Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated! Plz Read! Sorry, it's long!

I have had one hell of a lap band journey and can't wait to have it removed. My original surgeon, "Dr.X" put the band in four days after I said that I was paying cash. I thought I had researched it enough on my own, but I was wrong. He even said I would be back at work in 3 days (ha)! The first 6 months or so went good, steady weight loss. After that, I told him before every fill that I was having reflux and excessive vomiting. He always said on guided swallow that everything looked great though, so no removal of Fluid. This past October, he hesitantly took .7 cc out of the band because I was miserable. That night, I wasn't even able to keep Water down. The next AM, he wasn't in his office...so they referred me to another surgeon "Dr X 2". They immediately removed all the fluid out of my band and told me to go eat and drink water. There was swelling in the guided swallow, "but it should clear up". Swelling never cleared, and I have not had a meal since. I live on milkshakes (but I am still maintaining weight) .My primary care doctor did several tests...one revealed that completely deflated (and after unsuccessfully attempting to dilate it), my opening was the size of a bic pen and the band was "tilted more than average" and had issues passing fluid. I'm not sure what this even means! My primary care wrote me a letter to have it removed. I took it to Dr X2, and he refuses to admit that anythings wrong, and "I'm just not chewing good". Well, I'm out $15k for the surgery, and $1400 from tests to find out what is wrong (my insurance only covers $1500, and that was used up by January 31). All I want is a re-imbursement but not sure if I will get one. Any thoughts? Again, sorry I wrote a novel!

Is DR 1 and DR 2 in the same practice? Have you gone for a second opinion (from a Bariatric surgeon)? At this point I would feel pot committed. You have spent so much, what if a good surgeon could just adjust the band correctly and everything would be fine? Dr Kim in Colleyville did my surgery and I think he is technically very good. Also I don't think he is just a "puppy mill" type. (You know the type, only interested in the money and just runs everyone through like cattle.) It probably wouldn't cost much to go see him and let him look. Plus if the band was placed wrong in his opinion it might help with recovering some of your money. Good luck, I'm sorry your having so much trouble. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches