Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Denise: Praying that your c. diff doesn't come back! What a PITA!

HB: Isn't it nice when other people notice our weight loss? It's such a bummer to stay on a diet for 2-3 months, lose 20 pounds or so and nobody sees anything different even though we can!

Thanks Elfie! Today, so far so good! :) And c.diff. is a literal and figurative PITA! Wah.

HB, great NSVs! woohoo!

Edited by Cocoabean

Finally got my tattoo!!! I told myself I would get one once I lost 50lbs....well here it is about 70lbs and took the plunge last night! I just love it!

post-280932-13813139633606_thumb.jpg

Beautiful, Stacie! And ouch. Congrats.

Beautiful, Stacie! And ouch. Congrats.

Thanks Denise! Praying that the c.diff. is not back for you!! Feel better soon! I just noticed that in this pic...my thigh looks like little chicken legs...better than big turkey drumsticks though! (hmmmm now i am hungry :)..damn unfilled band!)

Stacie,

Your tattoo is beautiful!

Melody

Morning bandster buddies...

What a roller coaster ride over the last couple of weeks. Went off for vacation two weeks ago at 223#. Came back a week later and had gained 5 pounds. Then over the next few days gained another 4 pounds, weighing in at 232 on Wednesday. Not a happy camper since I had been more careful and logging what I was eating and doing a brisk walk for an hour each day.

This morning, the scale tells me I'm down 4 pounds so I'm once again at 228#...the point I was at before I started carefully watching my food intake and exercise. Bah Humbug.

I have an appointment with the bariatric clinic on Tuesday and I'm taking in my food journal and exercise log.

I'm back to wondering whether the band was the right tool for me since I never feel hungry. I just need something that will stop me from taking that next bite. The band did that for me when I was overfilled but I was also getting stuck on a regular basis to the point where I would get hungry because I couldn't eat enough nutritional food.

Perhaps there's a middle ground that I missed before so I'm not giving up yet.

Have a good one y'all...I'm headed out for my morning walk.

Melody

Melody-- Don't give up! I know its slow sometimes but it will work for you, keep trying.

Stacie-- Love the tat, I have been wanting one too but with 3 teenagers in the house and one that is about to turn 18 next week I really don't want to encourage anybody to do anything rash. You know how it is when someone gets one it starts you wanting one too, or it does to me.

Crystl-- I'm with you on the saggy skin thing, I'm turning into an elephant. :)

I went to the deer lease late yesterday afternoon and when I was opening the gate I noticed an armadillo rooting around so I walked over and started taking pictures of him (they are almost blind and you can get close enough to pet them if you want)

So then I looked up and saw 6 wild hogs staring at me from about 100 yards! For those of you who don't live where there are wild hogs, 6 wild hogs can kill you. (You can only see the biggest pig, he is the black blob in the top right hand part of the shade) After I took the picture they started coming toward me.

So this is me running to the car.

Then this morning this little guy flew in my office and landed on the blinds, then he let me pick him up and take him outside. I have to say its been a strange couple of days.

post-281008-13813139636201_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139636693_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139637077_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139637487_thumb.jpg

It sounds a bit like Snow White. Were you singing when the animals come? Cute armadillo.

I think if I were shorter I could easily become the 8th dwarf ...."Droopy" My saggy arm and neck skin is getting to me.

I am tossing around the idea of going back for a tiny fill.

I get hungry very shortly after I eat. I am so close to goal and I have always had so much trouble with all the "no no foods". I don't want to be too tight, but the hungries are hitting me so soon. I have not called in for an appointment, but tossing the idea around.

My goal weight is 150 and I don't really want to go any lower than that. The skin will only get worse.

If HB is Droopy then I get to be Saggy! Leigha is a perfect Snow White!

Maybe Saggy goes better with Scooby Do?

Hubby can be Grumpy, or is that a Smurf? :wink2:

Anway, C. Diff. symptom was just an anomaly, thanks all for the prayers! Whew. I was sceered!!! I really don't want to go through that again. I was running low on Probiotics. That nudged me to order more.

My recent fill has provided me just THAT much more restriction, which is exactly what I wanted. I am not so hungry between meals now and my meals are smaller. But I am not getting stuck more often (once I adjusted to it, that is :)). Pants are a little bit looser.

Haven't done a morning, naked weigh-in. It's funny, I really DON'T care! I step on at night in PJs. Which is subject to all sorts of variables. But I can't get to the scale in the mornings due to its location. The weekend if DH is up first is my only chance. I could have yesterday and today, but I found it was too much effort and I don't care what it says.

It has no power over me. WOW! WOW! WOW! Talk about an NSV!

So, I am thinking I am pretty much at my goal weight. My ticker says 140. But I have been hanging here at 145-147 since around March or so. Maybe I should change the ticker and be done with it!

Anyone heard from Anne or Bobbie? Where they been hiding?

Trying to catch up--cannot hit everyone.

Denise--good attitude and way to conquer the scale. I need to do the same thing, although I am way less compulsive about it than I used to be

Bob--g-string. I shudder

Melody--hang in there--the body is a strange creature!

Crystl--feel you on the baggy skin--since baggy and saggy dwarfs are taken, I will take waggly!

Leigha Mason--or Dr. Doolittle? hmm...

Stacie--nice tat--you are a brave creature. Even if I have the courage--trying to find a place to cover it up daily for work just would defeat this purpose.

Okay decided to post a cruise pic. Not bad.

Got vacation weight off me last week. Now really trying to focus. My 1 year bandiversary is coming in January, and I am so far behind thanks to the flipped port thingey on achieving my goal. I am trying to keep it in perspective. I have done a great job and the compliments I get everyday are wonderful. I am so stressed because I have to be below a BMI of 40 or my insurance goes up in April! :thumbup:

post-279859-13813139637894_thumb.jpg

post-279859-13813139638194_thumb.jpg

post-279859-13813139638494_thumb.jpg

Life with Hilda is a never ending bundle of fun. About a week before we went to Disney I was scheduled for a fill, but woke up that morning feeling 'tight'. So I cancelled the fill. Now, three weeks later, I was scheduled for another fill this morning and woke up tight. Pffft. I told Hilda to shut up and went for the fill anyway.

After 30 minute conversation with the nurse, we decided to go ahead and get another 1cc (taking me to 8) and then stay there for a month. She said to be kind to my band for that month. In other words, stick to soft foods and mushes for 3 days and then if I'm too tight to eat solids, continue to stick to mushies and pureed and see if it doesn't resolve on its own. At the end of the month, we'll take another look at Hilda and decide where to go from there but will most likely do it in tiny .1cc increments.

I had a Protein Shake before I left for the fill and another Protein shake about 30 minutes ago. I'm not hungry and have no desire for food. It would be luverly if I kept this feeling.

Now, I think I will go out for my walk since I missed my aerobics and walk this morning and it is a *gorgeous* fall day outside!

Melody

My positive attitude is absolutely sickening. I gained 7# on Sunday and am still happy :cursing:

Sunday morning 207#

Monday morning 214#

I barely ate on Sunday, I just drank a whole lot of Bloody Marys. I think all of the sodium caused me to retain a lot of Fluid. I was at the bar for 7 hours and didn't pee once.

The only thing that sucks is that Tuesday is my weigh in day of teh week and I have to document 212 which is 4# heavier than last Tuesday.

I am drinking a case of Water a day yesterday and today trying to flush my system.

Shammah-- Your vacation pics are wonderful. I am so jealous of the cruise, hopefully by next summer I will be in a position to hire someone to work at my "dealership" and I can have a vacation.

Melody-- Fingers crossed for the "not hungry" to continue..

Bob-- Just say you forgot to weigh and do it tomorrow instead or maybe next week all the Fluid will be gone and it will seem like you lost a bunch..

A few weeks ago my Dr's marketing director asked me to be on the monthly newsletter so I wrote a short blurb and sent them some pictures. So yesterday I got a thank you card in the mail and $100 check! My local grocery store had apples on sale so I used the money to buy apples, jars, an apple peeler, and a cookbook holder and canned 40 jars of spiced apples. If y'all will PM me your addresses I will send y'all some. :cursing: PS I used 50/50 sugar/splenda so they aren't too bad for you.