Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Christie, aint that the way??? Happens to me, too. Except for me, I just ponder a fill and I get "tighter than a crab's buttocks."

For me, the mesh "fell" out of my mouth today. Aaahhhh...wonderful! Much better. I can now say that I am on the mend. The canker is about healed, and the pain nearly gone. Boy, I never want to go through that again. Band surgery was easier than this!

Man, it sure seems like all I have done this year is complain. What a wimp! sheesh

So, I am ready for some good times, yeah!

I am due to head to Atlanta, GA in October for a meeting. I don't seem to travel well lately, so here's hoping! :thumbup:

Edited to say: Ok, I have never traveled well, all the way back 20 years to my honeymoon, 103 degree fever, flu, blah. Had bronchitis on a cruise, had my appendix out in Florida, a cold in Hawaii. Recently, the sinus infection in New Orleans that led to the c.diff. infection. I should lock myself in my house and never leave!

Edited by Cocoabean

Well its like this, can't exercise everyday when I was able to it was great I enjoy a brisk 2 mile walk, but the economy has forced me to keep my business and a real retirement is a dream the rebublicans have stole. I was banded June 6th of 2008 1 was near or at 340lbs I am 6'1" I am at 285 and have fluxed here and up to 296 and back. I had 3 fills and I have never had the full feeling they speak of.

I should have went with the bypass rather than the band and you know 99% of Insurance Companies don't cover these procedures.

So if anyone out there has a tip please enlighten me.

I would really like to see 220 some day.

Take care all, Dave.

If anyone wishes to reply direct (prvtdetdave@hotmail.com)

Hi Dave,

If you have never felt the full feeling that people talk about why did you stop at 3 fills? Maybe you needed 4?

It sounds like you are not getting the best from your band. When was the last time you went to your lapband doc?

I can't help you with the insurance thing as I have not had insurance for several years and had to work hard and pay cash for surgery.

The republicans and the dems are both doing a good job at messing up my dreams as well, but that kind of talk will work out much better for you in the "rants and raves" forums here on LBT.

With the info you gave my tip for you would be to go back to your band Dr. and get a fill so you can use the band the way it is intended. Maybe it would help if you started over with a review of the types of food you should be eating for weightloss. I know I tend to slip back to the high cal foods easily.

Hi Dave,

If you have never felt the full feeling that people talk about why did you stop at 3 fills? Maybe you needed 4?

It sounds like you are not getting the best from your band. When was the last time you went to your lapband doc?

I can't help you with the insurance thing as I have not had insurance for several years and had to work hard and pay cash for surgery.

The republicans and the dems are both doing a good job at messing up my dreams as well, but that kind of talk will work out much better for you in the "rants and raves" forums here on LBT.

With the info you gave my tip for you would be to go back to your band Dr. and get a fill so you can use the band the way it is intended. Maybe it would help if you started over with a review of the types of food you should be eating for weightloss. I know I tend to slip back to the high cal foods easily.

I did the same as far as paying for it myself. I will go back and see the Doc, but it was my impression after a fill I should have had that full feeling for a little while after each adjustment. I'll try once more. Also (lol) any place is a good place to bash a republican. Take care and thank you.

I agree with HB...go back and get another fill. I didn't get any type of full feeling until I was at 7cc...not even a temporary one. We're all unique. Some people get temporary restriction after each fill...some of us never do. Some people get to their sweet spot at 3cc...some of us are over 7 cc.

If you are still hungry and can still eat to excess...get a fill...and keep doing that until you get to your sweet spot where you feel restricted.

Good luck. ;-)

Good morning, folks! It's going to be a glorious day here in Michigan. It's supposed to be 83 today and no humidity which should feel good after a week of rain and temps in the 60's. I plan on spending it in the yard doing my end of year garden/yard/shed cleanup.

I canceled my fill for this morning because I woke up, took a gulp of Water and spent the next 30 seconds wondering if I was going to suffocate or drown as the Water decided it wasn't going down but was having difficulty coming back up. Since I had restriction all day yesterday as well, I've decided to exercise (Ooooo...see I do exercise!) some patience and hold off on any more fills until after I come back from Disney on Oct 9th.

Christie, glad you're feeling better!

Elfie, I love your exercise routine!!!

I think the idea to postpone the fill is a good one! Would be a total drag to have troubles while on vacation.

I've had to postpone 2 fills due to vacations. I'd rather be a bit hungrier than stuck on a trip!

Oh, and I did get stuck while we were driving in our motorhome once. Ever try urping into a moving toilet???? Yeah, that was WAY fun. I knew better than to eat a croissant!

Hey just checking in. Waiting for Sept 28 for the flip port manually thing. I actually do not want much of a fill (I know--after longing for one) but I leave for my cruise 3 days later. I am so not going to be on the ship and cannot eat. So I am going to take a small fill or nothing at all.

I will check back in that day. I foolishly agreed to read to children at Barnes and Noble after the procedure. So if I am in pain, the can keep the biscuit the dog book or whatever it is called. I know it is about a dog name bisucit, but I am taking my no biscuit eating self home.

Good morning, folks...

Well I'm 10 days away from leaving for Disney and wouldn't you know it but my husband has been contagiously sick for the last two days. I'm throwing hot honey tea and food through the door and told him he's not allowed out of the bedroom until he's better...and I'm sleeping on the couch. I *will not* get this ick and get sick in time to spend my week in a Florida hotel room! So far, so good.

I've been doing beautifully since my last fill almost 2 weeks ago. Dropped another 5 pounds so I'm closing in on Onederland...again. It was so frustrating to be in Onderland and then gain almost 15 pounds back due to being overfilled and eating slider (high carb/high calorie) foods to deal with the hunger from not being able to eat. Fortunately I didn't gain any more in the 7 weeks after my unfill. I'm not worried about whether or not I'll make it before Disney because I'm just thrilled to be losing again.

Yes, Denise, I have tried to urp in a moving toilet. Only it wasn't a gentle 'let the slime come back up with the offending stuck food', it was a real gusher pre-band. I should've opened the little trap door but didn't, so can we say "rebound"? I won't go into detail except to say that we had to pull into a rest area so I could wash my hair...and the rest of me...in the sink. My sweet husband wiped down the mess in the bathroom. Next time he can pull over and I'll hurl by the side of the road.

Shad, I can relate. I bypassed my fill this past Tuesday, but now two days later am once again not restricted...but have no intention of getting a fill 4 days before I leave for Disney. The idea of getting something stuck and then heaving into a nicely landscaped bush with thousands of witnesses just does not appeal.

Looks to be another nice day today so, weather permitting, I'm going to finish up my yard work.

Oh...an NSV moment the other day. Last summer, I paid my son and his buddy to do all this stuff because after 15 minutes my back ached so badly that I had to just sit down and supervise. This year I'm doing it all myself with just a bit of help from my son in moving heavy stuff (arthritis in my thumbs makes it unsafe for me to lift them...which is how I lost my Sophie :smile2:).

Ok..off to get some stuff done...

HI guys! Checking in --sorry I too am one of the ones popping in to read, but haven't been able to post daily. Have major issues going on at work with a huge PITA of a client. It's been a nightmare! I think of you all often, my crew--and I miss you every day!

Denise, I'm hoping the saga with your teeth has come to an end. Christie--did I see you lost a pound or two? Yeah! Elfie--nice to see you on here. Leigha-CONGRATS on the jailbreak and your NSVs. I say you deserve some wine, girly :-)! Shammah-- you're in my prayers for the 28th. I hope everything goes smoothly.

My greedy butt just got back from what I thought was going to be a fill, but my doc told me I was crazy and had perfect restriction. Hmmmpfh. Okay, but now I can eat bread and have a 10 ounce lunch every day. Ugh. Pouch is unstretched and I am fine. He told me to try behavior modification to help me. LOL Yeah. Maybe it's all in my head. Need to get back to basics and start exercising again. Haven't had any time lately with work, kids, soccer games (assistant coaching my daughter's team plus my son is in a separate league), bridal shows and gigs (second job). Hell, I should weigh 2 lbs with all this crap LOL!

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm thinking of you and wishing you continued success! I will try to be around more after this latest project from hell wraps up!

--Karen xo

Shad, I have urped on a cruise ship, no fun! You are wise to not get an aggressive fill just before you go.

Elfie, you made me spit on my computer! Lauging with you, of course!! I've had the backsplash in a public toilet, never in the motorhome, wah!

Karen! Good to see you! Man, if we were good at behavior modification, we'd not have needed bands. Gotta love it.

I just came from the periodontist's office. Doing well. He said I am not 100% healed, no kidding? :biggrin: I don't have to go back for two whole weeks. After that, two months. Then they do an x-ray to check on the bone graft.

I am thinking I am going to pass on the implant. This has been just so much fun, NOT!

I haven't noticed much difference from my latest fill, perhaps a little bit more restriction. This is better than too much restriction.

Anyway, we are going to the beach this weekend, yay! Butters is very much looking forward to it.

I have never been to Disney.....FL or CA. I would love to see one of them some day before I have to go through in a wheelchair because I'll be 100 and it will be my last birthday wish. There are many places I have not seen. I always have to do something else with money when I have it.(like pay for lapband)

Okay so I'm probably going to hell (and be banned from LBT for all of eternity) for this....but if anyone is interested in purchasing some boy scout popcorn send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the link. The entire thing can be done on-line and delivered straight to your door (sorry, always wanted to use that line). They do have light so it's not all bad (I however ordered cheese...far from light). And keep in mind it's for a good cause!

And please forgive me for posting this!!!!

And now back to our regularly scheduled program. Steve is a tempermental brat, if he was my child he'd NEVER get out of timeout.

LOL.

Yes straight to hell for you. I discovered yesterday when I took my son to movies that popcorn is a slider food! I suppose the only good thing is that I ate it instead of lunch not as well as lunch.< /p>

Love reading this thread but rarely contribute. Some of the things make me laugh as I have been there, done that.

e.g. Having to urp on the side of the road. Not fun.

I recently switched Dr's as I am scheduled for a hysterectomy at the end of Oct. 1hr+ drive each way is OK for an unfill but I decided it was going to be a problem to get refilled especially as I will be restricted from driving for a while. Was lucky enough to find a Dr that would take me on that is closer.He unfilled me to see how much was in my band and I was surprised , apparently I had 5ml but have no idea how. Previous Dr's didn't like giving total fill amounts but if I added up what they said they put in each time it should have come to less than that.He added another .5 so I am now sitting at 5.5ml. Pretty comfortable and can eat most things but at least I am not getting hungry as quickly as before.He is going to unfill 2 days before the op and will visit me in hospital to refill.

It is school holidays here so we are going to Tasmania for a week with friends, we leave tomorrow.

We have recently had some really good rain which is great considering we have had a drought for goodness knows how many years. Of course as they say "It never rains, it pours" and it did just that. Had nightmares that my house might float away. The dam in our front garden did join up with the one next door but luckily it didn't reach the house.Our local golf course was amazing though. the river burst it's banks and the course was turned into a lake. It was an amazing sight.

All the best to everyone. hope the holidays, teeth, fills, marathons etc all go really well.

Lynn

Denise: Beach? Geez...it's almost October!

HB: I couldn't afford Disney either because we barely scraped up enough money to send my youngest son on his senior trip to Italy. He then spent 6 months arranging our trip with his two brothers and my husband's siblings for our 20th anniversary. I'm going to really enjoy this vacation because I didn't have to pay for it (thus feeling guilty at all the things I could/should have spent the money on).

Christie: Don't make me hurt you. popcorn is my weakness so I don't even have it in the house. Yes I knew it was a slider food.

Lynn: Congrats on finding a doctor closer to you and I'm jealous of your trip to Tasmania! Have fun!

Well, think I'm off to bed. My middle son (the one in the Army) is getting married tomorrow morning. He and his fiancee decided to do a very quiet ceremony at the courthouse with just us and her parents since he's being deployed to the middle east in two weeks. The official wedding will take place in the spring when he comes home on leave. So guess I'd better get my beauty sleep.