Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Okay been away for awhile. The new job has been a whirlwind--promoted to principal btw--five weeks until teachers come back and six until the children fill the halls!!! (Need a smiley with its hair on top of his head, but this one will have to do:ohmy: or this one:eek:

Thanks Bob and congrats Cryst/HB--Things have been so crazy I did not even realize I had hit the century mark!--I never count, when I tell people how much I have lost, the 30lbs I lost before the pre-op diet so I had not technically considered myself at 100 (have thought often of taking it off my ticker). I don't want people to think I lost 100lbs in six months! Not that 70 something is not something to be proud of, but I do not want them to get unrealistice expectations of the band.

Denise--no fill in a year certainly proves you have used the tool and deserve a fill. Hope GI goes well

Stacie--much success with the 5k...one day when I hit onederland perhaps

Leigha--so sorry to hear about your friend. You all will be in my prayers that the best decision is made

Karen--yeah on the 10! Not planning to get there (but hey it could happen) so I will live vicariously through you for now

Christie and Denise--can relate to the bad eating--the job threw everything off track including food and exercise--got to get back on the grind next week--didn't gain but have not loss. I so past due a fill for "Phil" but you all know his story. He is hungry and can eat a lot if I do not pull the reigns on him

Donna--welcome very good attainable goals!

I'm sure I missed some folks--sorry

For all my stress, planning some "retail therapy" sessions at the end of the month.:smile:

Thanks for the good wishes, Pricipal Shad!

Wow, got on the scale this morning...up 5 lbs!!!! :scared2::cursing:

Yikes!!! Yes, definitely time for a fill. Of course, I go looking at LAP-BAND sites and read that erosion's biggiest symptoms are increased appetite and weight gain, and happens after the 2 year mark. GREAT. Just had to scare myself.

I have identified one contributing behavioral problem, that will now be corrected. I have been enjoying some Mike's Hard Lemonade lately...yummy, it's summer!! :smile:

Looed them up online, EACH contains 220 calories! :tt2: Holy Moly!! They will be moved to the 'rarely enjoyed' list. Being as they are not really on my surgeon's list of approved items, that is probably a good idea.

Anyway, otherwise, life is good!

p.s. DH (in this case, dratted hubby) made me update my ticker, because to leave it at 145 would not be truthful. :smile:

Just when I think Steve has snuck out in the middle of the night and gone fishing, WHAM, he reminds me he's still there. Nice to have ya back old buddy, nice to have ya back.

Good morning everyone!

Christie-- Glad Steve is back to doing his job.

Denise-- I can't decide whether its good to change the ticker or bad.

Principal Shad-- Maybe we should share that name with your students. :)

Donna-- Were glad your here. I am with you on the small goals. I get overwhelmed on long term stuff. Have you joined the Labor Day challenge thread?

I have a new use for my french fry cutter. I used it on zucchini and squash and then sautéed it in olive oil for a few seconds (don't overcook) with mushrooms and onions. Its really good and band friendly for me.

(That is Rob's plate not mine!)

post-281008-13813139467715_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139468025_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139468453_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139468863_thumb.jpg

Leigha, that plate looks amazing! Yummy!

I am not sure on the ticker argument either. Because I am not really sure if it is a true 5 lb gain or just temporary.

TOM arrived yesterday afternoon, 6 days late..bloat?

And, my weight is back to where it was before I got that horrid intestinal infection back in April.

I dunno, the next couple of weeks will be intersting. Waiting for my surgeon's office to call back with an Upper GI and fill date....

Welcome to the thread, Donna. Congrats on your surgery, and your goal sounds wonderful--short ones make for a great experience, like baby steps, but you will get there!!

Denise--gotta love the hubs for keeping us straight, right? Ugh. I honestly think that gain has something to do with TOM. I would wait until that unwanted visitor leaves and check again. I LOVE the Mike's Hard Lemonade too! I find them best after a fill when I'm on my liquid diet and can't eat any solids--then I KNOW I have the calories to spare LOL

Shammah--Principal...well excuse me LOL! You go with your bad self girl! SO proud of you!!! It won't be long before those little snot nose punks are infesting your halls once again, so enjoy the desolate sound of your shoes clicking down the hall ;-)

Stacie--YOU GO on the 14! That is awesome!!!!

Christie--Glad Steve is back. It was so nice of him to remind you that he never left you :-)

Leigha-that plate looks YUMMY!! I hit my head on the computer trying to jump through the screen and take a bite LOL! I said prayers for you and your friend yesterday at church. He is in my thoughts...

So, I am thinking I might just about be ready to no longer be slave to my Body Bugg. I LOVE it, don't get me wrong, but it's almost as though, I have things figured out in terms of what I need to do exercise/activity wise to get to my burn goals (plus I look much better in a tank top without the band around my arm LOL). Logging my food is crazy too because nothing is in the data base, and it's sure easy enough to just purchase thedailyplate.com app on my iPhone and continue to log my calorie intake that way like I used to before the BB. I can't see paying to use that site either after my free subscription ends. Don't get me wrong, it's an AWESOME tool and I LOVE it! It helped me really see the science of what I needed to do to see results. I just think now, with 20 lbs to go to goal, I have established a pretty solid activity regimen to get the daily burn totals I need. Am I crazy? This thing is like my security blanket, so I am thinking it over very carefully LOL If anyone has thoughts on this, I'd LOVE to hear them!!!

I admire you for setting small goals makes it more realistic. I was also banded on the 12th. Still having some gas pains issues in shoulder and incisions are still sore because i still have staples but over all im feeling alot better. Thanks for sharing how u set ur weight loss goals I think thats how Im gonna approach this as well. Good Luck to u and ur family

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Got to get back on the routine--we are on summer hours which means we work 10hr days but we are off on Fridays. I am not used to getting home at 6:30-7:00. Usually I have worked out by then and the eating dinner.

Karen--I think that is really good about not needing the BB--to me that means it has become a way of life, natural, so you don't need it as much. Good for you!

Leigha--yummy. Principal shad--not bad if shad was not a fish! I am usually Miss B--I hoping it has not meant bitch all this time--actually I wouldn't care if it did lol

Christie--glad Steve has been walking the straight and narrow

Denise--pooh on the 5lbs--I don't know--my ticker probably would have stayed the same lol

Jayden & Donna-Welcome to our little group (clique???:lol:) I can't wait to hear all about your journies! And yes I think that small goals are the way to go. They seem so attainable that way.

Leigha-that is a GREAT idea for the french fry maker thingy!! It looks so yum :eek:. I have been praying that your friend makes whatever choice is best for him as well and thinking about you!

Christie-so glad to hear that Steve has not totally abandoned you!

Denise-I say it's a combo of TOM and sickness...you'll get on the scale next week and it will be gone (the power of positive thinking :biggrin:)

Shad-PRINCIPAL SHAD :bolt:You would've hated me. lol I was honor roll, but was always skipping. Congrats and remember to save time for YOU! And retail therapy is so nice now huh?

Karen-wow so close to your goal! You go girl lol

Bob-are you lost in your uncut grass??? did the rats get you?? lol

Anyone I missed---HI!!! :)

That whole bob and the rat saga...ewww, ewww, ewww...

I took my ticker back to 75 pounds which is where I was pre-dehydration (and what I was back to the day after the unfill and 24 hours of heavy drinking (in the good way of course). I will NOT add back on the 2-3 I've gained since because they're temporary, really, they are, I promise!!! The 5 was just Fluid and never really gone, just wishful thinking :tt2:

Congrats principal Shad!!! If we're bad we don't get detention do we?

And welcome newbies!!! Congrats on your decision and progress so far, banded life is an interesting little journey, enjoy!

Mornin' everyone!

Shad, had hubby not sat down next to me, the ticker would have stayed the same :tt2: I called him over to look at the trend that most of last year I was hovering around 150. He said that to not enter that day's weight would not show the trend of recent days. He was right in that. I suppose I could have just recorded the weight and not updated the ticker....oh well.

But take a look today!! I came in to work late, so I hopped on the scale! Down 1! Oh yeah! Back under 150, which is what I REALLY like to see, the rest is gravy...well, ok, I want to see 145 again, but was a great relief to see it go back down!

Husband reality check #2:

Me: I am considering another fill, but since I have been doing so well and can eat almost anything I cant decide.

Rob: You don't need a fill, your eating is fine, if you stopped drinking wine completely, you would lose those last pounds.:tt2:

Boy do I hate it when they are so right.

Leigha, that is a great one! Tee hee!

This one I truly loved...

Me: I really DO need a fill, my appetite has increased.

Don: Yes, I agree, you've been talking about it for a couple of weeks now, and you haven't gotten stuck! Now put down that cookie!

DOH!

Am i ztill allowed to vizit??? :unsure: