Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting so frustrated!!

because i can't get myself motivated to lose weight for nothing! i cant motivate myself to write out my cals and Protein like i did before surgery, i cant even motivate myself to exercise. i want to do all this, what is stopping me?! its so frustrating. it makes it hard when nobody helps you either, my mom wants to start eating healthier again but she says its hard when nobody eats the healthy stuff but she also said that shes going to do it and if they dont like it, then go without. which sounds good to me, why hasnt it happened yet? she said when she buys healthy food for us and them other food, they eat our healthy food! which makes her angry and i think thats kind of why it hasn't happened yet. i push myself i really do but i also feel like im pushing myself not to. i feel like a failure. i set up a challenge for myself and i havent even started it yet! :smile2: [the challenge is in my blog]

when i see someone bigger than me i always say "i dont wanna get like that" to motivate me or "i need to get this weightloss going so i can fit into my cuter clothes/but cuter clothes" and i always say im going to exercise but i dont and it makes me so frustrated, what is holding me back?! can you guys help me or something??

You are putting too much thought into it. You don't need to record every calorie and gram of Protein. Just what you eat and how much. Let a website like The Daily Plate do the calculations for you.

It would only take as much time as it did for you to make this one post. Keep a positive attitude. If you get discouraged it may spiral downward and you'll have further to come back.

i can't get myself motivated to lose weight for nothing! i cant motivate myself to write out my cals and Protein like i did before surgery,

This is going to sound harsh, but it really is not meant to. It's really just matter-of-fact.

You say you can't. But really, you can. You're not doing it, but you can.

The problem is that you're expecting some grand external MOTIVATION to arrive for you. And it's not going to. It may show up every now and then---but it's not a given, and it's not a constant.

You don't wait to be motivated to brush your teeth. You just do it. You don't wait to be motivated to take a shower. You just do it.

Eating well, exercising, etc.---those are things that just need to be done, too.

Sometimes, motivation is high. Other times, it's in the gutter.

It doesn't matter. These things need to be done.

So do them.

This is going to sound harsh, but it really is not meant to. It's really just matter-of-fact.

You say you can't. But really, you can. You're not doing it, but you can.

The problem is that you're expecting some grand external MOTIVATION to arrive for you. And it's not going to. It may show up every now and then---but it's not a given, and it's not a constant.

You don't wait to be motivated to brush your teeth. You just do it. You don't wait to be motivated to take a shower. You just do it.

Eating well, exercising, etc.---those are things that just need to be done, too.

Sometimes, motivation is high. Other times, it's in the gutter.

It doesn't matter. These things need to be done.

So do them.

Exactly. If this were all fun, we wouldn't be in this condition. Maybe you could just start buying your own supplies. Feeding one minimal calories isn't that expensive.

The problem is that you're expecting some grand external MOTIVATION to arrive for you. And it's not going to...

Don't say that. A grand external motivation arrived for me in the form of a heart attack at 44. It hurt like Hell. So, I definitely don't suggest sitting around waiting for it.

Erin, One thing that motivates me is getting in to smaller clothes and it sounds like that will work for you too. I find some jeans or an outfit from my closet that are just a little too tight to wear in public or that I can almost zip. I hang those out where I can see them and try them on once a week. It's something simple, but it stays in the back of my mind through the week when I make food choices. I want to zip those jeans by next weekend.

Erin,

One bite at a time. One minute at a time. If you eat poorly today, eat better tomorrow.Your pouch is small. Fill it with good food - veg, fruit, Protein, good carbs, some dairy. You can only eat so much, so make it count! Eat Protein first - ALWAYS! Eat very small bites, and chew well. If you don't get full after your first measured plate of food,wait 10 min, then take a bit more. Use smaller plates, cups and utinsils. Every pound lost is worth all this. I promise !!!!!!!!

And I agree - Clothes are the BEST motivator!

You're beautiful, and SOOOO worth it :-)

clothes are a great motivator. I find them to be far more concrete for me, rather than thinking, "i'll lose so many pounds by the wedding in two months, etc."

i also think that hannging a pair of jeans i thought were going to fit but actually didnt when i got home would motivate me. i have them in 18s and im wearing a size 18 in the same brand is why i thought theyd fit.

like how would i hang it?

anyhow, BobbieND- thanks (: ... i get hungry quicker cause i never had a fill since i got the band but even so, i havent gained more than 5 pounds, but sometimes i lose 5 and gain it back like its yo-yoing. clothes are a great motivator and i bought some goal clothes in 08 but i think im going to do it like size 18, 15, 12/13, etc

i just feel like i need a lil more support i think, thats why i posted this

Betsy your reply about just doing it woke me up! You are so right, waiting around for the great motivator just doesn't happen. We have to make it happen ourselves. Thanks for your eye opener. It's so nice how someone else's thoughts or feelings can really help someone else.:smile2:

Erin18 I can understand where you are coming from. But I agree, just take one minute, one step, one day at a time. I struggle every morning to get to the gym, the moment I wake up, I'm dealing with a 5yr old (getting him ready and dressed for school), and a 2.5yr old, dropping my oldest off at school and by the time I'm done with that, the one thing I wanna do is just come back home and sit down...but I don't. Every morning once they are sorted, I go to the gym and workout for 1hr-1.5hrs..and for the first 10mins I just wanna give up, but after that 10mins, I get into it and feel sooo much better once I'm done. Exhausted, but proud that I made the effort.

I struggle every single day with motivation to exercise and every single minute with motivation to eat the "right" foods..as it is, I've slipped up today and eaten 2 x 40g pk of crisps...but I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm gonna get up tomorrow and do the same thing again, try to eat well and move more.

If I can do it,You can do it! :biggrin: