Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Yikes!

Small things that run away are a challenge to him, and he loves a chase!

Haha! Beelz doesn't run away! My sil visited last week with her terrier shitzu mix and Beelz attacked it despite the fact that the dog had to have weighed 30 pounds! At first it stood its ground but completely freaked when Beelz leapt into the air and land in a Halloween cat stance, all claws out, on its back. I did manage to control myself until they left but then laughed so hard I almost peed myself.

Menopause, eh? Well keep him away from 20 year old ditzes and little red sports cars. <g>

when the boys mother called and wanted to come get him and take him to get an ice cream. Um, hello?, we are having a party for him right now.

So who won?

Re: the lab peeing in the house. They say when a dog starts doing that, it's because of stress of some sort...or a urinary infection. Good luck figuring out which before he ruins the carpets. :smile:

Oh and our 7 year old lab has started peeing in the house! WTH!?! Last night I was in bed and had opened the door to the porch and he comes in my room walks over to the door frame that goes to the bathroom and pees on it like it was the normal thing to do.:yesnod: How does that start?

Melody, I'm glad to hear your doing well on your low carb, I'm rooting for you.

Denise, Hows the mouth?

Hey Leigha!

He's trying to tell you something! Or maybe he is sick. Or the party stressed him.

The mouth is OK, thanks for asking. I don't ever want to go through this again! I think this was worse than my rotator cuff repair. I KNOW it was worse than band surgery! sheesh! I have decided I am a wimp with a very low pain tolerance. :smile:

Hi Everyone. Sorry I have been absent. I have read everyday, but just have been having my own little pity party I suppose and hadn't really felt like...well doing much of anything really! I am thoroghly convinced that I have PMDD or something. The week before my period I am a total nutjob. Like seriously a crazy woman and thank goodness my husband loves me. Denise you could send your husband here in 3 weeks and it may scare the daylights out of him :yesnod:. I have decided to go to my local community college starting in January for my Assoc. in Medical Administration and also to take classes to become a certified medical coder. I go in 1 week to see if my dilation has improved/worsened/unchanged. I sure hope it's better and I can get a fill because I am eating too much and losing slowly and with the whole period thing and cravings it has not been pretty. I just need to get over it and move on! (easier said then done though). Glad to hear that everyone seems to be getting along ok and I promise to be a more productive part of society :smile:.

Shammah-thinking about you!! Good luck tomorrow!!!!! Let us know how it goes

Shammah, prayers going up for you and your doctor for tomorrow!

Stacie, it's a deal! Way to go on the school decision. Wootwoot!

Shammah: Good luck today with the surgery!

Stacie: Congrats on your decision to go back to school. One week will go by quickly...hang in there!

Morning banders!

Day 4 and all is going swimmingly! Normally, my first week on Atkins and I'm bitchy, irritable, and craving carbs like mad. Nothing this time! It's already day 4 and I have so much energy and feel great! No cravings at all! I don't know if the band has anything to do with the fact that I'm not stuffing myself constantly with Protein the way I did in the past during this first week, but I'm also not feeling the desire to eat as of yesterday which means I had to actually force myself to make a meal. It amazes me when I actually get off the carbs at how crazy carbs make me!

I don't know whether I'm at my sweet spot but I can still take normal sized bites, although I have to chew well or I start sliming.

oops...gotta take the husband to work cuz I need the car today. Have a good one everyone.

Melody

I forgot to mention my NSV moment this morning. I went into the bathroom this morning to brush my teeth and hair and as my eyes looked into the mirror, I noticed that not only is the slight puffiness in my face gone (almost looks slender!), but my eyes are bright and clear and I look healthier and happier than I have in a long time! Also, even tho the scales aren't moving that much, I tried on my vacation clothes (new) this morning to make sure I hadn't bloated my belly since I bought them and they're *loose*! Not sloppy loose, but very comfortably loose!

I told my husband that I am sticking to Atkins while we're at Disney (since there are cafes and restaurants serving healthy foods). Also, with all the walking we'll be doing (6 day unlimited pass 3 of the parks and a husband who never says quit)...I figure we'll hit the parks at 10 a.m. and my husband won't want to stop until they close so I should come home lighter from all the activity!

Yeah baby!

Great NSV Melody!

Oh, your trip sounds so fun! Atkins will be so much better for your trip. Going in very tight band mode would not be easy.

Oh God. I have a date. Oh God oh God oh God. Naturally i's the week before my period and I can't eat a thing...I willDIE if I puke on my first skinny date.

Oh God. I have a date. Oh God oh God oh God. Naturally i's the week before my period and I can't eat a thing...I willDIE if I puke on my first skinny date.

ROFLMAO! Relax, Christie, and just have fun!

ROFLMAO! Relax, Christie, and just have fun!

OMG! That is great! I agree, relax and enjoy yourself.

This counts as an NSV!

Christie,

So, did you go on your date or is this something coming up? If you already had it, how did it go?!

Melody

Good morning, banders! I'm starting Day 5 and feel fabuloso! I'm afraid even to say it lest I jinx myself but I have had absolutely none of the usual first week of Atkins Induction bitchiness, irritability, muscle twitching and carb craving! Oh I did have a nagging headache for 2 days but that went away. I had one or two moments when I just wanted to give in...not because I was craving but because I just wanted it...but I resisted! Yea me!

Another NSV moment...my husband put his arms around me to say goodbye when he went off to work and said, "Hmmm...you've lost some weight." Woohoo!

I think the only problem I'm having is that my feet ache and, I know this sounds ridiculous, but I think it's because I'm holding absolutely no excess Fluid and they're feeling 'fragile'. I really wish I could find a way to hold a bit more Water than I am right now.

Lots to do today to get ready for my trip. Three more days! I am so geeked!