Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hey Bob, Did you hear that in the Health care bill there is a provision for restaurants to have to post the amount of calories on the menu if they have at least 20 locations? I know we all don't agree on the health care bill but I am happy about being able to make an informed decision when I do go eat out. It sucks to eat out because you just never know what you are getting.

Do y'all think its the delayed spring that has us in this doldrum attitude? (Its here at my house too)

Anyone else here play Farmville, Farm Town, Fishville, or Cafe World on FB??

I'm always needing neighbors :-) Send me a PM and I'll add you :-)

WHere I live, Spring is ALWAYS delayd! lol

Hey, Bob--maybe when you're in the doldrums, you should post anyway. It might make it easier, in some small way. You don't have to be perpetually positive. Let us bolster you a little when you're down.

(I'm in the up $200 camp.)

Bobbie and PhD, glad to have you here.

Leigha, I forget what I was going to post to you. Good lord, I am losing my mind. Oh--yes! I am looking forward to having more-accessible nutrition information, and I think it will be a real eye-opener for the American public, in general.

Gloria-I am doing the no-hands thing. It has made a difference to me this week. For some reason (I'm betting PMS), my band is playing tricks on me--and instead of being tighter in the morning, I am ravenous as I approach dinnertime, but tight as a drum & finished with the meal almost before I start.

Customarily, that approaching-dinnertime time is the time when I pop something in my mouth (while cooking, serving, whatever...) Not stuff I shouldn't have, but something from my measured portion, but eaten inappropriately. Well, with a fickle band, that didn't work very well! So the no-hands thing has helped me feel much better and actually get some dinner in me!

I go in for Fill #3 in the morning--and am looking forward to it. I am really approaching good restriction, I think--but am not quite there yet. I hope to eradicate the mid-day ravenous-ness.

It's now officially Spring Break. Well, for Preston. We celebrated by getting him the second in Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove series. I am so thrilled he's reading this--he's gone from a kid who likes reading well enough, but wasn't particularly inclined to do so unless he had to, to a child who voraciously reads 600-900 page books.< /p>

I knew that if anyone could do it, Larry McMurtry could do it.

Okay, I guess I need to stop procrastinating. Winter seems to be returning, there's wind gusting around my house, and my poor Truman, who enjoys wind flapping his ears, is telling me, "Oh, no you don't, woman! Put on your shoes! We're going for a walk!"

Have a great day, everyone!

Edited by BetsyB

Hi my friends! I certainly missed you all! I have been on my a$$ with strep throat all week! Should still be home, but I managed to drag my butt into work today! I am scanning updates, so i am SO sorry if I forget anyone. You know I love you all LOL

Betsy-- I bet as I'm typing this you are seeing under 200 regularly on that scale. Your posts are so positive and inspiring to the whole board and I know that is what is going to get you to onederland before you know it!

Leigha-- how are you my friend? Has the .5 fill made a difference? Dying to know how you're doing with the additional fill.

HB--First, CONGRATS on getting to 80 lbs!!! Wooohooo! Doing the happy dance for you!!!!! I hope you're feeling better. This weather has definitely been the cause of all the illnesses in my neck of the woods!

Cocoa--welcome back! How was vacation?

Bobbie--Welcome!

Dizzy---100 lbs! You go!!!! What a terrific milestone! Congrats!

Bob--I'm with Betsy and the $200. Nice going!!! It's $200 of found money :-) Treat yourself to some new skinny clothes, my friend!!

So, my husband is in DC all week for work and just informs me that he may need to stay another week :-(! I mean, it's wonderful that my mom is next door and is good company for me, and helps me take care of the kids, but I miss my honey. It really stinks. Oh well, I'm using a lot of the free time to exercise with my sister, who also lives next door. My Ab Coaster came on Tuesday and I was counting on hubby to put it together--hmmmm I might just need to venture into the unknown and put it together myself--I'm dying to use it!

As crappy as I feel, I power walked 2 miles yesterday and did my Just Dance Wii game the night before. My head felt like it was going to fall off, but I just couldn't lay there anymore :-(

I posted a great Mexican chicken crockpot recipe for anyone who wants it. I have to get the 2 bean chili one up there too. Delish!!!

Hope you are all well!!!

Betsy, I totally agree with you - it will be a HUGE eye opener !!

I'm also in the +200 camp :-)

I just wanted to check in and let you know I may be disappearing for a day or two. I'm in a state of shock this morning. I woke up to find an e-mail from a friend letting me know that a dear friend, one of my spiritual mentors, was taking a tree down yesterday when it fell the wrong way and hit him in the head. He was airlifted to the medical center and had surgery to remove the blood on his brain. He's now in ICU with severe injuries to his face, back of the skull and several vertebrae. At this point they don't know whether he'll be paralyzed and/or have serious impairment of his mental faculties.

To all my band friends who pray, please pray for this young man, his wife and toddler son. If he survives, it will be a long long road to recovery. Thanks.

Elfie--sending prayers for your friend and his family. I hope I haven't missed an update. I'm so sorry to hear this news.

I hope you are feeling better , physically at least. You will be in my prayers too my friend. ((HUGS))

Have a lovely week and weekend everyone. I'm running away to Ohio to visit family for the last part of Connor's spring break and won't be back 'til Sunday. Steve (my band) is still giving me heck from the fill last week so I'm curious to see how I'll do eating what other people make and praying I don't spend the whole time miserable.

Have a lovely time and no more talk of that snow stuff. We didn't get any but my best friend who is in NW Arkansas (couple hours away) got 8 inches...in March...the week of spring break, that's just bizarre.

Hey, maybe Ohio has better bra selections than AR?!?!!! Off I go!

Christie--safe travels to OH and I hope Steve cooperates and you get a nice bra to compliment your diminishing ladies :Banane20:!!!

(And I am gonna pretend that I didn't see the "S" word in your post, as I've seen enough this season to last me a lifetime LOL)

Bob, I'm so glad you're back on board, $200+! I agree with Betsy- it's good to have a place to share, no matter what we feel or is going on.

Betsy- congrats on 200-!

We're getting snow tomorrow here in CT! On the other hand, the crocuses are in bloom and trees in bud.

Did my walk, practiced eating, etc., etc. It's not necessarily getting any easier- I sure hope the band helps! Not up to not eating with my hands yet...

Hello to all!

I just wanted to check in and let you know I may be disappearing for a day or two. I'm in a state of shock this morning. I woke up to find an e-mail from a friend letting me know that a dear friend, one of my spiritual mentors, was taking a tree down yesterday when it fell the wrong way and hit him in the head. He was airlifted to the medical center and had surgery to remove the blood on his brain. He's now in ICU with severe injuries to his face, back of the skull and several vertebrae. At this point they don't know whether he'll be paralyzed and/or have serious impairment of his mental faculties.

To all my band friends who pray, please pray for this young man, his wife and toddler son. If he survives, it will be a long long road to recovery. Thanks.

Elifie, I am so sorry to hear that about your friend. I said a prayer for him...I hope he recovers to full strength and soon. And and a prayer for you to be strong for your friends.

Hey Bob, Did you hear that in the Health care bill there is a provision for restaurants to have to post the amount of calories on the menu if they have at least 20 locations? I know we all don't agree on the health care bill but I am happy about being able to make an informed decision when I do go eat out. It sucks to eat out because you just never know what you are getting.

Do y'all think its the delayed spring that has us in this doldrum attitude? (Its here at my house too)

That would be great if they had the nutrition info right there. I don't like going anywhere spur of the moment anymore because I don't know what to get. Anytime we do go somewhere I look up the calories and decide what I'm going to get before hand.

Bob! you're back! We missed you! :) (sorry you are headed in to banster hell though)

Welcome Bobbie!

My snow is melting again and the road is a muddy mess..... just in time for more snow friday night or saturday....... it sucks.

My head cold is going away!

S.H.I.T (sure happy it's Thursday! because it is my Friday!)

I have not thought about the no hands thing much, but will start paying attention.

I can't keep up with y'all! I need to check this more often!!

Elfie-Sorry to hear about your friend! I will pray for you and their family.

Congrats to everyone on the losses....and BOB--don't sweat the gain. Bandster Hell is well....HELL. It gets better...slowly, but it does. I'm still partially there myself. I can't eat a ton, but it doesn't stick with me for longer than like an hour. We'll get there though.

I don't do Farmville...but do any of you do Treasure Madness? That is my new FB addiction lol. Used to be Farmville.

Happy Friday everyone! (Crystl's Saturday)

I lost that pound I gained last week and another on top of if. Let's just hope I can keep it off until my official weigh-day of the week, Wednesday.

I was determined never to see Bandster Hell and I am going to fight it as hard as I can. Come on April 21!

Betsy congrats on reaching Onderland! By the time I do that, cameras will be projecting 4d images to the viewers.