Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

NSV! had to share.

I have not lost a pound in awhile, but must still taking off some inches.

My size medium scrubs are very baggy now!

Last week I went and bought a pair of jeans. St. Johns Bay brand size 12. They fit really nice. I wore them last weekend and every time I passes the mirror I was shocked at how thin they made me look. Yesterday after I pulled them out of the dryer I was sure they shrank up so much I would never be able to wear them. I held them up and they looked so tiny. I was thinking, "oh crap, I can't return them after I already washed them. I thought they were 'rinsed' and would not shrink." Well, I decided to try them on and see just how much they shrank. OMG! They zipped up and fit perfect! My brain just still needs to catch up.

Congrats HB! WTG!

Good Morning, one and all !! I've missed you all sooo much!! It's been a crazy month for me... lots going on.

First of all, had a bad virus in my computer and had to send it away. That took 2 weeks, so I was off of everything. Then, I got a part time job ( 7 hours a week) working at Gordman's in the Maternity section. Thats been going pretty well. Then, I got a real job !! I've been in training for the past 3 weeks, and today is my first real day with my regular schedule! :-) I got a job with eHarmony... I'm in a call center. Not a job I really wanted, as I;ve done call center before with Amazon.com, but the pay totally kicks ass, AND it has amazing benifits. They kick in on Nov 1. SWEET! I can finally go back to my dr and check things out :-)

So, last week I hit ONEDERLAND !!! WOOT! i weighed in at 198 LOL ... ok, so today i'm at 201, but confident it will go down again. I've been stuck at the same weight for the past 6 months or so...

NSV - bought a new pair of jeans, and got into a 14/16 instead of an 18 !!! I cried in the store like a baby... LOL . And my tops are an X-L in misses now, instead of 1x or 2x in plus sizes. I've come a long way from wearing 28 pants and 24 tops ! My 2 year bandiversary is in October. I'm hoping to be able to stay in Onderland so I have even MORE to Celebrate !

I've missed you all SO much! It seems like alot has been happening... I;ve been keeping up a bit, but no where near as much as I should.

I plan to be a "regular" regular again :-)

Well, it's 5:15, and i need to head to work. i'm working 6am - 2:30 pm, then working 3 - 6 on mondays and 3-7 on thursdays at Gordman's. ...

I'll be checking in again this evening.

It feels so great to be back !!!!! :wub::tt2::lol::w00t::wub::thumbup::w00t::):w00t::thumbup::blink::tt1:

Bobbie!!!! I'm so glad everything is okay! It sounds like while you've had a lot going on, there has been some really good things happening! Wooohoo on onederland girl, you go!!!! Congrats on both your scale and NSVs. You've done so amazingly well considering you haven't been able to be seen by the doctor in awhile. Hope time flies until Nov 1 when your new insurance kicks in. Congrats on the new job!!!!

Great to 'see' you!

Hey guys! Checking in! Sorry, work is running me ragged :-(!

Bob--nice to see your update! Congrats on 217. Don't you hate it when those same 1-2 pounds keep playing with you???

Denise--how's your toothache? Anything with the teeth I dread. Hope you get in to see a dentist right away!

Leigha--holy crap--pass that additional weight loss my way, will you? I have 12 lbs left and honestly i have been between 159 and 161 for the past 3 weeks. I am doing evertyhing I should be (although somewhat slacking on exercise) and way fearful of another fill. $11 socks?!? I agree with Denise, I must see these things. Are they diamoned encrusted ;-)?

Shammah--I'm so sorry to hear about your port issues. You are in my thoughts. Are you experiencing any pain? My heart goes out to you!

Christie, Stacie --how are things?

I hope everyone is doing well. I really miss you all and hope this blasted project I'm working on calms down soon so I can spend more time catching up with you guys.

--K xo

Hey guys, I'm fine, just busy. I've decided I'm officially on a weight loss break, which means I'm exercising a little and watching what I eat a little but not really putting my effort into it right now. Mostly I'm just being lazy. However! It is nice to know that i can sit where I am with just a tiny bit of restriction and maintain without really any effort. Again, mostly I'm just being lazy but a few weeks down the line I'll get my butt back out and start working on it again. Sometimes life is just gets in the way, ya know?

I will say I get excited every time I pull clothes out of the dryer, I look at these almost normal looking size 16s (especially the jeans) and get all giddy and goofy)...when I hit a 12 I'll be insane (er).

Keep up the good work!

Hello everyone!

Bobbie, great to hear from you and that good things have been going on!

Christie, a break is allowed. No worries!

Shad, thinking of you for the port flip, sounds gruesome...wah

As for me....well, tooth, or gum, actually, still hurts. When I was brushing my teeth yesterday it opened and drained yucky stuff. Feels a bit better. The tooth itself does not hurt, so I am hopeful I won't need a root canal. I have a cleaning appointment a few days after we get home. I am scared to take antibiotics after what happened in April with that whole c.diff. infection after a round of them. Oh well.

Mouth pain works almost as well as restriction for food intake! :)

Denise, If you had drainage you really do need the antibiotics. Sometimes the drainage does help the pain ease because it releases some of the pressure, but the infection is still there. It is not good to just leave it without taking antibiotics. Penicillin works well with dental infections (if you are not allergic). There is a chance the infection could be carried in your bloodstream and cause a bacterial infection in another part of the body. The most common places for this to happen is in the heart and in implant areas such as knee and hip replacements. (not sure if the band falls in there with those)

Thanks, HB, was hoping you'd add some advice. It drained again today, and I am convinced I need dental intervention. Just trying to make it until I get home next week. Will call tomorrow and make appointment for earlier in the week than my cleaning on Friday. I have been doing salt Water rinses, and it feels "better" but not great.

I am still worried about the antibiotics, but I am still on the Probiotics. Hopefully I won't get a repeat of the c.diff. We are at the end of the fiscal year and work is avout to become crazy!

Of course I don't know without looking at the tooth or an x-ray, but if you have good bone around the tooth, and a few other details come in to consider, it sounds like you need root canal therapy. Break out the checkbook or credit card. sorry. If you don't have good bone around the tooth or if the tooth is split beyond repair you may need an extraction, but we won't go there ...... root canal is better.

I know nothing about probiotics or c.diff. Maybe the probiotics are helping it. Maybe if you had not taken the other antibiotics and now the probiotics, the pain would be worse.

Edited by Humming Bird

It is strange, the tooth itself has no pain. I've had teeth go bad that needed root canals and thet were incredibly painful. This is only the gum. Except when I ran the waterpik behind the tooth, it caused some pain. But not like the hot/cold pain I've felt before. The gum that is swollen hurts, yes, but it is not excruciating.

I had xrays about a year and a half ago and all looked well, so here's hoping! We head home Saturday, and arrive Sunday. Hopefully I can see the dentist Monday and get treatment started...whatever it is.....right now...dentures sound good.......ok, not!

Thank you for all the info.

OOPS! I think I may have taken shopping therapy to a new level for myself today. My schedule fell apart and I had several hours to kill ...........:biggrin:

But look what I got during the shopping therapy !

post-270429-13813139529898_thumb.jpg

post-270429-13813139530201_thumb.jpg

I like it!

HB wins the shopping therapy prize!!! Woohoo!! Well done!

Very nice! I love the RAV 4. They are sooooo cute! I have it's bigger brother the 4runner. I dearly love it. 110,000 miles and I don't want to part with it!

OOPS! I think I may have taken shopping therapy to a new level for myself today. My schedule fell apart and I had several hours to kill ...........:biggrin:

But look what I got during the shopping therapy !

[ATTACH]20091[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20092[/ATTACH]

LOVE IT!!!

Christie-good to hear that you are giving yourself a break. I wish I wasn't so dang hard on myself and could let myself just be without obsessing over things.

Karen-I'm doing pretty good...not sure if I will make my Labor Day Challenge goal, but I will be close to it. Hope your little one is feeling better!!!

Denise-hope that it is just an infection and no bad side effects!!

Me-today I ate lunch and then threw it up over an hour later. I felt fine right after eating, but then like an hour later I was salivating and not even a PB...full on barf! I hate that cause then I worry that I hurt my band. I really hate the week before Mother Nature visits...my damn band is so tight for like 1 1/2 weeks a month! And then the heartburn and acid reflux at night...then right after Mother Nature leaves I am fine and can eat too much:sneaky::thumbup::frown::laugh:!!! How is everyone doing?

Those darn long lunch breaks are killing my pocketbook.

Not only am I making zero $$ during that time, but I am spending money. It's a drag to have a 2-4 hour lunch break and can only eat 1/2 - 1 cup of food. I had not really planned on buying a car. I was going to keep my old one through this winter. Oh well, the little red RAV4 was calling my name. I was just killing time test driving cars to see what kind I would like to get this next spring. Then the shopping therapy feelings took over .... I was powerless against them.

Stoopid freaking hormones. I haven't had any problems at all, in fact if anything eating too much too easily until this week and now that mother nature is creeping up on me I'm all tight and stuggling again. I may have to do a week of mushies/liquids every month.

Grumble, grumble, grumble, whine.