Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 2/19, having a bad day, need some support

About going back to work in a week.

Maybe the surgery part feels okay; but, you have to remember you are not eating much and you energy is just not there.

No way are you going to be running after patients in a week. You are just not going to have the energy because you haven't been eating enough.

I didn't feel that good after two weeks. I had headaches and felt very weak. It was from not getting enough food at first.

Keep drinking and eat what you can. It does get better but not all people recover quickly.

Take heart. I'm 27 months out. It's not just a strole through the park. You'll be happy, the pain will subside...You have a few weeks of recovery though...You will be ok...keep yer chin up

Thank you all for your support. I appreciate having somewhere to turn. Doc called me today, has me trying kaopectate and Probiotics, thinks part of problem is related to antibiotics I got in hospital. I also bought some flintstones complete Vitamins to try. I'll keep chin up and reminding myself IT WILL GET BETTER AND WILL BE WORTH IT!!

Thanks! I do have gas-x strips, trying them occassionally. I'm trying to get the Protein in but its not going in too easily, hate the feeling of my stomach in my throat. I'll keep trudging along, i'm sure each day will be a little better.

Does anyone have suggestions on tasty Vitamins?

I know how you must feel. I still have problems passing gas more frequently. I have just resolved that it is a natural bodily function and , oh well. At least they are not really smelly (TMI). As for vitamins, I take chewable Centrum. Orange flavor and not too bad either. Wal Mart has these proteing shots-26gm of protein in fruit punch flavor. I add one to a bottle of crystal light and just sip on it until it is gone. I find when I am just sipping all day, I can down more than I realize. Hang in there....this too shall past!:cursing:

A nutritionist told me to take high quality Vitamins. I thought I could use CVS chewable but she said they are worthless. I use Bariatric Advantage now. For me in the beginning I was using soy Protein and it was causing more gas, so my Dr. had me switch to whey and I was able to digest that more easily. Water and walking are key for me. The healing process takes time so try and be patience with your body's needs.

Well, I was had my surgery on 2/8 and am still feeling tired. It does get easier. I was out of work for two weeks and went back this past Monday and was exhausted! Take it easy. It is so worth it. I have lost 28 pounds in 2 weeks. The stage 3 diet (that is what it is called at my program) lasts for about 2 plus weeks. It was so hard to stick to it. I did cheat a little but they say it is for your stomach to heal. I had really bad gas pains as well and the more I walked the better I felt. So, Walk, Walk, and Walk! Get rid of the gas pains. The going to the BR is most likely from all the liquids that you are drinking. As for getting the Protein in have you tried the Slim Fast High Protein Shakes? It has 15g of protein and mix it with milk. It is very creamy and good. Also I have just started using Isopure drinks it also has 15 g of protein and is like a Water and are available at CVS or GNC. I, too had a very hard time getting in the right amount of protein and I am still struggling. It does get better. Once you see the difference on the scale you will feel so much better. As for Vitamins, have you tried the Flintstones Complete? They aren't bad. Good luck.