Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hi Everyone!

Bobbie,

Sounds like you are keeping a good attitude. Try to keep that up!

What you are going through totally sucks! I am glad you are getting SOME financial help. It's better than no help.

As for me. I am doing better.

My white blood cell count is down, that means the infection is responding to the treatment, yay!

My blood pressure is up. Still low, but not in the, "hey, you look terrible, are you OK?" Category. I still get woozy when I stand up, but I expect it and wait for it.

I did a workout today, I got into the shower! Did y'all know that is an aerobic event? sheesh!

If the hind end cooperates after dinner, I am going to try to return to work tomorrow.

My boss has been super about me being gone. Well, on Sunday when I talked to him he told me, "don't be in a hurry to come back."

Hmmppff! Not sure how to take that! :thumbup: I dearly love him, though. He treats me great, could not ask for a better boss.

My doctor said that I will lose weight as I recover from this. He also said this was a stupid way to go about it! I totally agree. But I cannot report any losses so far. Which is most likely because I am hardly taking in any calories. I must be in starvation mode or something.

I'm getting a bowl of Cereal for Breakfast, some crackers for lunch, and half a sandwich for dinner with some gatorade off and on throughout the day.

So, as my mother would have said, "other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

How's everyone else doing?

Christie, good answer to Leigha's question lather rinse repeat.

Denise, how goes it? Still upright?

Amy, sounds fun and gives me lots to look forward to!

IL, glad your scale is behaving itself!

Bobbie, the absolute jerk!

Everything's pretty quiet here except for spring busting out all over. I keep practicing, walking, eating right, and the scale went down one whole pound! Gotta keep reminding myself I'm doing this for my health.

Hello to everyone!

Hey everybody! Well I am assuming that I am going to be on a 10 day plateau, I lost 3 pounds in 3 days last weekend so that usually means I will stay level for a while. There is a chart on Loseit that I wish I were technically smart enough to post here, I bet Bob knows how but I don't. It shows my weight loss from the time I was banded and is really cool because when I start freaking out because its been 7 days since I lost I can look back and see that I am still doing the same, it just seems like I am going slow. Perception is reality! If you think your doing well, you are, and if you think your not, then your not!

Denise, I'm glad your doing better.

Anne, A pound is a pound that is one less that you have to go!

Christie, Thanks for the sugar lesson I see so many people on here who are hooked on it, I was wondering if it had a physical origin.

I hope everyone is doing well, I got a new computer program for work and did the training today so my brain is burned out. Sorry if I missed anyone, I am going to have a glass of wine tonight and relax.

Hi All! I've been reading and lurking, but haven't posted in awhile :Dancing_wub:.

Bobbie-Sorry that it did not pan out. I'm happy you are getting some assistance...even if it isn't enough I'm sure it helps a little.

Anne-Congrats on the lb :thumbup: It's better than +1!!

Denise-Glad you are on the upswing!!

Me-counting down the days till I see my PCP to talk to him about all my stress/anxiety/depression...1 WEEK!! Then another fill next Fri too :thumbs_down:. (I'm sorry Bobbie for even complaining about this but...)Just found out I am going to probably working 19 days straight with no days off :thumbup:. This REALLY stinks because at the moment work is where the majority of my stress and anxiety is coming from. Damn ALDI and their new computer systems and their slow learning weekend person that is making me have to work weekends grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I think I need an intervention with my scale as well. Someone call A&E :Angel_anim:. I swear I step on the stupid thing like 5x's a day. That's not right. Oh well enough complaining from me. Spring has sprung and we should all be getting outside to enjoy it!

Sorry I've been gone so long, guys. I have really been having a tough week this week. Of course, I am getting tons of freaking cardio and stuff in, but the scale isn't moving! I do find it interesting that I am now miraculously able to eat bread and am hungry every 1.5 to 2 hours after eating. THANK GOD I have an appointment for a fill next week (one week from today to be exact). How frustrating! I haven't felt hopeless like this in awhile, and I should be freaking happy as hell--I'm 20 lbs away from goal! I'm such a freaking whiner, I know.

I think I've caught up, but apologizing in advance if I forgot anyone.

Leigha--my girl. You just continue to amaze me. You are just an inspiration with your weight loss, nsvs and general outlook altogether. I always enjoy reading your posts. Congrats on your additional loss and not being able to get that shovel down all the way, Miss Skinny Butt ;-)

Amy--25 lbs post op? Awesome! So sorry you had a sliming issue. I must say those aren't fun. I haven't had one in almost 2 weeks, which to me is just another indicator that I need a fill LOL

HB--Congrats on getting to a M. HUGE nsv! Doing the happy dance in your honor!

Bobbie- #@$!% What a jerk! I am glad you're able to get some assistance. I'm praying that you find something soon WITH benefits and a decent boss!!!! ((HUGS))

Cocoa-- How are you feeling? Glad you were able to get a workout in by taking a shower. You poor thing. I hope you're okay.

Betsy--I've seen you around on the board, but wanted to check in and see how Mark is doing? My prayers have been with you this whole time, sister!

Anne--1 pound! Nothing to sneeze at, since we're working hard at each one. Throw a 1 lb loss my way, chica ;-)!

Stacie--I completely understand how you feel about work-induced anxiety. It's all around me too (and some days even my Zoloft isn't even enough LOL) Hang in there! Hoping time flies so you can get in to see your PCP.

Christie-- Yeah! Under 250! Woooohoooo! That's so awesome!! I bet you're so psyched! You will be in onederland before you know it. Congrats!

Bob- I'm convinced that farmville has literally sucked you into the vortex and you're happily living there with your animals and plants (or whatever the heck else you're farming LOL--can you tell I don't play?)

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll take whatever hope you guys can give me that after my fill next week, I'll be on track because, even though I'm going home to do my cardio and fat burning stuff, I am going to have me a big fat slice of pizza tomorrow night with the kids! Sad thing is, I'll be able to get it down and still be hungry :-(! Me, miss poster child for cheese sticks and Protein pudding :-( I am going with tomorrow is a new weekbecause each day this week has been horrible.

Thanks for letting me vent, guys and for letting me be a part of this thread. I am so happy to read everything you share on here. Blessings and continued success to all of you!

Hi all,

I am gonna write a book, "The C. Diff. Diet: How to Lose Weight and Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Trying"

Anyone want a copy? tee hee!

My pressure is coming up a bit, yay! 99/64 at last check. I am down 3.5 lbs this week as of this morning. That was a surprise, I didn't think I was losing anything.

I am so done with being sick, this just totally sucks.

I wrote off the week at work. Boss let me do some stuff from home today. On Fridays I spend the day doing a lot of shipping and receiving, I usually walk over 1.5 miles in the building. There's no way I could do that. So, I said forget it. I'll start fresh Monday.

Anway, I make a very good couch weight. My dog normally does it, and he does not like being usurped! Too bad for Butters, but he and DH just got back from a 3 mile walk at the lake.

Denise, I am going to have to pass on your new "diet". Thanks anyway. I think.

Chick, 19 days without a day off! Holy crap!

Karen, I know what you mean about being hungry. I have been hungry all week. I have gone over my 1000 calories on 2 days and its only Friday. I just ate 2 fried eggs and a piece of bacon to try and fill me up for a while.

I cant decide what to do about a fill. My 6 month anniversary is on Tuesday. Which means I can get another fill on Monday or Tuesday for free and after that they are $200 each with floro or $100 each without. So my cheapness is wanting me to go get the free one, but I am afraid it might make me too tight. I am getting hungry too soon, but I am having to eat so slowly. I know that I will need another fill soon so should I go now and get like .5 for free and risk being too tight or wait until I definitely need it which will probably be a week to 10 days and pay $200? I need y'alls opinions!

Denise, I am going to have to pass on your new "diet". Thanks anyway. I think.

Chick, 19 days without a day off! Holy crap!

Karen, I know what you mean about being hungry. I have been hungry all week. I have gone over my 1000 calories on 2 days and its only Friday. I just ate 2 fried eggs and a piece of bacon to try and fill me up for a while.

I cant decide what to do about a fill. My 6 month anniversary is on Tuesday. Which means I can get another fill on Monday or Tuesday for free and after that they are $200 each with floro or $100 each without. So my cheapness is wanting me to go get the free one, but I am afraid it might make me too tight. I am getting hungry too soon, but I am having to eat so slowly. I know that I will need another fill soon so should I go now and get like .5 for free and risk being too tight or wait until I definitely need it which will probably be a week to 10 days and pay $200? I need y'alls opinions!

Leigha, you know what my opinion is--go get the sucker! But that's just me, as I think I've become OBSESSED with maximum restriction. This week, I have been so upset that I have had pizza and a burger (1/2 for lunch and the other half for dinner)--on different days, but still I'm getting them down with NO issues. Honestly, I have not had a burger since AUGUST :-(! I justify it that I'm walking 2 miles a day and doing circuit training, so I am way under calories, but this week I notice the quality of my food not being as good as normal, nor am I as tight in the morning as I used to be.

If you are getting hungry in between meals, it sounds like you need one anyway. I'm wondering how long these fills should be lasting us. The person who runs my support group is 2 years post op, lost 135 lbs and has never had a fill! I so thought my second one was it, but it looks like I need to keep going. Ugh. Sorry to be all over the place. I'd get the free one and see how it goes. As long as they're conservative and you won't be so tight that you'll have to have some taken out, but enough that will give you your satiety back.

Sorry about my rambling LOL!!

Leigha, I too say go get the free fill. If you are getting hungry between meals.........

Even if it is only a .25 fill, it may buy you much time before the next fill.

I don't think my tiny .1 fill did a thing for me. I don't know what to do......to fill or not to fill. I was so tight for many months. I couldn't really eat meat. Now I can eat some meat for my Protein, but I am hungry between meals and my weight stays exactly the same day after day. I am still tossing around the fill idea. Even if I just go get fills at .1 each time, it only costs me $15 plus the drive to Denver.

Another one lost! Can't wait until surgery and restriction to make this a little bit easier. I see my doctor Tuesday so maybe he will have some answers then. He better!

Sorry I can't help you, Leigha!

I have a great NSV!! It may be a little mean spirited, but if you only knew.........

Lately I have been feeling those negative mid-life crisis feelings. The ones like I still look bad and I hate getting old.........Well, last night my son showed me some pics of his dad (my ex of many years ago, very bad marriage) The pics were on my ex's step-daughter's web page and were taken this last x-mas. OMG! The man looks like hammered shit! The years have not been kind to him at all! I know it may be a little mean, but I know I have weathered better and that makes me feel so much better!!!!!

HB--Eventually they always get what they deserve. HA HA!

Leigha, my only caution is that you be careful to not get caught in the trap of "chasing the sweet spot."

My memory sucks, how long ago was it you had the unfill? Just be sure you are totally over all the irritation from that and are truly ready for more.

My surgeon speaks of chasing the sweet spot as getting a fill, then needing an unfill, getting another fill too soon, then needing another unfill...yada yada. He prefers to be very conservative and try to sneak up on the sweet spot.

But even so, I still ended up overfilled once and needed a slight unfil.

I went back a month later for a refill and had the unfill amount and a little more put in, and that is where I've been for quite a while now.

Ok, so that said, if you are HUNGRY...get the fill while you don't have to pay for it, girl!

:thumbup:

Sorry you don't like my diet idea. It truly works. Blech! AND, the medicine makes your mouth taste like poo, so you don't want to eat. NICE!

I have a great NSV!! It may be a little mean spirited, but if you only knew.........

Lately I have been feeling those negative mid-life crisis feelings. The ones like I still look bad and I hate getting old.........Well, last night my son showed me some pics of his dad (my ex of many years ago, very bad marriage) The pics were on my ex's step-daughter's web page and were taken this last x-mas. OMG! The man looks like hammered shit! The years have not been kind to him at all! I know it may be a little mean, but I know I have weathered better and that makes me feel so much better!!!!!

OMG!!! Still Laughing !! :-)

HB-I love the NSV! Totally rocks, in a mean spirited way. (I never said I was nice!)

I am so glad it's Friday. This week has just sucked. Work is, well, work. My older brother came back to Arkansas for 2 weeks before his official deployment started, so today they had the big send off as the entire unit headed off to Wisconsin before heading to Afghanistan. It's the last time we'll see him until next April. I had to work but my parents and son went up to say goodbye and random people kept calling to tell me to tell him thanks for his service...and every time someone says anything I cry....It just sucks.

I found myself yesterday craving, well, everything. I haven't done that in a LONG time. However today is much better on the fat front. I'm not starving, but have not exercised at all this week and am willing to bet the scales aren't nice to me on Monday morning. (but that's okay, 1 week of no weight loss isn't really a big deal in the long run, we'll get back on track this weekend)

Okay, enough whining, given what Bobbie has been handling I need to shut up and suck it up (btw, Bobbie you rock, it amazes me how you are handling all of this). So, just glad it's Friday! Have a good one!