Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Yea for onederland!!!!:):biggrin::crying:

Welcome to Onderland Christie! Just a few more and you can join the 100 pound club too!!!

199.2!!! I'm here, I'm here, I made it to onederland!!! It'll probably be gone again tomorrow but whatever, I'm here now!! Join me in the happy dance ladies! (that means 95 down, wow)

:w00t::):unsure::lol2::crying::smile::w00t::):woot:

CONGRATS!!!

Bless me father for I have sinned. I've had a spaghetti squash sitting on the counter for the last few days and last night it's cries to "eat me" were finally heard. I decided to put it out of its (and my) misery. Man...10 carbs for a cup of squash. I know, some of you would be saying that's not bad, but that was my entire daily total right now so it doubled what I should've had yesterday. Oh well...could've been worse. I almost went to the movies and took my big refillable popcorn bucket. :thumbup:

So I'm down another 1 1/2 pounds today. Not holding my breath since I know I have massive Water weight shifts and could wake up tomorrow 4 lbs heavier but I know my daily carbs have been under 10 and my calories are coming in around 1100-1200 (not that I'm counting them, but it just seems to happen) which means I'm being a very good girl with no 'just a little cheat won't hurt' moments.

Blood sugar levels are still running consistently between 110-145...not bad since I was having trouble keeping them below 200. I can only attribute this to the fact that I'm also controlling the Protein grams too. Amazing.

I have to believe too that the band is helping because in the past I ate much more when I was doing low carb. Now less seems to satisfy me. Now if I could just get rid of this blasted shoulder pain!

Sinning with a spaghetti squash...I didn't know that was possible. Too bad Bob isn't here he would have a blast with that one. Melody, I am superstitious so I am not going to jinx you but I have a good feeling about you...

Well I guess I am on the "fighting with your husband" diet, I have been so stressed I can barely eat. It took an hour to eat a can of tuna with mayo tonight, I am at about 600 calories for the day. The sucky part is that even though I can barely eat I am still hungry but after a few bites I am slimming. :rolleyes2:

Hi Everybody!!!

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days...whew!

Christie!! CONGRATS!!! So happy for you.

Melody, so pleased you are finding what works for you, yippee!

Stacie, hang in there!

Leigha, you are in my thoughts. :blush:

Me? Well, work sux--like my job, fighting with another department, boo. My computer here at home has had power cord issues. Borrowing my cord from work. A new one is on the way. :rolleyes2: I might lose another molar tomorrow, upper one on the other side (I WILL lose it, just not sure if it will happen tomorrow or in a week or so). CRUUUDDDD!!! (HB, I've been a good girl since the last issue, flossing and brushing...promise! Too little, too late...wah)

As to my weight? Holding steady. Had soy sauce on Sunday, got on the scale Monday night with jammies and a hoodie on. Should NOT have done that...OY! Made several trips to the toilet today getting rid of the Water weight...yay!

Tomorrow is a holiday (read day off for me!), thank you all you veterans for your service!

Leigha sorry you are having problems with hubby at the moment.Although thinking about it aren't hubbies just one big problem? I swear mine is permanently grumpy these days. Never mind PMT this is 10 times worse. Sometimes being around him is like treading on eggshells. Whatever is wrong I hope you manage to resolve it.

Well done Christie I am sure that you must feel fab.

Melody I hope you manage to sort the shoulder pain thing out soon - it must be very frustrating.

I have to agree that eating spaghetti squash hardly sounds like a sin. I mean it's a vegetable for heavens sake!It's a good job I don't go to confession as my sins are far worse. And that's only the food that I'm talking about.

Leigha try something else. Tinned fish can be very dry even with mayo on. There is nothing worse than being hungry and not being able to eat.

Sending you lots of hugs

XXXXXXXX

Melody.

My shoulder pain is back this week. It is not as bad as yours, but it has been constant this week. It was so bad last night I had to break out the pain Patches. I think sleeping with the patch on helped a little bit, but the shoulder still hurts today. I sometimes toss around the idea that my fibro makes matters worse. This morning I was thinking maybe the slack they leave in the tubing may loop up and touch the phrenic nerve. I don't know.

All I know is the pain has been very annoying this week.

I think I just had one mouse. The traps have been set since Monday morning and just the one mouse has been caught.

Leigha: Can't live with 'em...can't bury 'em in the backyard...interferes with the landscaping. :blush: I'm sorry you're going through this with your husband and yeah, stress does not help with the band and Proteins are always kind of iffy anyway.

Denise: When you stepped on the scale in a hoodie and jammies did you hear the country song, "What was I thinkin'" playing in your head? So sorry about your molar. What a PITA. Don't wait too long if you're planning on an implant as a replacement (much better than destroying the two teeth on either side for a bridge). I did that and the bone receded too much in a year to have the implant as an option.

Elcee: I know...and I so miss my vegies but I seem to be so sensitive to carbs and high levels of Protein. I'm hoping it's just because I'm so insulin resistant and that eventually, as the weight drops and the insulin resistance resolves that I'll be able to have them again.

Hummingbird: One mouse? Maybe I should put a little note on our mice bulletin board (I'm sure they must have one somewhere) that there is a nice 'vacant' vacation home for the winter...close to skiing and everything. :rolleyes2: My sympathies on your shoulder pain returning. I hope yours goes away again because it's a PITA (the 'A' in this case standing for 'arm').

Melody

So, not such a good day yesterday...sort of. My husband put the coffee Beans in the pot the night before, so when I got up I poured myself a cup of coffee with a bit of half and half. Normally I'll eat Breakfast an hour later but (yeah, go ahead and smack me), I didn't.

Finally around noon, my body started reminding me I needed to eat. I fixed my lunch, ate and within 30 minutes I had a major sugar episode. Had no clue whether it was swinging up or down because I used my last meter strip that morning and hadn't been to the store yet (yeah, another stupid I should be smacked for). So I just waited it out. Safe to do because I knew the swing wasn't high or low enough to knock me out...just enough to make me miserable.

For almost 2 hours I had to deal with the consequences of this swing...shaky, cold sweats, etc....and the intense craving to stuff whatever carbs in my mouth that I could reach. I knew I'd feel better almost instantly...but also knew I'd feel even more miserable afterwards. So I ate a couple ounces of cheese and just waited it out. I even headed to the kitchen a couple times before doing a turn around, telling myself 'nononononono'...but I made it!

Oh...and it wasn't just waiting to eat that did it. Oh no...I discovered that my husband had used regular caffeine coffee (which I *never* touch) in the pot. He forgot what caffeine does to me. I reminded him when he came home and I was now in the pounding headache, major bitchy and complete fatigue stage of the sugar swing. Bet it'll be awhile before he forgets again...particularly since I tossed his caffeine coffee beans in the trash. I must've looked as wiped as I felt because he was dutifully contrite and agreed that he has no problem drinking Decaf at home as well. :rolleyes2:

So, the 'sort of' is that while I felt horrible yesterday, I did not go off plan with my eating. I'll take it.

Melody

Ok...now have an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday about this arm pain. Hopefully we can find a solution because pain Patches don't work at all and aspirin is not working either. I ended up taking NyQuil last night because it knocks me out so I did get about a couple hours of uninterrupted sleep before the pain was able to make its way through the NyQuil drugged sleep.:rolleyes2:

Melody-- Will your insurance let you convert to a sleeve if the pain is from the band?

Melody-- Will your insurance let you convert to a sleeve if the pain is from the band?

I honestly don't know...and I'm not sure I'd want the sleeve. I'm working this band extra hard right now, hoping that dropping another 20 pounds will make it go away...although I hear from some people at maintenance that they still have the pain. :rolleyes2:

Melody

::): I guess it happens in batches. Steve decided to misbehave again...he's never really chilled out since getting the GI bug 2 weeks ago but it was just minor misery, nothing major. Monday he was bad. Monday night was horrible. I refluxed all night long whether I was sitting, standing, laying flat... liquids were sometimes going down and sometimes just sitting.... Tuesday I was exhausted and refluxing while wide awake and talking to people (out my nose! EW!!!!). So, another a rush to the doc, they took out 2 ccs so I'm down to 3.7 which is like, nothing???? I did get a barium swallow (again ewww, but not nearly as ewww as the barium coming out the other end) which revealed that my little angel Steve is in perfect position, no slippage, no nothing...so apparently I'm just extremely sensitive and Steve is extremely sensitive and I'm going to have a barely filled band. I'm again feeling better, actually hungry and ready for real food but can't have that until tomorrow. They' won't put anything back in for 4 weeks...The four weeks around the holidays, YIKES!!!!

We'll all be fine, yes, we will!!!!

Christie, Steve is just a jerk! You guys need to work on your relationship! Talk about dysfunctional. Sheesh!