Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Glad to hear everything went well (although the thought of the doc manually flipping the port makes me feel queasy)! Have fun on your cruise!

Morning bandsters! Oh wait, it's afternoon. Does anyone else feel the need to make their homes spic and span before they go on vacation? I don't know what it is but I have to have it clean before I go so I've been up since 5 a.m. scrubbing bathrooms, vaccuming and just tidying the house. Somehow I found myself cleaning out the fridge too. Now it's time for my nap.

Still doing well on Atkins induction. Today's the final day of my first week and I feel fabulous. This morning my scales were still sitting at 223.5 and I'm not going to weigh myself until I get back from Disney. Here's hoping that another week plus walking for hours every day will show a stunning loss when I weigh myself next Friday morning!

Ok...nap time and then packing suitcases.

Hey checking on my vacation and yes I clean before going on vacation, Melody.

Quick NSV's: no seatbelt extender or tired and breathing from pulling my luggage!!!:thumbup:

That's a great NSV! I'll find out tomorrow if I need a seat belt extender. We'll see. ;-p

Husband is taking his computer. I'm not taking mine but I may still be able to check in on his.

Have a good week everyone!

So, as of this morning I'm down to 212, I've lost 82 pounds since surgery and down 100 pounds from my highest 3 years ago....HOLY COW!!! It's weird, I haven't really changed anything and suddenly it's falling off again (3 pounds this week, I qualify that as falling off). Metabolism is a crazy thing. So now, for the first time since I was a kid, I have onederland in sight. Oh my.

ALSO, this morning I made reservations for a cruise in January, my first ever. My travel companions are my best friend of 23 years, 2 of my closest friends from PA school, and 2 of their friends. No spouses, no kids...just a bunch of wild momma's on the loose! I have informed my traveling partners I intend to be half-naked in a bathing suit with my new found hot body and half drunk the entire time. Good times, good times. (Oh crap, I need to find a bathing suit!)

And, while I'm babbling, last night was great. I sort of feel like it was my first real grown up date ever. We talked, we ate (nothing horrible happened), we walked. It was, well, it was nice and it was comfortable, and well, I guess we'll see! If nothing else it was lovely to get out with another adult and have a fun evening.

Have a lovely weekend! We're off to soccer.

So, as of this morning I'm down to 212, I've lost 82 pounds since surgery and down 100 pounds from my highest 3 years ago....HOLY COW!!! It's weird, I haven't really changed anything and suddenly it's falling off again (3 pounds this week, I qualify that as falling off). Metabolism is a crazy thing. So now, for the first time since I was a kid, I have onederland in sight. Oh my.

ALSO, this morning I made reservations for a cruise in January, my first ever. My travel companions are my best friend of 23 years, 2 of my closest friends from PA school, and 2 of their friends. No spouses, no kids...just a bunch of wild momma's on the loose! I have informed my traveling partners I intend to be half-naked in a bathing suit with my new found hot body and half drunk the entire time. Good times, good times. (Oh crap, I need to find a bathing suit!)

And, while I'm babbling, last night was great. I sort of feel like it was my first real grown up date ever. We talked, we ate (nothing horrible happened), we walked. It was, well, it was nice and it was comfortable, and well, I guess we'll see! If nothing else it was lovely to get out with another adult and have a fun evening.

Have a lovely weekend! We're off to soccer.

Christie, I am so happy for you!!! This entire post is so

uplifting! See..... sometimes good things do

happen to good people. Way to go and enjoy life!

Thank you, thank you. It's funny. I've always considered myself a happy person. Almost always have a smile on my face, always trying to lift up everyone else. But I think this entire time that deep down I've been sad because I was a big fat failure in the skinny game. I knew I settled when it came to men because I didn't think I could do better, I mean, who's gonna love a fat girl right? But I didn't realize what an impact my weight had on my day to day life.

One silly date and epiphany time apparently. He did call and say he really enjoyed it and is looking forward to seeing me again. Who knows what the future holds but I intend to enjoy finding out.

Christie,

I am so glad you had a nice time...and so glad you found your 'real' happy face. :smile2: The cruise sounds like a blast...particularly since you feel so good about yourself. You know, when we feel good about ourselves, it shows in our face and demeanor and we become attractive to others as well.

At the last minute I decided not to bring my computer since I knew it would be difficult to resist 'working'. Best decision I ever made.

The flight down on Saturday morning was uneventful. Smooth flying, no screaming kids, nobody behind me kicking my seat. I even managed to grab a 1.5 hour snooze out of the 2.5 hour flight.

We grabbed a shuttle to our hotel and our room was ready for us so we had time to unpack and get lunch before heading to Disney. Our son met up with us around 3:30 p.m. and we spent the rest of the day riding some of the tamer coasters. Thank goodness I am down 37 pounds from last year at this time because we must've walked miles! And yes, I did stick to my low carb eating!

Today we drove down to Tampa and spent the day with my son and his wife. It's 5 p.m. and we're getting ready to head back to Orlando and spend the next 5 hours or so at Hollywood Studios since it has extended hours for resort guests. Woohoo...Tower of Terror here I come. I love being able to fit into the roller coaster seats too! This alone is enough to keep me on track as far as my eating!

Probably won't be back on before I get back so you all have a good week!

Hey all. I went back to the dr for a follow up from my dilation and it has either gotten way worse or I have a slip. Right now my band is empty and I am so hungry and miserable. I've been crying all day because if unfilling me for 30 days does nothing then it's surgery to remove my band and either replace it, go with nothing or have bypass. I don't want ANY! I have worked so hard and I hate to be going backwards. I just wish I knew why. I didn't do anything wrong! I can think of 3 times I have even thrown up (2 of which were PB not acutal retching). I just feel really hopeless right now. :)

Sorry to hear that Stacie that really sucks.

Elfie hope your holiday is going well.

Christie glad things are going well and that you enjoyed your date.

Too many posts to catch up on after being away so all the best to everyone else too.

We had a great week in Tassie. We went up cradle mountain, down some caves, on a restored railway, on a chairlift over a gorge just generally had a relaxing time. The weather was cold but it didn't really matter.

Ate all the wrong foods - do you realise how easily chocolate mousse cake goes down? But the quantities were small and I didn't gain any weight! I suppose that having cake instead of lunch makes a difference(before it would have been lunch and cake).

Been busy catching up with the washing and cleaning. The weather has at last started to get warm and now that daylight saving has started we have nice light evenings too.

Had to go and get blood tests this morning. Since my incident in March when I collapsed and got taken off my BP meds I have been monitoring it myself at home.It has been getting higher and higher. Saw my GP twice and he said it was high but not high enough to worry about. yesterday morning I was feeling dizzy,nauseous, shaky and my heart was pounding(I had eaten breakfast). checked my BP and it was 180/100!!!!!! Saw another GP at the practice and she has given me some meds and ordered thyroid,iron,Vit B, Vit D tests etc etc to see if she can find out what is causing it.Have to go back on Friday.

elcee, I hope they get your BP figured out. Whooo Hooo on having a great time with no weight gain!

Stacie, OMG! I would be crying too. It's hard to say when I'm not walking in your shoes, but I think I would tell them to put in a new band and make sure they stitch it in place well so it doesn't slip. Hugs to you. I hope you get it figured out.

Oh Stacie, I'm so sorry....just know I'm thinking of you with fingers crossed.

I am at the beginning of this journey. I am in the pre-op testing stage. My husband has recently been sent overseas with work. I will be doing this alone aside from a dear friend who has had the bypass surgery. I am worried about my will power. I should be have my last test for H. Pylori. when I finish the antibiotics. Wish me luck:unsure:

Geez! Just heard from the PA again today. She said the surgeon looked over my films and wants to wait 6 WEEKS before seeing me again!! :thumbdown: I was struggling with having to do it for 4...now 6. Since I am not sick, he wants to wait longer to see if I heal on my own so I don't rush into a surgery I may potentially not need. I can't argue with that, but I wish none of it would've happened in the first place ya know! I'm gonna have to get the scale out of the house for the next 1 1/2 months because I know me & I will beat myself up. Ok...I think my pity party is over now. I CAN DO THIS. Like the little engine that could "I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN"