Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month supervise weight loss documentation

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

HI everyone

Well I just found out the other day, effective Jan 01, 2006 The co-pay for the surgery will be 5,000.00. Right now it is 250.00...I still need the 6 month weight loss attempt documentation. My case worker seems to want to help and replyed to my e-mail when asked if the Atkins diet was ok to list..the reponse was:

Hello again, any diet followed, along with regular vs and documentation of your results by whoever is following you on this should suffice. And yes…..they would be looking for 6 consecutive months of documentation on wt. loss efforts…….

So Hopefully I can get the doc to fill out paperwork on monday so I can fax them

Does anyone have a sample of one they can e mail to me?

Any comments ????

Thanks

Who are you insured by that your rates are going to $5000? That seems rediculous. I think your dr. could say he supervised different weight loss trials for you. Mine certainly has done run of the mill ones with me, but then they aren't requiring that of me. I think my dr. wants this done as soon as possible because of my health. Good luck to you.

I'm not sure what you are requesting, but hopefully someone will help you out.

I had the misfortune when I lived somewhere else of being on phentermine (before Phen-fen cam out) but it is just as destructive. It is what caused serious heart problems that required extensive surgery. I have also been supervised on Meridia...didn't help at all. Best of luck to you.

My six months go back years... so I had documentation from my doctors when I visited them for different weight loss diets/efforts. Such as phentermine, welbutrin, meridia. My insurance wanted documentation from medical doctors.

Good Luck !!!!

I have good documentation, The only problem is it is not consecutive like the insurance company wants...

Be careful if you are "close" to the minimum BMI of 40--insurance companies want this consecutive, so if you lose a couple of pounds too many, they can deny you. That is why your previous 20 years or so of attempts are not enough.

Sorry to sound cynical, but we are talking insurance companies here!

I just my my date for December 13, 2005..I would love to lose at least 15 lbs before the surgery..

any suggestions?

Some doctors put people on Optifast type liquid diets for two weeks or ten days before the surgery. Did yours tell you to try to lose weight before the operation, or is that a goal of your own?