Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Congrats everyone on the losses!

Christie-hope Steve is behaving himself

Elfie-I LOVE THE NEW AVATAR! Little piggy is so cute :)

Denise-let us know the results when you know!

OMG I AM STILL GAINING WEIGHT! So, whoever is losing right now, stop it, cause you are giving it to me! :)

Got on the scale last night...should not have done that after PF Chang's!

Dang, I NEEEED that fill. Will be calling doc tomorrow now that the Upper GI is done. I also see my endocrinologist tomorrow. I am going to ask if we can up my thyroid hormone dosage more. I am still on the low end of normal.

Cocoa-it's Leigha...she gave up wine and is losing your share of the weight!

Steve is behaving decently. Days are pretty good, I can actually eat Breakfast (which typically is the first thing to go when I get a fill) and evenings are tough. I'm sitting here right now contemplating what I won't eat this evening. Of course horones are in full swing and all I can think of is chocolate covered pretzels, thank God there are none anywhere near.

We went to a roller skating party today and I won't be able to walk tomorrow.

::): why are weekends so short????

Cocoa-it's Leigha...she gave up wine and is losing your share of the weight!

Ooooooooh, that Leeeetle Steeenkah!!! Leigha, have some wine, will ya? Hee hee!

Have any of you all had this problem?? If I sit for a while in one position, my port will start to feel like it is ripping. Almost like the stitches are ripping out of my abdomen. It's been almost 8 months since surgery and it still does this. We went to a baseball game Friday and this started after sitting there for a few hours...and once it starts it takes it a while to go away again. Still doing it every once in a while today. I asked the dr once and they didn't seem real concerned, so I guess it's just something I have to live with. I'll take it though anyday over how I was :). Just wondering if anyone else experiences this.

Stacie, nope, never heard of it :) Mine gets a little achy anytime I do something different physically mine gets a little sore for a day or two but nothing like you're describing. Sorry!

Denise-I've always agreed, when I lose someone else is gaining somewhere, when I gain, someone else is losing... Somewhere on the flip side of this are a whole lot of people putting on a whole lot of weight that we (collectively) as kicking butt losing. From the looks of things, it's a bunch of teenagers in arkansas, sadly enough.

Denise, It's not mine. I did PF Chang 3 weeks ago and my loss stopped as well. I have been bouncing back and forth from 220 to 223. 219 is my next goal and it is taunting me. Don't let it get you down, I'm not. There is plenty of evidence showing that weight loss is more prevalent during the colder seasons.

Stacie, I have had no pain whatsoever from my port or any of my incision. It's worth a call to your surgeon.

Leigha, my diet is liquids only and meant for binging, not every day use. :thumbup:

See Bob, I am an overachiever, if one is good every day is better!

Stacie-- Nice new pics on facebook! And I don't have any port pain either. However it does stick out.

I have decided that I am through trying to lose weight. I went shopping yesterday and I was nervous to try on a pair of size 6 Levi's because I knew if they didn't fit I would get my feelings hurt but I went ahead and they were too big. So I got a pair of 4's and they fit perfectly! I had no idea I could wear a size 4 so I think that is small enough so I am going to declare myself at goal and start maintaining here. I am not interested in being a 2. Here is a picture of me in my new pants.

post-281008-13813139485528_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139485978_thumb.jpg

I have decided that I am through trying to lose weight.

Good for you!!

A few of us have commented on how you don't look like you need to lose any more. You look great!!

Leigha-you are gorgeous and perfect just as you are. Stay healthy, be happy, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Leigha, that is fantastic! Congrats!

I got on the scale last night and was down 3 pounds, back to what I normally am at night. So it must have been PF Changs bloat. (Or the fact that Leigha decide to quit losing!--Thank you!)

Stacie, I have port pain sometimes, but I can't say what brings it on. It is more of an ache than a tearing or ripping pain.

Saw my endocrinologist today, he upped my thyroid dose. Hoping that will help me to drop a few, but I doubt it. Did not get a chance to call my surgeon to schedule my fill. Just flat ran out of time.

Bob, my losses always came in stops and starts. Drop 3 or 4 then stall a while, then drop more then stall, then gain, then stall.

It got boring as all get out. You'll get there! Just carry one of your dogs around for a while, that ought to do it!

Stacie-- Nice new pics on facebook! And I don't have any port pain either. However it does stick out.

I have decided that I am through trying to lose weight. I went shopping yesterday and I was nervous to try on a pair of size 6 Levi's because I knew if they didn't fit I would get my feelings hurt but I went ahead and they were too big. So I got a pair of 4's and they fit perfectly! I had no idea I could wear a size 4 so I think that is small enough so I am going to declare myself at goal and start maintaining here. I am not interested in being a 2. Here is a picture of me in my new pants.

[ATTACH]19964[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19965[/ATTACH]

WOW! :thumbup: Leigha ! Those jeans look great on you!

I think this looks like a good goal weight for you too.

I would be very happy in a size 11 tall. As I've said before, my skeletal remains are larger than a size 6.

Edited by Humming Bird

[ATTACH]19964[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19965[/ATTACH]

Leigha-you look AWESOME! I personally don't think anyone needs to be a 2. I forgot to tell you all of my NSV and you reminded me. I went shopping this weekend and decided for shits and giggles that I would see how far I was from a size 12 jeans....and they FIT! Not even the too tight gonna have to zip them with pliers :thumbup:.

Denise-chinese does that to me every time! Must be all the salt or something

PrincessSophie.jpg

I've not been doing so well the past 4 days. My 4 year old dog, Sophie, died last Friday afternoon and I've been spending the last 4 days alternately crying and eating. Ice cream seems to be my 'go to' comfort food. I *know* I shouldn't be eating for comfort but losing my little girl has really knocked my pins out from under me. I feel like I've lost a child. :(

I'm going to try to do better today. I've dumped the remaining ice cream in the trash. Getting on the scale this morning helped because I was horrified at how much weight a person can gain in 4 days. How come it doesn't come off that fast? Sadly, since my last unfill I do not have any restriction at all so I've been able to eat horrific amounts of food. I'm going to try to do better today.

I haven't been able to do my walk since Friday because I just lose it. Sophie was my walking companion. I tried to walk this morning while it was still cool, but just couldn't do it. Let's face it...I hate to walk at any time and this just makes it worse. Sophie at least made my walks somewhat enjoyable. Now they're just a reminder of her.

Sorry for not commenting on other posts this morning. Just too tired and depressed right now.

PrincessSophie.jpg

I've not been doing so well the past 4 days. My 4 year old dog, Sophie, died last Friday afternoon and I've been spending the last 4 days alternately crying and eating. Ice cream seems to be my 'go to' comfort food. I *know* I shouldn't be eating for comfort but losing my little girl has really knocked my pins out from under me. I feel like I've lost a child. :(

I'm going to try to do better today. I've dumped the remaining ice cream in the trash. Getting on the scale this morning helped because I was horrified at how much weight a person can gain in 4 days. How come it doesn't come off that fast? Sadly, since my last unfill I do not have any restriction at all so I've been able to eat horrific amounts of food. I'm going to try to do better today.

I haven't been able to do my walk since Friday because I just lose it. Sophie was my walking companion. I tried to walk this morning while it was still cool, but just couldn't do it. Let's face it...I hate to walk at any time and this just makes it worse. Sophie at least made my walks somewhat enjoyable. Now they're just a reminder of her.

Sorry for not commenting on other posts this morning. Just too tired and depressed right now.

Elfie, I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts. Believe me, I understand how much so they are your children. You take the time you need to grieve (and I seriously commend you for throwing out what's left of that ice cream---I probably would have eaten it all).

(((HUGS)))