Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

GRRRR

Not happy. Weather here is wet and miserable AGAIN! I know we need the rain but this is ridulous. How are we ever supposed to cut the grass when it rains every weekend?

Got a call at 8.30 this morning asking if I can please model at the local church fashion parade this afternoon. Had to jump in the shower and rush to the boutique to get outfits to wear. Back home straighten hair and just having a quick snack (yogurt) before doing my makeup and having to go.

This is my 2nd modelling assignment since being banded. LOL. My DH can now boast he's married to a model (when i told him that he made some rude comment).

Have to love it as it is one thing I never thought I would be able to do especially as I'm only 5ft and now pretty close to 50(48). I don't think Elle Mc Pherson and the rest have anything to worry about though.

DH has gone to hire a carpet cleaner after knocking a glass of red wine over our beige carpet last night. New rule has to be only white drinks in carpeted areas. We tried salt, soda, stain remover etc and it still looks awful. Hopefully the carpet cleaner will help.

Better run...................Just hope that I don't trip!

Hope it went well, Elcee! Just remember, if you fall, make it look like you meant to!

Well, I could not stop eating today :) Right up until dinner when I got stuck on my veggie burger. Drat!

Was not my week for computers. Now my home computer is acting up. Must be my magnetic personality! I think I messed up some registry files, but not really knowing what I am doing I am not sure. But I seem to be making things improve now, rather than making them worse. I may be reformatting before the weekend is over..greeaattt!

This time I won't have an IT department to help me.

Looks as though we are going to see some sun tomorrow for the first time all week. I could have been Soggy Dwarf this week. We got 1.5 inches of rain this week. Highly unusual for San Diego in October! So we are hoping to get outside for a while. Poor Butters has got cabin fever.

OK, got some files downloaded...here goes nothing..hope to see you all soon!!!!

Elcee: Good luck with getting the red wine out of the carpet. They say club soda works at getting wine stains out of clothes but I've never tried it. OxyClean (not sure if you can get it there) works pretty well on all stains and you can use it on colors. How'd the modeling go?

Denise: You just have to marry the right person. When I mess up my computer, I just call my IT person...."Oh honey..." Although I have to admit that sometimes it's like being married to the shoemaker. Everyone has shoes except you.

Melody

Oh how I miss my guest bedroom! Over the last couple of years I've been downsizing my business to the point where it now fits in the remodeled attached 3 car garage. So a couple months ago we moved it in and put the warehouse up for sale. However, that was our only guest bedroom/suite which means when my parents come to visit (once or twice a year), we now bunk in my youngest son's bedroom on his twin beds (he has a futon as well and that's his preferred bed at any time) and give my parents our room. The beds aren't bad...they're just not *my* bed. ;-p Fortunately, they're only here for 2 nights.

I still have some restriction on how much I can eat and do have to pay attention to the bite size and chewing. I made lasagna for dinner last night and was only able to eat a very small piece with about 1/2 cup of salad...and I was happy with that.

Lots to do today, most of it outside, so I'm hoping the weather will stay as nice as yesterday...although I hear we're expecting rain.

Have a good one y'all!

Melody

Denise: You just have to marry the right person. When I mess up my computer, I just call my IT person...."Oh honey..." Although I have to admit that sometimes it's like being married to the shoemaker. Everyone has shoes except you.

Melody

Oh, Melody, Boy did I marry wrong for that!! I am the IT person of the entire family. Any computer problems come to me. The problem is I am not nearly as good as they all seem to think. So there I will be with one broken computer and one on the internet researching!

This morning, I tried to speed up DH's internet explorer, and somehow managed to delete his printer! :) I quit!

Mine seems to be OK now, though!

Elcee...how'd it go?

Mine seems to be OK now, though!

?

Well at least you have your priorities right. :)

Well at least you have your priorities right. :)

You betcha!! :thumbup:

Computers are great when they work. We've just bought a new Apple and it's great. However I have a Canon printer and would like to be able to use the Canon easy print software as it gives better printing options. It loaded onto the computer OK but does not seem to recognise iphoto. Of course as it is the weekend the support no is unavailable. Also the email support for Aus didn't seem to be working so I tried using the US one instead. Hopefully they can sort it but i am not optimistic.

Wine has not fully come out of the carpet but it doesn't look like wine anymore, instead there is a slightly darker patch than the rest.It is hardly noticeable which is good. Elfie I tried soda, salt, everything none of them worked.

Keep you fingers crossed that it doesn't rain here today as then we may be able to get our grass cut. Cannot believe how quickly it(or should I say the weeds) have grown.

The modelling went well. I forgot to smile but then isn't that what most models do anyway? A bit nerve wracking but good fun and it was for a good cause, raising funds for the local hospital.

I'll try to attach some of the pics. They were taken by my 15year old son and it was hard as we didn't stand still for long enough which will explain the blur.

Just tried to upload pics and its not working. I have them on my Facebook profile so if you want to add me feel free. Lynn Defoe.

Just tried to add you, but wasn't sure which one you were...devil in a blue dress? :)

Melody

Didn't realise there was more than 1 - thought I had an uncommon name - just goes to show! Yes I have long brown hair, a dark blue top on and a fascinator in my hair.

Wooo Hoooo ! I'm normal! I dropped out of the 160s to 159 today and it brings me to the "normal" BMI range at 24.9 ! :blushing:

Congratulations, HB!!

Congratulations! Crystl I'm happy for you. :blushing:

Elcee,

I wouldn't worry about 'not smiling'. Most professional models look grumpy and surly...understandable considering that they can't eat enough to sustain themselves beyond the 'starving Ethiopian' look.

Melody