Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hey All Good to hear from everyone and glad to see how everyone is doing. I don't have nearly the time to catch up now that I'm officially back at work full time plus still going to physical therapy...

I had a great day... They catered in a bunch of them 5 ft sub sandwhiches at work today, so I took my slice of the turkey sandwhich, tossed the bread and onions and ate the turkey, cheddar cheese, lettuce and Tomato with mustard... It was soooo good and I barely got through it all. They really pack the stuff in there. And to think I used to eat two of them slices including the bread pre-band....

Hey Jen!

Well done with the sandwich. It's amazing how our perceptions change over time, isn't it?

I was talking to my boss one day while he was eating lunch. He had a chicken breast and some rice. He went to take a bite of chicken and I nearly knocked it out of his hand cause it was such a big bite! I had to remind myself that I am the one banded, not him!

It really does sound like you are at a good sweet spot. Maybe stick with it awhile longer and not mess with a good thing. I am happy your daughter is going to get banded.

If she needs it, doing it at her age would be great!

There are now 4 of us in my close family that have had WLS and a couple more who need it.

Our family dinners may be very different now.

No "stuck" episodes today. I just have to take my time eating. Slllllllllooooooooooow down! If I do that I don't get stuck and can still tell when I've had enough. I believe you're right about my sweet spot. I think I'm there. Will discuss it with my doctor though. And we'll see how much I've lost too....

My daughter got her date today. She is having the surgery on March 30th. She has a BMI of 45 so she has some work to do. She is just starting the preop diet and not lovin' it. She has my support though and all my love!!!

Good morning, everyone! TGIF!!

Bob, Days 3 & 4 sucked for me--that's when I felt I'd been hit by a Mack truck. Hang in there--it improves quickly!

For your first stuck episode, I'd recommend sticky rice. Plain.

Jen, congrats on getting into smaller jeans! If that's not a great motivator, I don't know what is!

Illuminationlady--how exciting for your daughter. I'm so glad she has your support. And 14 inches!! Tremendous!

Denise--Butters is going to be one happy dog with all the walking. And it looks like the scale likes it, too! Are you feeling any better?

Liz--Waahhh! I can't see your pics! Can you please add me? I promise not to distribute them widely across the internet.

Sticking to 2 bites of delicious chocolatiness is great. I haven't yet, but plan to use the 3-bite rule. I have a feeling that I won't have room for more pretty soon!

Hummingbird---how is your cousin doing?

I'm hanging in. Mark's home and okay---not a lot different, seemingly, from "normal." He sees the transplant team on Monday. I am nervous. Scared they'll say he's not ready yet. Scared they'll say it's too late. Really, what I need to do is just let it go---I can express my concerns to them, but stewing about them isn't doing me any good.

What is IS doing is making me jump out of my skin. My remedy is walking. Truman and I walked twice yesterday, for a total of 7-7.5 miles. It was gorgeous out---very good for the soul!

Did I post that I got my second fill? Well, I got my second fill on Wednesday---and while I don't think I'm quite there yet, I feel a real difference this time. At the class preceding, it was emphasized that the doctor almost NEVER allows anyone to get filled at intervals closer than 6 weeks. But I've found that if you are pretty obviously compliant, and ask nicely, he does. This one was after 3 weeks, and he let me keep my appointment for 3 weeks from now. So, hopefully I'll be feeling sweet in a few weeks.

The difference I feel now is primarily in the morning. I'm nice and tight, and the span between Breakfast and lunch, before I get hungry, is loooong. But then I am right back to wanting to eat everything not nailed down. (I don't--I just want to!)

So, we'll see.

Today, I have orders from Bariatric Eating (protein powder, sugar-free barbecue sauce, parmesan crisps) and Bandtastic Meals coming---it will be nice to have some new goodies to sample.

Have a great day, everyone!

ETA: Now I see you, Liz--you look AMAZING! Beautiful :smile2:

Edited by BetsyB

Betsy: TGIF indeed!!!! I am so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow…it’s the first thing I thought of when my alarm when off this morning! I sent you a friend request.

Illumination: Congrats on your daughter!!! I wish I could have gotten it done younger as well! If she like you, she’ll do just fine! I seriously started considering it after my mom was going to get it done as well. She was scheduled to have it done in December 2008, but some test came back with something, I don’t remember what, so they had to postpone it. At any rate, something was going on with her where she just lost a lot of weight on her own, so then she didn’t need it really. But over the past few months I can tell she’s been teetering up and down. She says she still wants to get it done. I don’t know what is preventing her to do so. She’s always so secretive about her health which worries me a bit.

Bob: Poor guy, you’ll get to feeling better soon. Don’t be afraid to use pain meds if they gave you some, or liquid Tylenol.

HummingBird: Congrats on your family as well. I have a cousin who has lapband, and few more family members who need it. Like I said before, I sure wish I had done this sooner!

Cocoa: I’m having the same running nose and scratchy throat thing too. I think its allergy time because I don’t feel drained like I do with a cold. I just recently found out that I’m allergic to just about everything in the air. Funny how I didn’t really have a problem until a couple years ago. If it gets bad, I will usually take the generic OTC allergy meds, they work pretty well for me, so maybe you can try those and see if they help you.

Leigha: Before banding, I used to down those rolls like nobody’s business too, and eat all my dinner, and desert! I was just clueless as to how many calories things have in them! And, they put these things out there, like a soda, and people even look at the nutrition label and say, oh it’s only 150 calories I can drink this bottle, but they don’t realize that the bottle is really 2.5 servings so it’s really like 375! So, now I’m a nutrition freak. If I can, I’ll even look up stuff online if we’re going out to dinner. Didn’t have time to before Texas Roadhouse, but now I know!

Well, unless something major happens, like I chop off my arm or something, looks like I’ll only be logging 1lb loss for the week. It’s a bummer, but at least it’s not a gain, right! If it is only 1lb, I’ll see if I can get in Monday for that fill my doc promised me. But, good thing, I’ve never felt so good looking simple…jeans with a black top and black boots, lol!

Anybody have teenagers? Teenage girls? I don’t know what is in the Water these days, but my 15 year old daughter seems to have a peanut for a brain! I picked her up from her girls’ meeting last night, they made t-shirts, and I guess they weren’t dry yet. But, she had the shirt in one hand, purse in the other, cell phone stuck to her ear, got in the car and first was like, “what do I do with this?” I told her to set it on her lap. She did, but still sat there with the car door open, and it was COLD! I told her to shut the door…she managed to put the purse down, but now had the cell phone in her hand…”I can’t close the door”. I was like “put the friggin phone down and shut the door!” Of course she scoffs and makes those annoying noises teens do nowadays. Then I start to pull off, beep beep, she never put on her seat belt. Cell phone still in hand, she says she can’t put on her seat belt. I lost it, I yelled at her, people were staring, lol! It’s like this everyday with her, and her friends act ditzy too. Drives me nuts!

Off to the exciting task of reading through mortgage documents! (did you hear me squeal with excitement?) Have a good day!

I ended up sleeping about 14 hours yesterday and last night. Woke up this morning feeling great.

Hopefully no surprises tomorrow.

It's great to hear that Mark is home and doing ok. I hope the news is good from the transplant team.

I didn't realize this was pledge drive week where we were supposed to go enlist family members for lapband. I guess I'll wait until next time.

Good Morning everyone! I still can't friggin' see!! It's driving me nuts!

Bob, Glad you're feeling better this morning. You'll be back to normal before ya know it.

Betsy, Glad to hear Mark is home. I continue to keep him and you in my prayers. I am Catholic and have a little Blessed Mother Statue with a candle. I keep it lit for certain prayer intentions and Mark in now included.

Liz, Yes, teenagers can be really bad about there phones. My 23 year old is always texting, surfing the net, etc. when she's with me. I told her it's rude and she states, "It's part of my culture. Don't put my culture down Mom." Can you believe that?

I made it through all of yesterday without getting stuck. I ate slowly and did not overeat at any one sitting. I think I'm getting the hang of it finally. Eating too fast is a hard habit to break. I think the band will break it for me cause everytime I eat too fast I get stuck. Behavior modification!!!

Bob, I'm glad you're feeling better today!

Liz, I have a 21-year-old daughter and a 13-year-old son. I'm VERY familiar with Peanut Brain Syndrome (PBS). The best is when they act like we're the idiots. The good news is that adolescence isn't nearly as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. And that they emerge as real HUMANS on the other side. I've really enjoyed watching my daughter become her own person.

But PBS makes me wonder, at times, how they manage to survive the day.

Betsy, don't hold your breath waiting for your son to grow out of it. I am 45 and there is no end in site for me yet. :smile2:

Good morning everyone! Its Friday! I am actually going to eat lunch with a friend who I talk to regularly on the phone and by text but I haven't seen in 2 months or so, she has been on WW and we have lost about the same amount of weight, I am really excited to see her.

Denise, How is your MIL? I hope she is doing well. Please no schooling on your boss, last time I tried that I got fired. But in retrospect I am really happy that happened so maybe you should go ahead....

Jen--How's the PT going?

IL--I am so glad to hear you are at your perfect spot. I hope you get your glasses soon.

Betsy-- Congrats on your 2nd fill, that when things really took off for me.

Liz-- My 15 year old son has a new girlfriend, she is 16 and has a car! :w00t: I wish he would go back to just the phone!

Bob-- Pledge drive, :smile2: I am still laughing about that one. Glad you feel better, a little sleep is a great thing.

Have a great day everyone.

LOL, I was trying to find a nice way to say how guys don't grow up as fast, but you did it for me. (my son is 27, soon to be 28)

LOL, PBS! I am going to start calling her that..she won't have a clue!

BTW, my new screen name...DizzyLizzy...still me. I'm tryinig to get all my screen names for different stuff to match...I was having trouble remembering them all!!

I wasn't on this thread yesterday, so it seems like I've missed a lot. There is something very special going on here!

Trying to keep up with everyone

Bob-Glad you're feeling better. I married one of those guys who would never grow up and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jen-love how you handled the subs at work. You go girl!

Illuminationlady - didn't realize your daughter was in the process. She's going to be so lucky to have your support.

Cocoa - How's the blood sugar. That butter sounds like a lucky dog.

liz - my kids are still only 8 and 10, and I know the day is coming. still praying for the magic bullet to prevent peanut brain, just like I was waiting for the magic bullet to my weight problems...about those rolls, my doctor alwyas says its not about counting calories, it's about knowing, so now you know; so cool how you are accountable.

Betsy - thinking about you and Mark; glad he is home. I'm amazed at your eloquence and grace when you talk about what you are dealing with. Also good for you, that you are making sure you try to take care of your self. Still saying prayers.

Leigha - thanks again for starting this thread. My husband gets kind of tired heraing about my weight loss, how much I love my band....and he's been listening to it for 3 1/2 years. He also shared with me recently that he missed some of the attention that was focused elsewhere. He's said he always loved me and always found me sexy, but...wanted to share that today is our 15th anniversary, we've been together 25, and he's loves his new wife.....It doesn't get any better than that. Feeling very grateful.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Have a great day!

Edited by atgoalgal

I know what you mean, I can't keep up.

Everyone, just know I am reading all the posts here and have good thoughts about them all :smile2: