clear liquid for 48 prior to surgery.

For the just liquid part, I have had a Protein shake, bottle of grape juice (noticed this has A LOT of calories and won't buy from vending machine anymore) and now I just went to the market and got a cup of the broth stuff from their chicken noodle Soup for lunch.

On the regular liquid diet, does ANYTHING go? Is the grape juice OK? For the Soup broth - obviously this had some miniture chicken bits in it. A stray noodle and chicken chunk snuck in too and I ate that as well. :blush:

My doctors instructions give a few examples, and then just says ETC. :w00t:. However, the clear liquid instructions are much more specific.

What did you eat in the liquid phase? What kept you motivated? Right now, I'm just asking how I will survive 5 days or this, and then the clear liquid phase that goes 2 weeks post op. :thumbup:

Any idea, suggestions, or answers would be appreciated!

Thanks much!

Day 1 of liquid diet is HARD. I need some encouragement,some answers, and some IDEAS please :thumbup:

I am on just a liquid diet for a few days and then go to a clear liquid for 48 prior to surgery.

For the just liquid part, I have had a Protein shake, bottle of grape juice (noticed this has A LOT of calories and won't buy from vending machine anymore) and now I just went to the market and got a cup of the broth stuff from their chicken noodle Soup for lunch.

On the regular liquid diet, does ANYTHING go? Is the grape juice OK? For the soup broth - obviously this had some miniture chicken bits in it. A stray noodle and chicken chunk snuck in too and I ate that as well. :w00t:

My doctors instructions give a few examples, and then just says ETC. :w00t:. However, the clear liquid instructions are much more specific.

What did you eat in the liquid phase? What kept you motivated? Right now, I'm just asking how I will survive 5 days or this, and then the clear liquid phase that goes 2 weeks post op. :blush:

Any idea, suggestions, or answers would be appreciated!

Thanks much!

The reason you are on the liquids is to shrink your liver. This is the hardest part of the procedure. In this stage everyone wants to cheat. Everyone feels as if they could eat a horse and everyone has a VERY hard time. The only advice that I can give to you is to tell you, don't cheat no matter how hard it may be because I have heard of doctors canceling the surgery because of that. What I can tell you is that you are almost there and things will get better for you. The first week after surgery you should be ok until the swelling goes down and then you will unfortunately be hungry again until your first fill. The benefits are awesome though. Just wait until the weight starts falling off of you. You will feel much better. You can now tell everyone that has ever said, "this is the easy way out." that they must be out of their minds because there is nothing easy about this process.

Right now your body is going through starvation mode. You will feel tired, you will feel all kinds of things, but like I said it does get better. Hang in there. You can do it. I have faith in you, have faith in yourself. We will save you a seat on the losers bench.

In the liquid phase you can pretty much have anything except alcohol. Drink your Protein shakes but you might want to get some unflavored Protein powder so that you can mix it in broth also. The more Protein you have the more full you will be. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has an unflavored chicken soup flavored protein that is very good. (UNJURY is Medical Quality whey Protein Isolate. Best Tasting whey Protein Powder. Most Trusted Whey Protein powder Supplement. Taste the difference!).

Please feel free to add me as an email buddy and I will try my best to encourage you to keep going. The best of luck to you. Keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, your almost there. :thumbup:

does anyone thing cream Soups are OK?

strained cream soups are considered liquid.< /p>