Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wowza! Restriction is great!

I only weigh myself on Mondays but wasn't expecting much of a loss (if anything) at all this morning because I dropped quite a bit last week, but surprise...lost another 4 lbs!

I've had real restriction now for 3 weeks and in that time I've lost something on the order of 18-20 pounds! I've forgotten exactly where I was at but I know it was somewhere between 232-235.

Definitely do not underestimate the value of pushing your doctor for your fills and getting you to restriction so the band can do its job!

I'm so geeked, I think I'll go out and shovel snow!

ElfiePoo,

Can you give me an example of what you are eating for 1 day? I sure would like to know so that I can get back on track.

Go Elfiipoo! Sounds like your doing great. What size band and how many, what quanity fills have you had? I have only had 1 fill, 4.6 in a 10. band. I eat less then I use to but feel I'm going more on willpower then bandpower. I'm calling my Dr. today to get another fill scheduled.

I'm so glad you're doing so well! I've just emailed my doctor's office, asking for a fill earlier than currently scheduled. I'm ready, and as long as there are no medical contraindications, want to move ahead.

We have to be proactive!

Congratulations Elfie! I have high hopes that I will feel restriction for longer than a week at a time in the future. What are your portion sizes?

We have to be proactive!

This can't be said enough. I am so saddened when I read about people who have been banded for 6 months or more and who only have a minimal amount in their band and are struggling with hunger. The only way our caregivers can provide *good* care is if we communicate with them.

Way to go Elfie!! I'm getting a fill today and am hoping I'll be right there with ya!!!

Yay Elfie! When you're finished with your snow, can you come over and do mine too? I know my hubby won't!

I go this afternoon for another fill, my third. I'm really hoping that it gets me close to my sweet spot, because I'm eating too much and too fast, almost like I didn't have the band at all, and I've got 5.6 ccs in my 10 cc band (which can hold 12 ccs).

Although I did lose 2.2 pounds this week, I think it was because I exercised 5 days last week.

Congrats, Elfie!!! That's soooo wonderful! I'm hoping I'm doing the happy dance next week too (FINALLY get my second fill on Thursday, hallelujah!)

I'm interested to know what you're eating after this latest fill. I'm always worried that not eating enough will send me back into starvation mode and another plateau.

Way to go!! SO happy for you!!!

For those who asked. My activity level would be considered 'light' (one step above sedentary). I move, but nothing strenous...although I just finished an hour of shoveling 10" deep *heavy* snow which might qualify as strenuous.

What do I eat?

Breakfast is usually a double scoop of EAS whey powder in 1 cup 2% milk. I find that boost of Protein actually keeps me more satisfied all day than starting with solid food. A good thing too, because I'm too tight in the morning to eat.

Mid-morning a ready-made EAS Protein Drink.

lunch is usually 3 oz of Protein, 1/4 cup vegie, 1/4 cup carbs (rice, potatoes, a few melba rounds).

Mid-afternoon a ready-made EAS Protein Drink.< /p>

dinner same as lunch.< /p>

Mid-evening a ready-made EAS protein drink.

My meals are *usually* distinctly protein, vegie, carb because everything else seems to be a slider food for me. Casseroles made with pastas, rice or Beans laugh at the band...at least for me they do.

I start with my protein, but I find it too boring to eat all my protein, then my vegies, then my carbs. Since I know I get my daily protein requirements in just through the mid-meal shakes, I don't have to worry about eating all of my protein. I'll usually eat about half my protein, then half my vegies and then half my carbs. Then go back to the protein and repeat.

Last night I ate 2 oz of chicken, 2 Tbs of brussel sprouts and 2 Tbs of rice. As I went to finish that last ounce of chicken, I realized I just didn't want to eat anything else. I dumped the rest of it and was perfectly satisfied the rest of the night.

I truly believe the extra protein the mid-meal shakes are the reason I'm continuing to lose as I have been.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Today's menu:

Lunch: 3 oz tuna (mixed with 1-1/2 tsp mayo, onion, dill), a couple slices of Tomato, a bit of lettuce)

Dinner: Lasagna (1/2-3/4 cup), 1/4 cup of salad with blue cheese dressing

Yesterday's menu:

Lunch: 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich (1 sl 'thin/diet' bread with 2 oz jarlsberg cheese), 3/4 cup tomato Soup made with milk

Dinner: 2 oz chicken w/2 Tbs mushroom gravy (made with Cream of mushroom soup), 2 Tbs brussel sprouts, 2 Tbs rice

I'm always worried that not eating enough will send me back into starvation mode and another plateau.

If you add Protein shakes in between meals, it will boost your calories. I get around 1200-1400 a day depending. For example, my calories will be closer to 1400 today because I'm having lasagna *and* homemade blue cheese dressing. I don't count fat at all to be honest, nor do I worry about it.

As far as I'm concerned, carbs are *my* enemy.

Great job. I am going for my 3 fill on friday. I hope it last for longer than 10 days for restriction this time. I do so good at first then I start to eat more again. I am not eating nearly what I was before the lapband. But I want to see more weight loss! How many fills have you had? What size band and fill?

I only weigh myself on Mondays but wasn't expecting much of a loss (if anything) at all this morning because I dropped quite a bit last week, but surprise...lost another 4 lbs!

I've had real restriction now for 3 weeks and in that time I've lost something on the order of 18-20 pounds! I've forgotten exactly where I was at but I know it was somewhere between 232-235.

Definitely do not underestimate the value of pushing your doctor for your fills and getting you to restriction so the band can do its job!

I'm so geeked, I think I'll go out and shovel snow!

Nice work!!!

Great job. I am going for my 3 fill on friday. I hope it last for longer than 10 days for restriction this time. I do so good at first then I start to eat more again. I am not eating nearly what I was before the LAP-BAND®. But I want to see more weight loss! How many fills have you had? What size band and fill?

I have 8.5cc in a 12cc band and it took me about 6-7 fills to get here. We've been pretty aggressive with the fills. The first one at 4 weeks and then every 2 weeks after that with the last one being one week after the prior one.

VERY happy for you !!

I postponed my fill last week to next week because i felt i was a little too tight, but now it seems i can eat more than i should now that i am chewing chewing - before when i wasnt eating as slow as i should or chewing as much i was in pain.. but now that i finally figured out the chewing and slow part i can eat more than a cup.. off to my fill on the 4th,, cant wait!