Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hey Everybody! Good Morning and Happy Easter! Man, it took me three days to read all the posts since the last time I was here... Haha.... Work keeps me busy and when I get home, the last thing I want to do is turn on my computer...

Glad to see everyone is doing well/persevering through losses and plateaus.. Loved Lizzys post about Plateaus from Jillian... Makes sense to me!

Bob, Sorry about the stuck... Aren't you glad you can really "relate" now... I was getting used to that be a daily way of life and then my Dr. Said "Oh Hell NO!" Haha...

After my last .5 Fill I was only keeping about 30% or less of my food down so when I saw the Dr. After 2 weeks he insisted to remove .25 no matter how much I begged him not too... Come on, I was HAPPY! I had lost 5 pounds in that two weeks! But he said this is not about being bulimic this is about proper eating habits... Boo... Its not like I was Spitting it all back up on purpose.... Well, it will be two weeks on Tuesday and I've actually lost 3 pounds as of this morning and thats with my TOM starting yesterday, so I might be down another pound or two... I go back on Tuesday.. Oh and let me add that when I went in for the dreaded unfill, I wore a cute dress with boots, (Was on my way to work afterwards), and all the nurses were whistling and commenting on how great I looked... I was wondering if they do that to everyone who loses a few pounds here and there just to make them feel good becasue man, I felt like a million bucks, so if thats a plan to make you feel good about your decision, it worked.....

Sorry for not posting individually to everyone but I forgot whose done what by now... Betsy, Praying for you and Mark that they can help him somehow... Illuminnlady, Congratulations to your daughter (Hope I got the right person... Haha... I told you I forgot whose done what), hope she is successful.... Cocoa Good job on controlling the blood sugar... Leigha Hope your Allergies pass quickly so you can enjoy the beauty of the warm weather, Juliansmom Congrats on hitting the goal for the Easter Challenge... According to my weigh in, I have fallen short however, yesterday my TOM started so I may weigh in next weekend for a more accurate count...

Oh and my new favorite dessert when everyone else is enjoying ice cream??? A 4 oz scoop of low fat cottage cheese with a tablespoon of pineapple Sundae topping on top... I was hatin on Cottage Cheese until I made this one night. Now I actually enjoy eating cottage cheese....

I bought plastic disposable souffle cups at smart n final in 2 oz, 4 oz and 5 oz sizes with lids and I pre package all my Snacks and lunch foods for the full week on Sunday, and everything is very easy to grab and go with for work... Everyone at work is trying to copy me because they thought it was a cool idea for Portion Control but they don't understand why they are still feeling hungry and I'm having trouble finishing what I have.... But I still don't want to tell them about the surgery.

Oh and because I'm cheap... I wash and re-use the cups and lids several times. In fact, I'm still using the same weeks worth of rotation after a month... So that $20.00 investment for packs of 125ct will last me a year!

IF I ever get literate enough to figure out how to post pictures here, I'll show you what I'm talking about!

Laura, please don't be afraid to eat. Be careful, but don't be scared.

It wasn't until I got to 7.3 that I had any difficulty with food, ever. And even now, the problems are few (and related to user error rather than overtightness).

I understand your concern--but it'll be okay.

What are you cooking for Easter?

I really REALLY need to keep up with this more. It's been like a week and it's taken me like an hour to catch up lol. The weather has been awesome here though so I have been outside :wub:.

Betsy--thinking about you and Mark

Leigha & Karen-Congrats on the 150 & 170! Can't wait to be there myself!

Illum.lady-Congrats to your daughter!

Bobbie-Sorry to hear bout your job :wub: I know food is how I used to deal with stress too, so now stress seems so much more well....stressful :lol:

Everyone else--Hi and I really did read everything, but short term memory so please forgive me :bored:

Me-Had my 1st public no-no. Went out with friends yesterday and ordered a sandwich. I can still eat bread sometimes and knew I was tempting fate...but did it anyways (dumbass). About 4 bites in I felt the stuck feeling. I waited cause sometimes it passes. I have yet to slime and have only PB'd once (pretzels)...so I'm thinking this isn't gonna be too bad (hahahaha). A few minutes later I was in full sprint to the bathroom--almost didn't make it and yes...I got the lovely splash to the face as well. Wiped myself off and went back to the table...only to find myself sprinting back AGAIN like 5mins later. All I can say was at least it was over quickly. Note to self--if you are gonna eat bread, do it a home.

Hey Chickadee,

I got a tip on another thread for the public toilet urping with splash back to the face.

Put a seat cover into the Water, it stops the splash!

I filed the information into my pea brain this morning for future reference.

Well, today we had sushi for lunch, and yours truly, the effing dork, popped the whole piece into her mouth. Usually I break them up into little pieces. Guess I had a brain dead moment! Yep, STUCK CITY!

So, I tried the seat cover in the water trick, it worked very well to stop the splashing! This is, of course, assuming you have time to grab it before the urping begins.

I was sooooo ticked at myself. A ten dollar roll down the toilet, literally! Well, I guess they all go down the toilet, just not that quickly!! :bored:

On the plus side, because of my band and lovely episodes like that, I got some more pants in size 10! Yay! :lol:

Holy crap y'all make me laugh!

I just got back from a one hour bike ride, its full on spring here, (I took some pictures but I cant post them because I am too stupid to know how on my laptop, so I will Monday when I am on the babysitter computer I will) I finally made it back up my hill without having to get off my bike and push, granted I thought I was going to pass out for a second but I did it!

Betsy, I thought of a good rationalization for not going to church tomorrow, you are staying home to make extra room for the people who only go on Easter and Christmas.:bored:

By the way, if you want to talk to Bob you have to go to his farm on Facebook, he and I started farming on the same day and he has 3 or 4 times as many points as I do. Apparently he is a computer whiz, maybe he can tell me how to post pics from my laptop.

I hope everyone has a nice Easter. Eat slow and chew, chew, chew! Oh and I am going to go ahead and declare my intention to eat (some) chocolate tomorrow (in moderation).

It's good to hear from those who have not posted in awhile!

Bobbie, omg! I am so sorry to hear about the job loss.

DO NOT let this screw up your diet and the things you have going good for you! It is ok to feel depressed about it, but I repeat, DO NOT let it screw you up when it comes to the thing you are doing for yourself!

Sorry ...... I don't do the Facebook thing.

I am having company tomorrow (last minute planning on everyone else's part.....grrrrr! ) So, I have to clean house for awhile before I go bowling again. You would think I'm this great bowler with as much as I've been going but, NOT!

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is well. I finally did eat and it was ok. I just feel full faster, kinda short of breath in the sternum area so I know to stop eating. Does that make any sense??

Betsy: Thanks for always having kind and helpful things to say, you are a blessing to have in this journey!! I'm cooking ham , cheesy, potatoes, green rice, a fruit cocktail fluff and carmel pecan pie, and of course, colored hard boiled eggs!!! oh and dinner rolls, cant forget them!! Sounds yummy, but Protein only, I guess.....

Have a Blessed Easter everyone...............Laura:thumbup:

Amusing story. After sunrise service I promised the boy Breakfast out. We went to the local diner only to find them closed for Easter so (by request of the boy) we ended up at McDonalds. I opted for a sausage egg and cheese biscuit without the biscuit, took 2 or 3 SMALL nibbles of the sausage and got that feeling...not really pain yet, but definite pressure. So, as I tend to do when contemplating whether to dash to the restroom or not, I sat quietly and stared off into space (we now refer to this as "the look" around here). My son (all 5 years of him) asked if I was okay, I told him I wasn't sure...not missing a beat, he handed me the bag the food came in and said "okay, well, do your business".... How's that for supportive?

Happy Easter everyone, hope the bunny brought you something nice!

Hey Christie,

Great story!! I get "the look" also!

Hubby recoginizes it before I do sometimes! I just read him your story and we both cracked up!

We are laughing WITH you, of course! :bored:

Okay, someone explain to me how to find everyone on Facebook. Or find me. I'm listed as Dorothy Glanders Morris. Happy Easter everyone! I'm only making steaks tonight but am going to lunch and a movie with my daughters. DH is a homebody. Just checking in but would love to hook up with you on Facebook too. Let me know. Leigha I tried to find you and several Leigha Masons popped up. Have a glorious day!!!

Okay, someone explain to me how to find everyone on Facebook. Or find me. I'm listed as Dorothy Glanders Morris. Happy Easter everyone! I'm only making steaks tonight but am going to lunch and a movie with my daughters. DH is a homebody. Just checking in but would love to hook up with you on Facebook too. Let me know. Leigha I tried to find you and several Leigha Masons popped up. Have a glorious day!!!

I just sent you a request!

So, I've got a confession to make! I binged on sugar-free popsicles last night- ate like 10 of 'em :bored:. Am I ever looking forward to the support of the band! So today I'm going to let myself have a "grump" day- behaving myself but not trying to talk myself out of not feeling so hot. It is a gorgeous day today.

Stacie, Denise, and Christie , great stories!

Bobbie, I'm so sorry about your job- may another one show up very quickly. Use the anger and angst to spur you forward!

Betsy, sending all sorts of good vibes your way.

Humming Bird, thanks for your boost- it made me feel good.

Love all the helpful hints here:drool:! To think that I used to have a phobia about vomiting- guess I'm going to get desensitized in a heck of a hurry!

Happy Facebook to all- not on it yet.

Anne, all I can say is OMG, SF Popsicles? That's it, you are doomed! :bored:

Hee hee, teasing you, of course! I could think of far worse things to binge on. However, the act itself is one to work on.

Glad you felt you could come here for support and "absolution."

Ok, I am off to lunch with the hubby. Here's hoping today goes better than yesterday!

Anne...I don't think that even qualifies as a binge in the grand scheme of things, don't be too hard on yourself! Dorothy, you are the ONLY person I've ever looked up on Facebook and only had 1 result, you made it easy! I should warn you, you are surrounded by Farmville addicts...they have issues...they can be scary at times!

Ham is in the oven almost done and smells SOOO good...I'm hoping to manage 3 or 4 bites before I get full....and we have pie! And I'm going to eat a little...and love every second of it!