Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is something wrong?

So I was banded on 2/11/10. I lost weight the first 5 days of 11 pounds and here it is 11 days out and havent lost anything since.....:frown: I am still doing my mushies for dinner. I do 3 Protein Shakes a day and a mushie dinner. I am doing something wrong? Is this normall?

It's totally normal! Weight loss doesn't occur in a straight downward line---there are often little plateaus.

Immediately postop, your body's still going through lots of changes---be patient & keep working it, and you'll see the loss :frown:

That is funny, I was about to post the same question. I am 11 days post op and I lost 12 lbs. the first few days, but I have not lost anything since. I also drink about 2 Protein Shakes a day, and pureed food for dinner. I don't know why I am stuck. I can't wait for the first fill. I really wish this works for me, at this point I am a little discouraged.

Until you get your first fill, you probably won't lose any weight. Totally normal. Just let your stomach heal for now and don't worry about it.

Just to reiterate what others have said here, I was banded on 2-10, and I stalled for a few days too, this week. Due to some medical issues, I have now started losing again, but I was just told by my surgery nurse yesterday (we're neighbors - she was also banded 7 years ago and has kept the weight off), that any weight that I have lost before my first fill is BONUS weight. She said that my surgeon doesn't expect any weight loss until after the first fill, and in fact, a lot of people gain in those first weeks.

So don't get down on yourself!! Give your body time to heal. The band can't really work properly until it's been filled. Then, as long as you make healthy choices and exercise, it should be smooth sailing for ya!

:frown: Good Luck!! :sad:

My weight stalled completely until my second fill. I'm getting my third fill today and hope this will do the trick. You are healing and not expected to lose weight right now. Fills and restriction are the key to weight loss and you can't get one until you're healed. Best wishes!!!

Thanks fellow banders :frown: I was so down the last couple of days about this. I have my first fill on march 11th so hopefully uill find my sweet spot soon!