Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been so lazy the last week -

I postponed a fill because i felt i was tight enough and wouldnt you know now i need one :redface:

I am not eating too much at meals, in fact im still finding alot of foods make me hurt. :redface:

But i have been snacking.. gotta stop.

Ive been blowing off the gym this week only going 3 out of the last 6 days,, where i was going 5 days a week....

just cant seem to get out of my own way -

I want the next size jeans to fit, i want to lose another 23lb by april 16th.. im wondering if i am setting the bar to high - and yes i know if i dont go to the gym it sure wont happen :)

tomorrow is a new day right? I work all day then have 2 hours between job 1 and job 2 I wil be hitting the gym-

I dont know what is going on, ive been gun ho and doing everything right until this week and now i feel ive thrown all the hard work out the window---

ugg.. sorry im a downer today :(

My mother in law (the nicest, funnest, smartest lady in the world) says that when she feels like this she gives herself 2 days to have a true "pity party" she lays in bed, whines, complains and feels sorry for herself. Then she gets up and puts it all away and goes back to thinking good thoughts and doing the things she knows she should. I think this is wonderful advice.

I hope you get to feeling better. I know you can do it, I have read your posts, you are a positive person. Just a little blip in the plan.........

Thank you for that .

Whillow, I saw your other posts. Do you think you could be too tight? Do you do your fills under floro?

I thought i was too tight so i canceled the fill i was supposed to have last week - but things have loosened up over the past week and i dont think that i am too tight.

My dr. does not do them under floro -its mostly meats that give me a hard time - ground is ok, i cant eat taco meat - i was able to ear salsbury steak on friday at a buffet - I was also able to eat fruit and salad.< /p>

And last night i have a chicken lasagna that you make with corn torillas and i ground the chicken up for it and was able to eat that fine.. I think i just have to find the right form to eat meat it.

The lady who does my fills is also banded. She told me that being too tight is worse for weight loss than being too loose. She said we should be able to eat normal food just not a lot of it. She said she wants me to be able to eat any healthy food and not resort to sliders just because I was hungry. If you cant eat turkey and gravy I would talk to someone at my doctors office. Being too tight wont stop snacking it will only stop healthy eating. Then the only thing you have left is snacking, then you feel bad about it so you snack some more, its a vicious cycle. This might also account for your lack of energy to go to the gym? I dont know for sure, just some suggestions? :redface:

I will see how this week goes, either way i see my dr on the 4th. I will ask him is opinion - I am going to journal this week about everything i eat and what works and what doesnt so i can go over it with him.

my husband did say the turkey was a little dry even with gravy lol...

Thank you for all your advice and thoughts.... i really do appriciate it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches