Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Omg, Crystl congrats on your successful year as a bandster! You are truly an inspiration and a success story for those on the fence about being banded!

Christie- I'm so glad you're okay! You have seriously been through it girl! I hope and pray the worst is behind you!

Wow, Denise. Everyone okay out there? I'm with Butters--holy crap lol

Christie, you're scaring me and I think life is a joke.

I have an appointment for my 4th fill tomorrow and I am not sure if I am too tight, too loose or just right. Oh shit, I'm Goldilocks.

Do you guys go to fill appointments when you don't think you need adjusting?

I called and canceled my 3rd fill because I was so tight after my 2nd. Then I didn't go back for something like 9 months. I am self-pay. Many Docs who take insurance want to see you anyway ..... even if they don't do a fill.

Well next week I am lol! This will be my 5th and I am also not sure if I need one or not. Thank GOD for fluoro! I think I am pretty close, but I should not be able to eat as much crap as I've been these past couple of days. My meals aren't lasting 4 hours anymore either so maybe a teeny tiny tweak is in order. Do you have your fills under fluoro?

I'm LOLing @ Goldilocks!

My last appt I didn't get a fill even though they felt I could use a little tweak, but I still went because it was my 6mo check-up....so in other words I am no help :thumbup:. I am too scared of ending up like poor Christie and what that darn Steve keeps doing to her.

I think my surgeon's assistant thinks I'm addicted to fills. My band is over 1/2 full and I have never been full on 8 oz of food, nor have I ever had to eat eraser sized bites. Maybe I'm just a freak...

I vary day to day. Some days I can eat alot more than 8oz and take almost normal bites (as long as I chew the crap out of them) and other days I am eating pretty much just liquids, mushies, and sliders just to get SOMETHING in me.

Denise--earthquake--gosh! Thanks for encouragment--it does help

Bobilocks lol

Leigha--since he is banded, forget the heart--we are going band to band!! lol

Melody--enjoy and let me know how the carbs in the morning work--I would like to try it

Christie--Steve needs a timeout:)

Karen--addiction to fills? Kinda wish I had your problem--or better yet your doctor~

BTW I was trying to think of a name for band. Maybe Phil since I can't get a "phil":tt2:

Yes it is hot as my hubby would say--it is hotter than a whore at the Million Man March:ohmy:

Needless to say, I am PETRIFIED of ever getting another fill. I mean, seriously, my last fill was 3 1/2 months ago, why the heck did this happen now?

Karen-I e-mailed my docs nurse the week before my first fill with a question and her response was "are you jonesing for some saline sister?" So, anytime (uh hum, previously) that I felt I was loose I'd call and tell her I was jonesing for a fix. Love that girl.

I scared Bob, I scared Bob!!! Do I get an award or something???? I've decided Steve is bipolar and has serious emotional issues. His counterpart Eileen is an angel and never ever gives me an second of trouble, that's what I get for making my band a man...trouble trouble trouble.

I'm with Butters too, holy crap.

I also think Phil is a hysterical name for a band...or Phillup...like fill 'er up? Ah, but I'm a serious geek :-P

I'm supposed to start mushies tomorrow...I fear food, seriously, at this point, should be an interesting day. My co-workers have threatened to throw steak and chicken at me but since they were nice enough to IV my dehydrated butt yesterday I haven't gotten too smartass on 'em yet for it.

Bob, err, Goldi, when I decided I didn't need my 4th fill, I called and rescheduled it for a month...when the time came and I still didn't need it I just cancelled it and told them I'd call when I needed one. I have this freaky weird insurance at this point so fills are kind of a little paid for? It cost me about $100 when I go which is better than a lot of people but more than I want to throw at someone just to say hi...

Off to bed! Still running on fumes for now.

Christie, It really sounds like you got something stuck. When it happened to me over Memorial day weekend the doc told me he thought I had something stuck for awhile and it made my stoma area swell. I think that something was still stuck and swear I felt it drop the moment I had the unfill and took a drink of Water. It took about a week of baby steps and I was ready to have a fill fix.

Hey everyone, all's quiet on the western front. No damage, just an upset poochie. US Geological Survey downgraded it to 5.4.

It was just so funny, I felt it and said, "earthquake." Hubby says, "what?" I said again, "EARTHQUAKE!" Then he felt it and goes, "OHHHH!" I always feel them way before he does--if he feels them at all. I almost feel nauseous as they come on.

One of the technicians in my unit got called out for a Water main break in an air traffic control tower reported by the controllers. Turned out to be water sloshed out of the toilet! Controllers, such prima donnas. I can say that, I used to be one. :thumbup:

Humming Bird---congrats on the One Year Loss! That is soooooo fantastic! I am so impressed!

Christie---Keep feeling better! That was way strange so long after a fill.

Shad---Love the name Phil!

So, I am over my crazy eating from the holiday weekend. That was crazy, but fun.

I put on a couple pounds, but they've come off. yippee!

For those of you not on Facebook, Betsy's husband had a heart attack last night, she requested prayers.

Well I scraped another pound off, took 18 days. 8 to go.

I went shopping yesterday! I bought a really pretty dress (size 8) and Jessica Simpson shoes with 5" heels :thumbup:! I have a wedding to go to Friday. There will be a lot of people there that I haven't seen since before I was banded. I am excited and nervous. My ex-"friend" who I ejected from my life after she showed her bad attitude about banding will be there. She is thin and thinks everyone should just eat less and exercise like she does. I am hoping to just avoid her. I'm not sure if the bride knows we had a falling out and if she doesn't she probably put us at the same table, so mingling will be in order.

I will post pictures when I get them.

For those of you not on Facebook, Betsy's husband had a heart attack last night, she requested prayers.

News:

Betsy put an update on Facebook. Not a heart attack, it was angina and he is being released momentarily.

I went for my 4th fill appointment today and between my PA and me decided that I am at my sweet spot and did nothing. I scheduled my next appointment for 2 months out.

I also had my after picture taken for the wall of shame. Leigha, if you ever go to the Colleyville office again, look for me. :)

Used some tough love on a whiner the other day and had 3 people reply that I was rude. Not bad numbers considering I got private messages from 5 people saying, "right on"

It's not what some people want to hear but I think it is what most of us need to hear.

Well I scraped another pound off, took 18 days. 8 to go.

I went shopping yesterday! I bought a really pretty dress (size 8) and Jessica Simpson shoes with 5" heels :)! I have a wedding to go to Friday. There will be a lot of people there that I haven't seen since before I was banded. I am excited and nervous. My ex-"friend" who I ejected from my life after she showed her bad attitude about banding will be there. She is thin and thinks everyone should just eat less and exercise like she does. I am hoping to just avoid her. I'm not sure if the bride knows we had a falling out and if she doesn't she probably put us at the same table, so mingling will be in order.

I will post pictures when I get them.

FIVE INCH HEELS???? Did they lapband your brain or have you always wondered what a body cast would feel like? Good luck sista! And I do SoooOOOO want to see pictures in the 5 inch heels!