Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

And dont forget to show half your boobs!

LOL.... That would be a problem because I only have half my boobs left.:confused:

Yesterday we went to a lake/reservoir that we had not been to before. :frown: It was so beautiful and I caught some of the largest trout you'll ever see. :fish: I was not able to eat much while we were there, but didn't give it much thought. After we got home I cooked the smallest trout (it would feed 3 people). I ate a tiny bit of trout, but is was giving me trouble, so I gave up. I was feeling weak so I tried a tiny bit of icecream lastnight and could not eat it very well. I thought the trout must still be in there.

This morning I ate about 1/4 serving of oatmeal and we went for a drive to check out the boat ramps at a couple other lakes because the one yesterday sucked. I was drinking iced tea on the drive. Our drive took us places farther away than intended, but a drive in the mountains on a beautiful day is a good thing. :car: We ended up in a small mountain town that has little shops and stuff. We stopped for lunch and I ordered a cup of buffalo chili. I took a couple tiny bites and was done. The chili was very good, but I just could not eat. That is when I realized the elevation of that town is over 10,000 ft. :Banane49:The pressure at high altitude had my band pretty much closed off. I bet the same thing happened yesterday.

I have only had that very tiny bit of oatmeal all day and feel like crap because of it. So, we get back to town (elevation 8,500 ft.) I'm burping chili and I think my band feels better. I stop and get a skinny latte :tea:at starbucks and am having a little trouble with it as well.

It feels like it is percolating in there.

Bob, this part is for you. about 20 mins. after I ate the couple bites of buffalo chili we started walking around the town looking in shops. We were in a little antique mall and all of a sudden I did not feel well. :cursing: My stomach hurt. I had a couple papaya enzyme pills in my purse, so I chewed them up. About 2 mins. after that my mouth started to produce too much saliva.:scared2: I could feel it coming ....... OMG! I'm gonna hurl! :eek: I walked as fast as I could out the front door of the place and spotted a trash can along the sidewalk. There were people (tourists) everywhere! OMG! I was going to puke in public! :scared2:I looked to the right and thank God, there was a little bank that was closed. I headed in to the parking lot and found a place where there were some trees and flowers. I was going to throw up right there in the black eyed susans! :mad::confused:..........OMG! ...... ewwww! the slime was going to come! The puke!:mad2: .................Then it passed ....I was not going to hurl after all :lol:

Edited by Humming Bird

Did you just tell Bob to show his boobs? :confused:

Moobs. Men have moobs, not boobs!

Mine never were that big. They were proportional to my chest.

I used to watch biggest loser and see those poor guys with the saggy moobs and ask my room mate if mine look like that. Just to get reassurance.

You got me all excited for nothing Crystl. I am going to start taking pictures of my hurls and posting them. :confused:

ask my room mate if mine look like that. Just to get reassurance.

That is just too funny! You asked your room mate to rate your moobs :confused:

Ya know, I have no right to talk with my formerly super-obese self but I'm going to anyway...I watch biggest loser and I cheer for 'em all, well, most of 'em, but constantly think OMG how can they get up there dressed in that knowing the entire world is watching!?!?! And yeah, they have impressive moobs sometimes too.

I am going to get on the scale tomorrow and whine. After the slight unfill I'm at a happy happy place where I can eat, well, anything, at any time, in any amount. While kinda cool for a change I've gotta get back on track of the new non-women's sized clothing will be waiting in the back corner of the closet for me to lose what I gain. Hormones and a loose band, it ain't purty. Since I've been somewhat of a freaky bandster these last couple months, he wants to leave me where I am for a month before adding anything back.

Okay, whine off.

Banster Hell Part Two

Oh Geez, I am still having trouble this morning. I woke up just not feeling well. I felt like I had a little reflux so I chewed up 2 tums/rolaids. I normally make a cup of coffee after my shower, but thought it might be too acidic, so I got some iced tea. I drank only about 1/4 cup and started to get a runny nose. I went in the other room to blow my nose and ended up throwing up a bunch of foam/slime. Not good. Not good at all.

A couple hours later I figure I better try something before I have to go to work. I made a 1/2 serving of cream of wheat and only ate a tiny bit before I started feeling full and bad. On Mondays I drive to a town with an elevation of 9,500 ft. This is not going to be a good day at all. I think I will have to just have something to drink for lunch. It sucks that in the last couple months the only time I drop weight is when I am having an issue. I'm down 3 lbs over the weekend.

Good morning everyone. So we get to the wedding last night and I get ready to take some pictures and I didn't think to charge the batteries on the camera. So the only pictures I have are cell phone pictures, but they aren't too bad. We had a nice time, the bride was beautiful and we met some new people.

81574-albums5067-picture37879.jpg

81574-albums5067-picture37878.jpg

81574-albums5067-picture37877.jpg

My shoes didn't hurt my feet at all! I am very excited about that. Plus the person who I was dreading seeing was not there so that was nice as well. :thumbup:

Holy $hit, Leigha! I'm with Bob-- forget about those 8 lbs! I honestly don't know where they will come from. You are SKINNY! OMG, I actually have tears in my eyes looking at you! You've been so much inspiration to us over these last few months and to see such results on someone who deserves it so much is SO wonderful to see (oh and btw your hubby is a hottie too :thumbup:)!

So, I have been in and out with my kids (dental appointments, gigs and stuff), so I missed all the freaking drama with the 'newborns' and the clique crap. Ummm, honestly, tone can always be a huge issue anyway. But since day 1 I have just known Bob to be witty and a geniune smart ass like me (and I mean that in the most loving way honey :blink:), so I have never thought him rude. Oh wait, I must be just sticking up for someone in my clique. Don't they realize we're ALL in the same clique? We have a piece of plastic around our stomach to eat less, umm I'd say we're a group of 'different' people! Whatev. Let the haters hate. The ones that are truly successful are the ones that at all cost suffer and follow the rules in the beginning. Add up all the weight lost in our little 'clique'--speaks volumes. So in this case, I'm thrilled to be part of a clique. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be grouped with! (Oh and for the record, I can eat a whole 6'' Subway turkey and cheese on a whole grain roll with mustard and my doctor said it is fine! It's slow going, but I do it every now and then if I'm out and about and need a healthier choice in the junk food mecca that is the mall food court LOL)

Bob- you're a smart ass, but you're OUR smart ass--we've got your back, brotha!

HB--how are you feeling? I'm sorry you had trouble eating yesterday. I never realized how much trouble elevation level could cause. Luckily, my travel schedule for work has fallen off since banded, but dear Lord, this doesn't excite me thinking about it when it does happen. Please post an update and let us know how you're feeling today!

Shammah--Love "Phil"! I'll also be happy to lend you my doc any time! He's AWESOME! I'm contemplating calling today to cancel my fill on Thursday because I am thinking now that I don't need one (but you get charged $100 if you cancel within 72 hours). Don't know what to do!

Christie--you have every right to whine (and it really isn't whining)! You've had a really hard time and you've been amazing through it all! I just hope Steve cuts you some slack so you can tighten him a little bit and get you back on the awesome road you started on! Love the new pic! You can sooooo see that difference! Way to go!!!

I actually made my first public puking debut on Friday night. We were at my niece's championship softball game and I was starving--literally drove there right after getting off the train from a LONG day at work, so I ran to the snack bar with my kiddies (and the only thing I felt I could 'get away' with, the mini tacos, would be 7 minutes and I didn't want to miss my niece's first at bat and I was STARVING!) Of course, I'm all, nothing bothers me EVER, so I figured I'd treat myself to a soft pretzel. Thought I'd eat half, give the other half to my daughter and BAM! FORGOT I needed to space a little while between swallows, especially with something like a freaking pretzel, but it was too late. So I sit there waiting, thinking I'll just slime (it's happened before, no biggie), and it just kept filling my mouth until I looked like Violet from Willy Wonka and the chocolate Factory so I booked over to a lonely FAR field with woods and just let it go. I waited and sure enough. It all came up. I felt SO much better though. And thank God I was able to crawl into the woods so no one saw me yacking my guts up!!!!

Karen-WB sorry to hear you had your first public episode.

I was lucky enough that it was my first episode period and just like Denise got toilet backsplash :grouphug:.

Crystl & Christie-sorry you are both having eating problems. Different ones, but I'm sure they both suck

Bob has moobs :lol:

Stacie---did ya get it in the eye??? HA!!

I got called bulimic on another thread today. How exciting! Yeah, I don't think so. Guess that is what I get for playing on lapbandtalk at work! :grouphug:

Karen, glad you got to the woods. I urped into the bushes outside of a Fudruckers hamburger restaurant once. Was walking around the parking lot hoping it would go down--it didn't. Luckily there was no one around.

I got called bulimic on another thread today. How exciting! Yeah, I don't think so. Guess that is what I get for playing on lapbandtalk at work! :grouphug:

At least nobody aired your dirty laundry about eating Subway.

She wasn't totally wrong but I think she misunderstood what we were saying. We weren't encouraging puking but saying it is going to happen and you may as well enjoy when it does.

At least nobody aired your dirty laundry about eating Subway.

She wasn't totally wrong but I think she misunderstood what we were saying. We weren't encouraging puking but saying it is going to happen and you may as well enjoy when it does.

True. Sorry, but I refuse to call my doc for an unfill when a lil urp will take care of it.

Karen-- it was not on first base so I guess there is a bright side to puking?

Crystal--I am curious too so keep us updated. Sorry you are having so much trouble away from home

Leigha--You are now smaller than some European models! You are officially skinny! Amazing

Bob--my iPad keeps making auto correcting moobs as mobs lol

Good news is I got a promotion-- now if I could just a fill...lol

Bob--my iPad keeps making auto correcting moobs as mobs lol

Good news is I got a promotion-- now if I could just a fill...lol

Wow. I guess you do get faster promotions if you weigh less. I always thought that was bunk. Congrats!!

moobs

November 6, 2007 Urban Word of the Day

A combination of the words "man" and "boobs." This is what happens when fat gathers in a male's chest area, and gives him the appearance of having breasts. Usually seen in overweight males, but can strangely also occur in men who are not really overweight.

"Those moobs are quite sizable."

"Indeed."