Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd Fill and missing food already

I just got my third fill today... .50cc's which puts me at 5.5 CC's now... SInce I had trouble eating for so long after the last fill, my Dr. wants me to do a modified Post Op kind of diet.. 2 fulls days of broth and juices. 2 full days of full liquid, like shakes and cream soups... 2 full days of mushies then add back in what I can as I can after that... Yikes.... I'm already starving....

I hope coffee and V-8 are liquid... Thats what I've had today... I had errands after the fill and had the V-8 with me and it took me a full hour to drink it... I could feel it dripping down my throat little by little.. Kinda reminded me of an IV drip.... Only it was in my throat... Haha... After about half a can of the V-8, I had hiccups for about 15 minutes too... It was funny how they sounded squeaky... Almost like a little mouse in my throat... hehe...

Now that I think about the whole broth vs full liquid thing, I think maybe the V-8 is kinda thick and maybe should wait? Any input?

But Maybe I'll lose a few pounds during this phase....

I guess you could always thin down the V8 with a bit of Water, or even some broth? Not sure, I only use V8 when cooking! lol

I hope you are able to get to the point of eating again soon. That sounds like absolutely no fun. However, perhaps you are getting close to your sweet spot?

Mice are definitely not considered a liquid.........:)

Mice are definitely not considered a liquid.........:)

But.... But........ But what if I chew them up so throughly that they become liquid.... Heck, for that matter, I can eat anything as long as I chew it up until its a liquid..... Haha.... Chew chew chew, toss in some Water, chew chew chew, a little more Water, chew chew chew and Waaalaaaaa... It's a liquid....

but your not suppose to drink anything when you eat

OK if you want to go ahead but I am going to have to pass....

Haha.. I'll pass on the mouse and the watered down any kind of food.... dang... Give a girl credit for trying.... There's a 2 miles per hour wind outside right now, If I step out the door, I'll blow away I'm so withered up and hungry right now....

I wonder what V-8 and chicken or beef broth taste like mixed together????

But.... But........ But what if I chew them up so throughly that they become liquid.... Heck, for that matter, I can eat anything as long as I chew it up until its a liquid..... Haha.... Chew chew chew, toss in some Water, chew chew chew, a little more water, chew chew chew and Waaalaaaaa... It's a liquid....

I was just reading your profile about the knee injury. 1 1/2 years ago I severly injured my left knee and had to have surgery. After 5 months of not being able to do anything I had gained 40 lbs, putting me at a all time high of 240. This was a year ago January. At that time I decided to look into weight loss surgery. Fast forward to Sept. 2009. At this point my knee doctor decided I needed a total knee replacement. Because of this my ins. co. actually paid for my weight loss surgery. Had the knee replaced in Sept. and the weight loss surgery in Dec. While doing the weight loss surgery, however they strapped me down, they damaged the tendons around my new knee. After a series of cortisone shots and more sitting around, I think I'm on the road to being healthier.

Put some Worcestershire sauce in it, it always makes it taste "meaty" to me.

I was just reading your profile about the knee injury. 1 1/2 years ago I severly injured my left knee and had to have surgery. After 5 months of not being able to do anything I had gained 40 lbs, putting me at a all time high of 240. This was a year ago January. At that time I decided to look into weight loss surgery. Fast forward to Sept. 2009. At this point my knee doctor decided I needed a total knee replacement. Because of this my ins. co. actually paid for my weight loss surgery. Had the knee replaced in Sept. and the weight loss surgery in Dec. While doing the weight loss surgery, however they strapped me down, they damaged the tendons around my new knee. After a series of cortisone shots and more sitting around, I think I'm on the road to being healthier.

I'm happy to hear that you are finally on a good road to recovery... Wow, I can't believe they injured your leg during the banding.... Was it those air bags they strap to you that did it? When I had my Band surgery, I just told everyone I was having the first of two knee surgeries... The Nurse was real nice and bandaged and wrapped my knee all up for me so nobody would be the wiser...

I'm still in Physical Therapy and the funny thing is my Therapist is trying to get me to some Unkwn point of mobility and strength in my leg/knee... She keeps pushing for me to do better and more... Right now, I do the Stationary Bike on Level 9 for 30 minutes total and then I do wieght training with my legs and some stuff with a big ball... I can't get her to understand that my leg is already in better shape than before my accident and stronger than it has been in years. LOL... So we keep reaching for more..... I just hate paying the $40.00 co-pay twice a week when I would rather just go use my gym membership and do the same things there... However, she does keep me on track and does not let me cheat... Hehe.... My leg still has twinges of pain now and again, but I'm getting around real good....

Put some Worcestershire sauce in it, it always makes it taste "meaty" to me.

Oh Yummy... How about some vodka or whatever it is you use to make a Bloody Mary?? LOL...

I'm happy to hear that you are finally on a good road to recovery... Wow, I can't believe they injured your leg during the banding.... Was it those air bags they strap to you that did it? When I had my Band surgery, I just told everyone I was having the first of two knee surgeries... The Nurse was real nice and bandaged and wrapped my knee all up for me so nobody would be the wiser...

I'm still in Physical Therapy and the funny thing is my Therapist is trying to get me to some Unkwn point of mobility and strength in my leg/knee... She keeps pushing for me to do better and more... Right now, I do the Stationary Bike on Level 9 for 30 minutes total and then I do wieght training with my legs and some stuff with a big ball... I can't get her to understand that my leg is already in better shape than before my accident and stronger than it has been in years. LOL... So we keep reaching for more..... I just hate paying the $40.00 co-pay twice a week when I would rather just go use my gym membership and do the same things there... However, she does keep me on track and does not let me cheat... Hehe.... My leg still has twinges of pain now and again, but I'm getting around real good....

Don't know exactly how they injured it, I told them that the knee was totally replaced 3 months prior. They had me so doped up, and sent me home with liquid codein' that I did not notice it right away. Hope you recover fully.

Just an update on this 3rd fill...

I usually have a Water bottle on my bed table and take a sip now and then in the night... Guess I won't be doing that anymore or for a while at least... It sat in my throat and gurgled and squeeked for about 30 minutes until I got up and walked around for about 15 minutes to let it go down....

So Far today, the same thing... I took two sips at 8am and I still feel them sitting in my throat..... Maybe the magic number is to be up and moving around for at least 2 hours to allow the overnight band swelling to go down before putting anything in my mouth.... Or maybe I need to try a warm beverage first like hot tea or something to get things relaxed in there?

Any Experienced Bandsters here with input? I guess it will just be trial and error... Til I find what works for me...

Jen,

It almost sounds as if you're too full. As long as you're taking sips and not gulps, it shouldn't cause you difficulty.

If you can't get Water down, you need to contact your doctor. Otherwise, it may just be temporary swelling that will go down.

Edited by ElfiePoo