Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Dottie-- So good to hear from you. I'm glad your doing well.

Bobbie-- Love your positive attitude. With a great outlook like that your luck is sure to turn around soon!

Well my mother in law and I canned tomatoes Sunday and then today I cleaned my whole house, it took 6 hours. I need to space this stuff out so my husband doesn't get use to it. :thumbup:

After my trip to south Texas, where I was eating out for a couple of days, I was so sick when I got home, that I have really started thinking about processed foods. I have decided to try and eliminate as much as I can from my diet and see what happens. So I am buying my meat from a butcher shop were they process the meat there instead of buying it already cut up and boxed. I am going to can as much fresh produce as possible. And try and cook from single ingredients. We will see if it makes a difference.

post-281008-13813139425345_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139425629_thumb.jpg

Dottie-so good to hear from you...and glad that you are on the mend!

Bobbie-sorry you keep going through so much! Thinkin bout you!!

Elfie-nope not really cooler here at all the actual temp was 94 here today in PA and with the heat index was even warmer :thumbup:. Really puts a damper on my exercise because I am so much less motivated indoors.

Leigha-that's alot of tomatoes! Let me know how the unprocessed foods go. It's something that I am interested in...but seems so pricey.

Denise-the rings are really pretty

The 4th was a really bad eating/drinking day :thumbup:. At least I couldn't eat that much. Hmm...might need to join this Labor Day challenge. Maybe to be "overweight" by Labor day???

Dottie-PT PT PT...it's all about the PT. Glad to hear you're on the mend, hopefully you'll be running circles around us soon.

So, after my unfill of 0.8 last month I had a couple really good weeks with an occasional bad day, followed by this last week of suckage, followed by this weekend of major suckage. I was at the lake with my parents and I do believe Steve has just gone on strike and clamped down. The last 2 nights I've woken up every 30-45 minutes with HORRIBLE reflux, cough, etc. I've never experienced anything like this before. I'm exhausted from not sleeping last night and I kept both my parents up half the night with my hacking, they were both convinced I was dying. I've been back on liquids for 24 hours now and am just starting to feel a little better, I'm nursing hot tea right now and it seems to be helping. HOWEVER, if I have another night like last night I'm calling in the a.m. and begging for help.

On the up side, I've now lost 80 pounds..which is freaking amazing. I'm 14 pounds from onderland, I never dreamt I could hit that mark in under a year (this also means I'm 14 pounds from weighing the same as my 6'3 skinny dad...it will be SO very nice not to outweigh him.

And, on a bizarre side note, apparently if you're band is having a fickle day and you're feeling all pressury and stuff, jumping into a lake is a bad idea. I can only assume it was the added pressure from the Water but, ewwww....don't swim in that part of the lake for a few days folks!

Keep your fingers crossed for a nice quiet night tonight!

Fingers are crossed for you Christie!

Catching up

Dottie--glad to hear you are doing well

Denise--pretty--I cannot wear my wedding set:(

Stacie--glad everything turned out okay

Bobbie--keep your positive spirit and things will turn around

Leigha--Congrats on completing C2K Regardless of the time. that is an amazing accomplishment:biggrin:

Karen--another gadget--I like:) Let us know how TurboJam works. I workout a lot at home so I am always looking for DVD's that really work you out.

Jacki--Congrats awesome weight loss:thumbup:

As for me, I have not had my hair cut yet--waiting until the end of the month, before vacation. I went for a fill on the 29th--my doctor did not give me one:mad: He said I was losing at a good rate and that this time it was not so much about being overfilled, but also not rushing me to the point where I will not be able to alot of different foods. I am pretty bummed and considering finding a doctor who is more aggressive with fills. The only reason I have not left is because he is looking out for his patients as several of us report that he is not aggressive with them either, I generally like him, and being a bandster himself, he speaks from experience. I have found someone else but cannot get in right away. I think I will try my surgeon for the next appointment and make the appointment with a new one, depending on how it goes--I don't know--I am losing so I cannot be upset. However, I have a little restriction from my two fils and I am trying to work the heck out of it. Ironically I seem to be tighter the last few days--go figure.

Edited by shadst8

Shammah- my heart goes out to you. I remember all too well not having great restriction and having to rely solely on will power. That fill should have been your reward for working so hard sister! I don't blame you for contemplating finding another doc that has a more aggressive approach will fills!

Bobbie--prayers are with you. I am so sorry you are going through yet another bout of hard times. Your positive attitude just amazes me.

Christie- leave it to you to put a humorous spin on your hard time. I couldn't help but chuckle. How are you feeling today?

Elfie--I hear you. We're supposed to hit 105 in NJ today. The kids are bugging me to go in the pool, but I am still burned from yesterday. Going to bite the bullet soon and go in I suppose....

Stacie- sorry to hear you had a 'bad' eating/drinking Holiday. Me too!!! I selfishly came over for some support myself because I have been eating crap for the past 2 days--chips, pretzels, ice cream... On the 4th, I actually had 2 smirnoff twisteds (and I haven't had carbonation in a YEAR)! For some reason, I CAN eat all this crap and I don't get full on anything lately! I was thinking of canceling my fill next week, but I'm definitely thinking I need it. So bummed and disappointed in myself. I have followed everything to the t until this past weekend. I need to get my $hit together!!

So...I only THOUGHT the early days of banded life were bandster hell...I have now seen true hell. As last night progressed I got tighter and tighter and by bedtime could barely take sips. Bedtime came with continued GERD/regurg which around 2:00 a.m. became constant vomiting. By morning I could barely stand more than say 10 seconds without getting lightheaded and dizzy and feeling like I was going to black out. My heart was pounding, I was weak beyond words, and I'd stop peeing...never a good thing. So, obviously it was time for help. I went to work with the intent of calling my doc for an a.m. unfill. By the time I actually made it to my office I was fairly convinced I was going to die. My pulse was 157 and my blood pressure was 68 over, err, something, they had issues detecting the bottom number because it was so low. My surgeon's office said be there at noon. The doc I work with said "so you wanna have someone come take you to the ER or should I call the ambulance"....nice. In the end since I had a hot date at noon for an unfill I ended up getting 2 liters of Fluid at my office which made me much less miserable but still totally exhausted.

I had 1.4 cc taken out with INSTANT relief, it was amazing. When he told me to take a drink of Water I got all shaky and teary eyed, I was ridiculous but I was so tired and run down...I just crashed. So, I'm home, drinking happily, with instructions to chill my butt out and rest tonight. I am whooped, totally whooped but OMG water never tasted so good.

He has no idea what happened to me. Sinus drainage? Nope. Eating too quickly? Not even close. We played 120 questions with no real answer but everything seems to be okay at this point so cross your fingers!

Glad that's OVER!!!

So...I only THOUGHT the early days of banded life were bandster hell...I have now seen true hell. As last night progressed I got tighter and tighter and by bedtime could barely take sips. Bedtime came with continued GERD/regurg which around 2:00 a.m. became constant vomiting. By morning I could barely stand more than say 10 seconds without getting lightheaded and dizzy and feeling like I was going to black out. My heart was pounding, I was weak beyond words, and I'd stop peeing...never a good thing. So, obviously it was time for help. I went to work with the intent of calling my doc for an a.m. unfill. By the time I actually made it to my office I was fairly convinced I was going to die. My pulse was 157 and my blood pressure was 68 over, err, something, they had issues detecting the bottom number because it was so low. My surgeon's office said be there at noon. The doc I work with said "so you wanna have someone come take you to the ER or should I call the ambulance"....nice. In the end since I had a hot date at noon for an unfill I ended up getting 2 liters of Fluid at my office which made me much less miserable but still totally exhausted.

I had 1.4 cc taken out with INSTANT relief, it was amazing. When he told me to take a drink of Water I got all shaky and teary eyed, I was ridiculous but I was so tired and run down...I just crashed. So, I'm home, drinking happily, with instructions to chill my butt out and rest tonight. I am whooped, totally whooped but OMG water never tasted so good.

He has no idea what happened to me. Sinus drainage? Nope. Eating too quickly? Not even close. We played 120 questions with no real answer but everything seems to be okay at this point so cross your fingers!

Glad that's OVER!!!

Wow--what an ordeal! I am so glad you feel better!

Christie-So sorry you had to go through all of this...but so happy to hear that you got your unfill and are feeling better!! (well...better than you were. I'm sure you aren't "better" yet). Rest up and rehydrate girl!!

Christie--All I can say is WOW!!! Glad you are feeling better. Hope it continues to get better.

Shad, sorry you didn't get the fill, but glad you are losing.

Karen & Stacie--right there with ya on the binge this weekend. Way yummy, but dang, time to get back in control.

Dottie--glad the first knee surgery is done. Here's to a quick recovery!

Bobbie, keep a good attitude, sending good wishes your way!

Things are crazy here. MIL had cardiac ablation today. Which apparently took care of her atrial fibrillation. The cardiologist said she should feel a difference tomorrow or the next day. DH has not been the most pleasant person to be around of late, but I understand the stress he is under. All his siblings look to him to take her to all of her appointments as he is retired, but he truly hates anything medical. So it is not easy on him. But he is getting through.

Work is work, we are getting on toward the end of the fiscal year. Money is starting to get tight, so let the fireworks begin!

But, life is good! wahoo!

Christie-- I'm glad Steve is through trying to torture you, typical man.

Denise-- I hope your MIL feels better soon, I'm sure this is hard on your husband on many levels.

Karen & Stacie-- Here is my outlook on holidays, there is roughly one a month. If I limit my stupid eating to holidays I will be fine, its the eating stupid on non-holidays that got me in trouble.

Shammah-- Maybe its time for a heart to heart with your Dr. Tell him that his program isn't working for you and see if you get a different result.

Crystl-- How are you doing?

Dottie-- I hope your feeling better, keep us updated about the knee.

Melody-- I guess y'all have our usual Texas weather, its been raining and in the low 90's here, very strange. Its not unusual for July to be every day over 100.

Bobbie-- I'm thinking about you and hoping things get better soon.

I don't have much to report, I went and got some prilosec yesterday. I have been having heart burn but I have just been ignoring it but after Christie's adventure with Steve, I decided to do something about it. I feel better already. I'm sure a lot of my problems are caused by the spicy foods that I eat. I would eat Mexican food every day but my family complains if thats all we have.

Have a great day everyone.

Sorry for not responding to you all individually, but my brain is still in meltdown. We've had weather in the 90's, high humidity, and no cool down at night. In one week, the pool has gotten so warm it's like a tepid bath, so no relief there either. Forecast is *hopefully* some relief tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm one of those who usually drinks a Protein Shake for Breakfast because I can't get solid foods down, but enough is enough. This morning I made a smoothie with a 6 oz Dannon Light and Fit yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup Water. Oh baby...so refreshing in this heat! It was 32 carbs but only 145 calories. Normally I watch the carbs more closely but I just read something on one of the diabetic boards that said if you eat the majority of your carbs early in the day, rather than in the evening, you'll lose 50% more weight because your body has time to burn through it before bedtime. We'll see. Have to see what this does to my blood sugar levels as well...and whether it will curb the hunger through the morning.

I am GOOOOD....apparently my gut is revolting (on many levels) and some nasty things are happening on the backside but other than that and being a little tired I feel good. I gained 5 pounds yesterday. I can only assume that's 5 pounds of pure Fluid. I won't try eating again until tomorrow but liquids are running smooth at this point.

Can I just say that this all scared the living crap out of me??? I have NEVER felt so bad in my life and oh please God don't let anything like that ever happen again.

I was reading a post about hiccups earlier and it got to thanking...last week I had hiccups almost daily and they were painful, typically they're just more of an annoyance than anything. So, maybe painful hiccups are my sign that something is up? Ah who knows, live and learn.

Leigha, someday I'm writing a book and calling it "The Adventures of Christie and Steve" because of you (and prilosec is your friend!)

Have a great one everyone!

Friday is my one year bandiversary and I really wanted to hit the 100lbs lost mark by then. I finally took off the couple pounds I had put on during my unfill, so at least my ticker is correct :thumbup: 95 or 96 lbs lost in 1 year will have to do because there is no way I will hit that 100 mark by Friday. I came damn close though.

I feel like I have learned how to maintain my weightloss about 20 lbs early.

Looking back over this year, I think things have gone pretty smooth in general. I feel so much better than I did last summer. This has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself and I hope I never have any reason for the band to be removed in the future.

Christie, glad you are feeling better! We could all collaborate on a book!

Me with getting stuck in the jury box and various other experiences..ugh.

We just had 5.9 earthquake! yehaw! Rockin' and Rollin'!!! Butters was not happy.