Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Leigha: Ooooo...a 'published' author...congratulations! Meant to say earlier that I liked your nature pictures but you really don't have to do the Marlin Perkins "Wild Kingdom" type of nature walk.

Christie: Congrats on the 5K! Must've been fun doing it in a ball gown and tiara. No heels though, eh? :cursing:

Shad: You're looking fantastic!

How are the rest of you doing?

Melody

Finally! Stepped on the scale this morning and it said 225.5...solid! It was driving me crazing that 2-1/2 weeks of increased activity has not driven this blasted scale down.

After my fill yesterday morning, I found I was a bit tight by dinner but I could still eat solid foods (shrimp scampi) if I took small bites, chewed thoroughly and waited between bites...although I found I needed to stop after eating about 1/2 cup of food. No problems with even a desire to eat yesterday. Pretty much how I should be eating.

I have no clue how tight my band is today but I'm going to do the kind thing and have a Protein Shake for Breakfast now that I've had my mug of hot Decaf tea. We'll see what lunch brings although I'm going to stick to softer foods just in case. Nice because I have a butternut squash sitting on my counter, begging "eat me" so I think I'll stick it in the oven and roast it.

So, off to have my Protein shake and by then it should be light enough to go for my walk. I've managed to do a 3 mile, one hour walk, every day for the last 11 days and now, with the weight loss, am motivated to continue. It averages out to 1 mile in 18 minutes and my goal is 1 mile in 15 minutes.

Have a good one y'all!

Melody

Yep, the other name for them here downunder is a "banana hammock"!

I like Budgie Smuggler....that'd hysterical!!!! I have to agree prince charming has to cover the goods....

And no, no high heels, reeboks all the way!

Budgie Smuggler is a great term, never heard it before! Too funny! Hearing it my head with a Aussie Accent.

I am doing well, keeping my portions small, yay!

My computer at work tanked today. Had to go do something in another office for a bit, when I got back to my desk, I had a blue screen of death! Yikes!

IT got me sort of working again 4 hours later. Turned out to be something to do with the firewall. It's amazing how much my worklife revolves around a computer. I had NOTHING to do. After I filed a few invoices, there I sat. Twiddling my thumbs. What a pain!

Better twiddling your thumbs than using them to eat, eh?

Melody

Day 2 post fill and still no desire to eat. Here's hoping it will continue.

Already got in a 5k walk this morning and I think I'm going to start adding in another a few times a week in the evening. My husband has started some sort of fitness thing at work and he's supposed to go out and walk a couple times a week for an hour so I think I'll join him.

Think I'll dust the living room today...'dust' being a misnomer for 'rearrange'. :wink2:

Melody

Think I'll dust the living room today...'dust' being a misnomer for 'rearrange'. :wink2:

Melody

Maybe you could be like me and dust "around" everything :biggrin:

I have been hanging out for warmer weather and sunshine but it does have a downside. Now it's sunny I can see all the dust. And it seems that no sooner do I dust than it comes back again!

The sun also has a nasty habit of showing up cobwebs.

I look at cobwebs as 'natural bug exterminators'. Then again, I was told by a professional exterminator that if you have lots of spiders, it means you also have lots of bugs. :wink2:

Maybe you could be like me and dust "around" everything :biggrin:

I just use dusting as an excuse to rearrange the furniture. My husband said it's a good thing I didn't marry a blind man. What can I say...I used to move every 2 years and I mean 'move' to another state. For the last 15 years I've been living in the same house. 'Dusting' is my way of dealing with the frustration of not moving. :wink2:

Melody

It is cold and gloomy today. We have been getting cold rain and snow. yes, SNOW! :w00t:

I have to change my name to grumpy dwarf today. :thumbup:

I've been sewing today so at least it is keeping me busy. If I don't stay busy I will graze.

Edited by Humming Bird

Its still effin 86 degrees here, my air conditioner is still running non stop, driving my crazy! Plus 48% humidity, hot, sticky, sucky. I'm bitchy dwarf today. :w00t:

Its still effin 86 degrees here, my air conditioner is still running non stop, driving my crazy! Plus 48% humidity, hot, sticky, sucky. I'm bitchy dwarf today. :w00t:

I'm loving it!!

This is what I moved to Texas for!

Well hello bitchy and grumpy dwarves...sorry you're dealing with yucky weather. It is a gorgeous fall day here. Full sun and blue skies, slight breeze but definitely short sleeve weather. I'm hoping it stays this way tomorrow so I can run the riding mower (with bagger) over all the leaves in the yard. Otherwise my mid-winter snowmen look nasty with leaves poking out of them.