Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ever hear of "soft signs" ???

I am getting banded on April 7. My dietician was telling me about "Soft signs". She said lots of people have a physical response when they eat enough to just fill their pouch and not be overstuffed. Things like a sigh, a deep breath, watering eyes, a sneeze that signal to stop eating before you eat too much. She said not everyone can identify a soft sign.

Anyone experience this?:

[/html]

Edited by Froggie D

Yes, some of them you can even watch for even before banding. Mine was a hiccup.

Now after being banded, the hiccup comes way too late.

I find that if I eat one bite over my full I sneeze like crazy. Sometimes when I'm full I get a runny nose.

Yes, some of them you can even watch for even before banding. Mine was a hiccup.

Now after being banded, the hiccup comes way too late.

I find that if I eat one bite over my full I sneeze like crazy. Sometimes when I'm full I get a runny nose.

Funny thing is I thought It was just me.I get a runny nose when I'm full.

I get the runny nose too. That and an "almost pain" behind/below my ears. Weird, I know.

I get the running nose, the little hicup birp thing sometimes. The feeling do I really need more when I am pushing limits. I use a small plate when I sit down to eat also so the plate looks full.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that gets a runny nose from eating. Such strange creatures we are. Sometimes I get a hiccup for my soft signal too.

Love my band!

Sue

Yes. I have to eat very slowly, and really "listen" in between bites, or it's easy to overlook.

But I tend to have the deep breath/sigh...followed by one, single hiccup. The hiccup often comes AFTER I've decided to stop eating. With time and more restriction, I think the hiccup will be a "too late" signal like it is for Hummingbird.

My hiccup is a sign when I am too full too fast. Before my fill on Thursday, I was so starving between meals that I was gobbling the food. Since Thursday, I have taken the hiccup as a stop sign,

My nose runs too... and sometimes a hiccup. Never heard of it described as a "soft sign" though. Thanks for putting a name to it.

OMG you guys are right, I get a runny nose also..... How funny, thanks for the post..

Wow, this is great to hear about. I thought is sounded pretty weird but it seems it is real. Thanks for sharing!!!

Mine is the runny nose also. If I eat any more, then I get the hiccup.

I never really thought about a soft sign. I'll have to pay more attention when I'm eating a meal.

I'm getting banded on April 7th also. Good luck to ya!

I get the runny nose too. If I get the hiccup, I am in trouble!

That is my sign that I have pushed it too far.

Since my last fill last week, my nose runs and I yawn over and over when I'm full! I thought I was trippin'! Glad to see I'm not the only one! :thumbup: